Home

Star Wars Battlefront III News

MachineCult

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see how the controller configuration could work for Wii. COD was bad IMO, and BF is much more fast paced and intense to be faffing around pointing an lump of plastic at a unaligned screen.

No kidding, console controllers are just bunk when it comes to FPS games.

I heard that Battlefield 3 will be on console. What a shame... nothing comes close to the nimbleness, accuracy and speed of a mouse.

Some people just can't get a handle on it.

No kidding, console controllers are just bunk when it comes to FPS games.

I heard that Battlefield 3 will be on console. What a shame... nothing comes close to the nimbleness, accuracy and speed of a mouse.

WOOOOOO!!!!

ENOUGH SAID!!

Well, personally, FPSs on the Wii, are amazing. I thought Call of Duty 3 was great on the Wii. The controls were straight forward, and once you get used to it, it's really fun to use. I think Battlefront would work for the Wii.

No kidding, console controllers are just bunk when it comes to FPS games. I heard that Battlefield 3 will be on console. What a shame... nothing comes close to the nimbleness, accuracy and speed of a mouse.

Again, I disagree. FPSs work just fine on consoles. I think they are just as good, if not better than PC. More and more people are buying controllers for their computers to play FPSs. Maybe it is you, that can't handle to idea that FPSs are just as good on console as they are on the PC.

Yup. Aiming. Such a drag not to be able to aim. And such a drag to have to aim by timing. With a tiny button-stick.

Now, Wii is something else. Almost as good as, if not good as, a mouse... depending on how much you use the computer for school lol.

Yup. Aiming. Such a drag not to be able to aim. And such a drag to have to aim by timing. With a tiny button-stick.

Not necessarily. Aiming is just as easy with an analog stick as it is with a mouse. Really, it feels more comfortable being able to have all you controls in your hands. Rather than having your hands spread out over a keyboard and a mouse. So, really, I don't really see it as much of a factor when it comes to using a mouse or a controller.

And just so you know, I have played FPSs on both PC and consoles. Personally, it's a non-factor.

Well, personally, FPSs on the Wii, are amazing.

I haven't invested in a Wii nor have I played one so I guess...to be fair... the jury is out on this one with me. It also has a revolutionary paddle....different from it's cousins.

Again, I disagree. FPSs work just fine on consoles.

They actually work better for everyone! No installs, updates and simply TRYING (desperately) to get the game to work. This is the biggest reason why we're seeing this shift. It isn't because the paddle is in any way superior to a mouse & keyboard, far from it IMO.

More and more people are buying controllers for their computers to play FPSs. Maybe it is you, that can't handle to idea that FPSs are just as good on console as they are on the PC.

Yes I can't handle a game controller that is clearly inferior to what I'm used to, a mouse and keyboard. ;)

It's annoying. On another note I love the paddle when it comes to Soul Caliber III.

Sure you can play Halo now with a mouse/keyboard...simply because they mapped/dumbed down the movements so paddlers would have a chance. It also comes down to game design...and the game was designed for a paddle. I remember the first Halo (the only one I played) had a rudimentary aimbot to assist in aiming. Coming from Halflife based games I just couldn't get over that.

Hopefully they'll wise up and release SWBF3 on PC, I think we can all agree on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It'll come out for all three consoles, and PC in the end. I'd be interested to play this on the Wii with the Zapper. IMO, Wii will become the most popular console for FPSs after the Zapper is released. In terms of people who prefer gameplay to graphics...although graphics may be better on future Wii games.

Archived