Home

Crash to desktop when logging into Gamespy

lordloc

Alright, I have been l playing Battlefront II on the Xbox 360 for a couple of weeks with the Xbox version of the game. I liked it, and I see there are a good 2 or 300 people at any given time playing the PC version, so I bought it at Gamestop the other day for 10 bucks.

I install fine, I can load it fine, I can even play single player fine. But whenever I try to log into gamespy (the Logging in screen, with the cancel button) the game instantly crashes to desktop. Now I've done everything I can think of to make the game work, I've reinstalled, tried different drivers, I've run with and without a nocd (I know you guys hate that but I had to try it) and I've hidden my virtual drives and I've run it in Win 2000 compatability mode. I can't think of anything else, and I'm about to give up.

I really enjoyed playing BFII on the 360, and I'd like to play it on the PC. So if anyone has any other suggestions short of formatting my PC I'd certainly appreciate it. :smash:

Well, I fixed it heh.

I just so happened to try something "unusual" I guess. I've been using the English (US version) patch, so instead this time I used the international version (cd version) and it worked. Now unless Gamestop sold me a UK/European copy of the game, I have no idea why that helped :|

But, I'm playing yay!

Archived