Home

Petition for an Expansion

Rockstar

Would you like to see an expansion for KOTOR 2 to expand the game and further content  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an expansion for KOTOR 2 to expand the game and further content

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Hey everyone,

Like most of you I love Star Wars and the way of the Jedi and I know I speak of similar mind of many members when I say that when I read the back of this game in stores and purchased it that I did not get what I expected. I played all 3 jedi knight games and thought they were brilliant but with this game i felt as if i played half a game that was released for the sake of it.

Things i enjoyed about this game were:

+ brilliant menus, interface and leveling up system

+ brilliant NPC characters

+ brilliant dialogue (the best i think i've ever seen in a game)

+ great difference between light and dark games, and the choices you must make

The biggest flaw I felt that most people thought hurt the game was that the vast portion of the game is spent on finding Jedi Masters, which while entertaining and a great build up of the plot, is not very suiting to the title of 'The Sith Lords' when all we find is that afterwards the game is wrapped up in a quick assault on Telos and then a final battle on Malacore.

I had no problem with any of the scenes in the game but we needed more. I mean the game needed to be another 25%, and i mean 25%! larger than what it was. We didn't even get critical explanations and some GREAT subplots that were meant to be included (i'll list those in a minute for those who don't know)

I would pay the extra for an add on which included:

- 2 or 3 more planets where the Sith actually stalk you for a build up

- vastly increased Sith Lord HP for longer boss battles

- a couple of new force powers and new items

- new graphical options

Here is a list of the KNOWN cut footage from the game

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cut_ending_to_Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II:_The_Sith_Lords

This included many things such as improved explanations, more dialogue, a duel with atton and sion and more indepth romances.

I was really unsatisfied as a loyal lucas arts customer at this game :(

Well, The Sith Lords Restoration Project is quite this kind of add-on, isn't it ? And for stronger bosses and new Force powers, you have the mods (unless you have the X-box version...).

Now, I really don't think this petition wouldn't change anything. Think about the number of e-mails LA and Obsidian already received.

I would love an expansion, but I think that's pretty much what the TSLRP mod is. All I really care about is having the cut content restored.

I'd love an expansion pack.

Not gonna happen, though.

Yea, I doubt an actual expansion pack that you would go to the store and buy will ever be made, but as I said, the TSLRP mod will be coming out eventually, so that's good enough for me.

QUOTE FROM STARWARS WIKIPEDIA

"the online petitions which have sprung up, but none have reached more than 10,400 unverified signatures.

In a gesture to the fans Obsidian Entertainment provided the PC version of the game with many resources meant to be used for the original ending, such as screen plays, voice-acting, etc. Pressure from LucasArts to release the game in time for the Christmas season forced Obsidian to abbreviate the ending. Obsidian Entertainment also petitioned to LucasArts themselves for a Content Patch which, assumingly, restore the content though LucasArts denied the request. "

Lucas Arts with all their money didn't release a patch that their makers offered to create...

The Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org/

No, it isn't Obsidian, but it looks like a good group of people working on it. I can't wait for it.

As for an expansion pack, it looks impractical at this point. It's just too late to develope one. People want KOTOR 3, and if anything, it looks like that may just be Obsidian's next unannouced project (I was going to say it could be anything, but the star destroyer posted on the Obsidian boards looks like that direction).

Other than that WTF nature of bringing the Jedi Masters to Dantooine in KOTOR 2, only for me to be killed? Oh, wait? I'm still alive? What? Oh, yeah, still alive. Cool. Then again, it was kind of a mindflip I didn't expect and I'm thinking Kreia is looking just crazy enough that it makes perfect sense. I can't really say which game I like better, as I like both KOTOR games for different reasons.

Would I like an official Expansion for KOTOR 2? Yes, would love one. Will I get an official expansion? The 8-ball says, probably not.

We don't need an expansion pack. We have the Restoration Project. It'll be done in probably about two to three months, judging by their current progress. It would take LA much longer than that to even decide whether or not to do it.

Just leave everything to Team Gizka. Hold out a little longer, and they'll be done.

I would agree that it's a little late in the game to be releasing an official expansion pack. Be nice of them to reverse the content patch decision, though. Nevertheless, modding allows for fair degree of augmentation of the game (TSL). While I agree with ED that game is pretty much intact, it is also anemic. I also expected something different from reading the box than what I ended up getting (not a complaint, just an observation).

I'd rather Obsidian make a sequel than an expansion pack, myself. TSL is complete, restoration projects or no. :)

Ditto!

My big worry is actually for the poor memebers of Team Gizka, it seems that they are being touted as the be-all-end-all-fix-all mod for TSL and when people actually get the mod they are going to be let down because all the 'hype' stated by people about it.

Maybe a content expansion, but not a storyline expansion. Last thing we need is more people arguing over what is 'canon'. More weapons, feats, armours, and maybe a planet or 2 would be neat. Killing off people wouldn't do too good.

Sorry PC people, the restoration project isn't enough for those of us that use consoles.

I'd love to see the expansion, downloadable through xbox live, or even as a bonus feature on KOTORIII if made by Obsidian. Won't ever happen obviously, but it's nice to dream.

Hey there Devon! Still making your point about completedness I see? I agree with you nowadays; what with the restoration project almost finished, I wouldn't pay for an expansion pack on a game that can be made complete by downloading a *free* expansion made by people that get the job done well enough to check for errors first. I'm not digging at Obsidian because I realise why this is and why the ending is kind of half arsed and I know its not thier fault, but still, the TSLRP will be better than an official expansion ever could have been.

This topic is, in my opinion, a waste of time because while an expansion would have been a nice idea two years ago, since the modding started we have been slowly restoring the cut content and I wouldn't like to be tiptoeing around some more half arsed content. Also as discussed above LA said no. Money would be better spent on K3.

Hey there Devon! Still making your point about completedness I see?

Hello there!

I am. My point will be further proven once the RP is released. ;)

I agree with you nowadays; what with the restoration project almost finished, I wouldn't pay for an expansion pack on a game that can be made complete by downloading a *free* expansion made by people that get the job done well enough to check for errors first.

Depends what would be included. I'd pay a few dollars, maybe 20 at most for an expansion pack which has extra areas/convos. But that's only because the plot would remain the same.

Not to insult Team Gizka's efforts, though. I'll download their mod like everyone else.

I'm not digging at Obsidian because I realise why this is and why the ending is kind of half arsed and I know its not thier fault, but still, the TSLRP will be better than an official expansion ever could have been.

Depends on how you look at it. The ending is actually quite finished, it only doesn't have as much flash and glamor as KotOR's did. Not that I mind when it's compared to TSL's superior plot, though. :)

Superior plot?

In what way is it superior?

Define 'superior'.

There's a distinct lack of side-quests,interesting asides, backstories, characters appearing from the past of the NPC's, problems which require lateral thinking, or, in point of fact, much, except wandering around fairly aimlessly until someone says 'Hey! You're a Jedi!", at which point you meet a Jedi, they get pissed off with you, and you leave.

Then you go to Malachor V, which frankly, aside from the modelling and the occasional VOs and what, one cutscene (?), could be a mod. And a not very brilliant mod, either.

It's also pretentious, over-complicated, full of its own brilliance and not terribly well put together - for example, its fairly obvious as to Kreia's...leanings from 101PER onwards.

The plot fits together after a fashion, yes, but its still not that great a plot, and the final, ultimate problem is that its just not as fun. Its bland.

There's a distinct lack of side-quests,interesting asides, backstories, characters appearing from the past of the NPC's, problems which require lateral thinking, or, in point of fact, much, except wandering around fairly aimlessly until someone says 'Hey! You're a Jedi!", at which point you meet a Jedi, they get pissed off with you, and you leave.

Then you go to Malachor V, which frankly, aside from the modelling and the occasional VOs and what, one cutscene (?), could be a mod. And a not very brilliant mod, either.

It's also pretentious, over-complicated, full of its own brilliance and not terribly well put together - for example, its fairly obvious as to Kreia's...leanings from 101PER onwards.

The plot fits together after a fashion, yes, but its still not that great a plot, and the final, ultimate problem is that its just not as fun. Its bland.

Agreed. For me, the plot began okay, but after some time, it lost itself and many questions were left unawnsered. I know it wasnt complete, but the plot dont really provide many logical explanations to fill the cues.

There's a distinct lack of side-quests

There are actually more side-quests to do in TSL. Anyway who cares? Side-quests have nothing to do with the plot.

interesting asides, backstories,

Bulldust. Apart from the Disciple, TSL party members back stories were as interesting as what they were in KotOR.

characters appearing from the past of the NPC's,

So what? They weren’t needed.

problems which require lateral thinking, or, in point of fact, much, except wandering around fairly aimlessly until someone says 'Hey! You're a Jedi!", at which point you meet a Jedi, they get pissed off with you, and you leave.

Umm…WTF?

Whatever. Unfortunately ambiguous plots and characters aren’t that popular. While ambiguity can be a bad thing, TSL is done in a good ambiguous way, apart from what, the cut content? Looking at the plot as originally intended by Avellone, not from what we got, TSL is awesome. It's awesome regardless actually.

This is why TSL isn’t as popular as KotOR, because for a change, we got a Star Wars story that wasn’t so watered down for the kids to follow and black and white. It was a refreshing change.

KotOR doesn’t exactly have a great plot either. All it basically is is:

-You’re forced to train as a Jedi and look for the Star Maps.

-You are given countless clues to an IMO rather feeble plot twist.

-You stop the bad guy with the super weapon (sound familiar)?

And that was what I disliked about KotOR. It felt too much like a rip off of the OT. Bah, this isn't the right topic to discuss which game is better. In the end, we all have our own opinions.

Archived