Home

Getting a Pazaak Deck (In real-life, not in the game)

AlexysDavalos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JC beat me to it! They do look good though. O.K., I'm definitly making my friends learn Pazaak now. It is not hard, and I could see them getting into it. Especially for money...I'll try to avoid Narr Shaddaa rules though. :xp: I won't even mention it, don't want to give them any ideas...

~HOP

Lucky you. My friend already knows. :fist:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

they should totally make pazaak boards and pazaak cards with little magnetic chips or something in them so that when you lay them down, the board's display would identify the card and calculate it for the game!

ive seen this monster card dueling game called 'eye of judgement' for consoles that has a card scanner. you place the card under the light and i think monster or whatever will get summoned in the game!! now that is awesome

the-eye-of-judgment-20070923092016043.jpg

• 2 months later...

I made my own deck by taking the jack through king out of a regular deck if cards. I then +, -, and +/- on the ace through ten. Ace through ten of hearts +. Ace through ten of diamonds -. Ace through ten of clubs and spades +/-. And I use an unmarked deck for the dealer, with the jack through king removed of course. I actually made four decks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I used the link cybergrunt posted, and found some awesome stylized versions of Pazaak cards. The user made sheets of the different cards which I used photoshop to cut into individual cards. (also resized them to conform to standard playing card size) Then I used someones suggestion about artscow.com, and had 3 decks printed. Took forever to get here (from hong kong) but did they ever turn out amazing (cost $27.50 ish CA all together with shipping). My next step was to make a playing board that had all the nessessary stuff on it, which is now done, and totally awsome looking. Haven't printed it yet, but I will post pics of everything together once I do. I am going to print it on 50pt card paper and have it laminated, which again, will be awesome. If a few ppl want it, I will find a place to post the individual cards, and my pazaak board for ppl to use and print their own. Pazaak rules!

• 3 months later...
My next step was to make a playing board that had all the nessessary stuff on it, which is now done, and totally awsome looking. Haven't printed it yet, but I will post pics of everything together once I do. I am going to print it on 50pt card paper and have it laminated, which again, will be awesome. If a few ppl want it, I will find a place to post the individual cards, and my pazaak board for ppl to use and print their own. Pazaak rules!

I know this is a huge bump but did you go through with this? I'm very interested in knowing because I just ordered 2 decks from artscow using the cards someone posted earlier.

Got them for 19.98 USD using a free shipping coupon.

Will post picture of the outcome when they arrive.

Thanks for bumping the thread. I've been wanting to make my own! I don't think anyone would play would me, but it's the whole novelty thing. :D

I can't wait to see your pics!

Thanks! :D I'll post them the moment they arrive!

And just for the record I would totally play you. I love pazaak so much lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the cards today in the mail. Like I said I ordered two decks..

First turned out fine, but the second one had two cards with a thin white line running down the left side of the front. Not a big problem but kind of distracting.

I have already played a friend after teaching (WHICH THERE SHOULD BE A RULE BOOK FOR THIS BECAUSE IT SOUNDS SIMPLE TO EXPLAIN BUT ITS NOT TO SOME PEOPLE) them what to do. We enjoyed it and I definitely recommend getting some especially if you cosplay with Star Wars and are bored one day with a Star Wars nerd friend.

apologies for image size

Pic

352s0th.jpg

Receipt

dc7hbp.jpg

Archived