Home

Sins

Renegade Angel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to rain on the parade, but the very mention of sin pretty much makes this "one of those religious threads", being that in order to be guilty of sin, you have to hold some sort of theology which the action goes against.

Something that is amoral isn't always a sin, and conversely not all sins are necessarily amoral, so equating morality (or a lack thereof) with sin isn't entirely accurate.

So, what sins I'm guilty of depends a lot on who's book you go by. In my eyes, not many -at least not deliberate and willful ones since I've come to consider them as wrong anyway.

If we're going by any of several religious doctrines, then there's probably quite a few, but most of them aren't what I'd consider appropriate for detailed discussion here. Mommy Jae would have to get out the paddle. ;)

-Kitt

Im perfect.

You forgot to use your apostrophe key.

I once wore a lab coat and studied on the effects of suffocating babies with pillows... Made of uncooked beef... The upside is I am now proud to announce the fact that E. coli doesn't turn infants into zombies.

It was in the name of science! Don't give me that look, Jae!

You don't want to post anything that will make Mama Jae want to give you 'The Mother Look' for.

A bit like eating a meal with no food, isn't it? :p

The worst I did was turning someone down after a year of interest on her part. A fairly minor matter all things considered, but that's putting the more serious sins out of the picture.

Im not religous, so I dont belive in sinning and all that stuff, but I have done some bad things and some "sins" acording to the local priest.

Sinns in the eyes of the priest

cursing in the church

sleeping in the church

cursing the state for forcing me to church

not beliving jesus was anything except a normal man

hitting a guy "crusading" against a moslem

beliving in equal rights for homo and hetero people including the right to marry

arguing with the priest about stuff like first humans, evolution, sinn, the "creation of earth and its inhabitants" etc

Bad things in my eyes

living in the rich part of the world and not giving enough money to the poor

and research to fight disease/climate change

traveling way too much

not saving a lot of power

anoying people just because I thought it was fun (not doing it any more)

helping other people cheat during tests, and leting people write of my homework.(I only help those working their ass off, and still have problems)

a few other things that I cant write here without becoming the target of the

"mother look"

Im not religous, so I dont belive in sinning and all that stuff, but I have done some bad things and some "sins" acording to the local priest.

Sinns in the eyes of the priest

cursing in the church

sleeping in the church

cursing the state for forcing me to church

not beliving jesus was anything except a normal man

hitting a guy "crusading" against a moslem

beliving in equal rights for homo and hetero people including the right to marry

arguing with the priest about stuff like first humans, evolution, sinn, the "creation of earth and its inhabitants" etc

Uh, which denomination, may I ask?

It's just that to me, some of those seem like odd things to class as 'sins'...Some I could understand that he might not like, but...seriously, sins?

No regrets here. I've done plenty of things, and i'm sure that some things that i have done would be considered sins by most people, but i don't feel like there's anything that i should feel sorry about. Everything that i've done, either good or bad, is done... and nothing's gonna change that. No need to dwell on the past.

I don't belive in Hell either. I belive that people who belive they're doing something wrong, and want to change their behaviour but don't, are the ones already in Hell. It's tearing them apart inside, and until they will forgive themselves and change (it can last longer than this lifetime) that's how long they "will be in Hell", so to speak. Not to mention that if they hurt some people in their life, those people will not be able to forgive them until they forgive themselves.

But enough of my crypticism. :D

Well I believe in god, I just don’t believe in religion. I have also sin and sin everyday. I’m not as good of a man as I should be and don’t strive as hard as I should to make myself better.

The main thing I feel really guilty about now is not going to see my dieing step-mother as often as I should of. She lived in Mississippi and it is over an 8 hour drive. During football season I only went once. I spent my weekends in Austin watching the Longhorns instead of visiting a dieing woman. When my father was sick and dieing I went every other weekend for 8 months and even miss 4 games that season, now 5 years later I went once and didn’t miss a game. I can’t change it, but I will not be so selfish again.

Is that a sin, well to me it is and that all that matters.

The only sin I am guilty of is lying.

How do we know that you have no other sins? You already admitted you’re a liar.

I think most of us are guilty of that one at one time or another. Sometimes lying is better than the truth. I got asked what I thought of dinner a couple of hours ago. If I hadn’t lied I’d be sleeping on the floor tonight.

;P

I do dishes and (make poor attempts to) clean the house, buy the groceries, and yes, I've even grown a garden (nothing like fresh tomatoes and raspberries picked when they're just perfect).

He does the laundry, and yes, he's cooked a number of romantic dinners because he's a very cool guy, even with his one sin. :D

The MASH pic in your sig is fun. I've seen that episode a few times. :)

@Darthinsidious

I don't know if he would clasify all the stuff as "sins," however considering the fact that he wanted my teacher to throw me out of school permanently for cursing inside the church (he had just talked about the drawings of Mohamed, and how they where overreacting, and I just wanted to see if he would react "rationally") I think he would classify almost anything I do as being against "Da book."

ps. In the priests defence, I cursed loud enough for most of the school to hear.

he's a very cool guy, even with his one sin.
I err.. have noooo idea. :)

The MASH pic in your sig is fun. I've seen that episode a few times. :)
Another sin of mine: I hated it when my friend used to interrupt our gaming sessions for MASH back inne days. I hated it maybe 4 times. Until that very episode. And until now I've seen them all like 6 or 7 times. Except for this episode. Substitute "few" with "almost twenty" in the above quote.

Wow. How much does this explain, huh?

:D

@Darthinsidious

I don't know if he would clasify all the stuff as "sins," however considering the fact that he wanted my teacher to throw me out of school permanently for cursing inside the church (he had just talked about the drawings of Mohamed, and how they where overreacting, and I just wanted to see if he would react "rationally") I think he would classify almost anything I do as being against "Da book."

ps. In the priests defence, I cursed loud enough for most of the school to hear.

I can see why he'd be pretty damn annoyed at you for that...

Still, from what you've said his comment on the drawings was perhaps throwing himself open to it...

Just to watch him die?
Only relevant if he did it in Reno...

Then you have no morals. :xp:
I hope that you truly were joking as that smiley would indicate, because to relate lack of morals to lack of theological belief in some kind of "sin" is foolish. I no more believe in sin than I believe in monsters in my closet, but I do try and live my life by a very strong moral code.

Archived