Home

I love a nice corpse.

wineman_cj

I just installed Jedi Outcast into an old machine after not playing for a long time.

I'm trying to remember a cheat code that I think I used in this game. I might be confusing it with Jedi Academy.

Is there a "g_corpseremovaltime" code in Jedi Outcast that I can use from the console? I've tried many different variations of the code that I found from the web, but I can't make it work.

Here's my objective: I'm trying to make bodies stay where they were I killed them. I can't remember if I ever did this in Jedi Outcast, but in Jedi Academy I could do it.

Can you do this in Jedi Outcast?

Yeah, it might be a bit much for this machine. I did it on Jedi Academy and don't remember lag, but that was on a slightly faster machine. But the video card in this machine is fast, so maybe there wont be a problem.

But I still can't get the code to work. Does anyone know if "g_corpseremovaltime" should work for Outcast? Is there a similar code?

• 4 months later...

Thanks for replying after so long. Figured this topic was dead and gone.

Yes, I did put a number at the end. First a large number, the way I had in Jedi Academy, and then I tried a small number to see if the bodies would disappear very quickly - to confirm whether or not the command works.

It looks like it doesn't work in Outcast, it only works in Academy.

A stay of dissapearance for all those sad corpses is my number1 wish for Jk:O at the moment - it seems odd that the engine's aggressive corpse clear can be disabled in academy but not Outcast.

I just don't get why developers think a blanket corpse clear is a good idea -- corpses should be removed dynamically and as necessary - so on a slower computer the corpses dissappear right fast, and on faster systems, they stick around. Probably not as simple as i think it is, but still.

Archived