Home

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Multiplayer Questions

Yuuzhan Vong

Recently, I have acquired JK: JA through Ebay, and I have a few questions. Currently, I cant really play cause Im on 56k, meaning It would be really laggy on my computer, so could anyone please answer these questions?

1. Is there a good amount of servers that you can play, you know, is there an online community in Jedi Academy? Therefore, how many people are playing Jedi Academy?

2. Are there any patches I need to download for Jedi Academy?

3. Is siege any good, cause from what I've seen, it looks very promising

I haven't played in a long time, but I still remember a few things. And actually, you should be able to play with 56k. That's what I have and it rarely ever lagged.

1. Yea, there are a lot of servers and people that still play. It's still got a fairly large community for a game of it's age too.

2. There is a patch, but I never got it nor did I ever want it. It's easy enough to live without.

3. I'm not a huge fan of Siege, but it's pretty cool. I'm more of a straight out FFA kinda guy. :)

1. Is there a good amount of servers that you can play, you know, is there an online community in Jedi Academy? Therefore, how many people are playing Jedi Academy?
It depends what you mean by "playing". And I mean that in all seriousness.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be wrong about this but I find that lag (when there is any) seems to depend on the server you are playing on more than your computer specs.

There are tons of servers up at any one time (not including empty ones) and there are probably ~200+ people online at any one time. (Just an estimate, I haven't actually counted.)

There is the 1.01 patch, but when I downloaded it, my computer said I already had it. Maybe because I just got the game it came with the patch already in, I dunno.

Siege is great. I love the class feature, it makes players have different roles on a team instead of half of them being Grip spammers.

It depends what you mean by "playing". And I mean that in all seriousness.

This is the excellent point I was going to make. :nod:

There are tons of servers up at any one time (not including empty ones) and there are probably ~200+ people online at any one time. (Just an estimate, I haven't actually counted.)

I found 800 'playing' on the all seeing eye just there, and this isn't quite peak time (many Americans just coming out of school/aren't back from work). :thumbsup:

Archived