Home

NPC dialogue ( mild Spoilers? )

IHNIWTR

Hello there. I recently reinstalled KOTOR after being washed by a wave of nostalgia. At first everything seemed fine until i realized I was missing some of the dialogue between my team members ( for instance the bit between Carth and Bastila on Dantooine about her losing her lightsaber ). I have no idea why this is, or what I need to do to make it the dialogue reappear. Is it a bug? A random event? A specific location? Something else maybe?

Oh, and this is sort of an addendum, but is there any dialogue between HK and T3? I never heard them talk to one another even during my first playthrough.

Thanks in advance.

NPC dialogue appears in certain places like upper city on taris, I usually get the scene you mention there.

There are not many places where T3 and HK talk to one and another, the first that I know of is when you buy HK and have T3 in your party and when you ask one of the questions T3 chimes in. There is another at the sith academy though I am not sure how to get it.

Well, I finally got that scene as well, only I got it on Dantooine, just as I was about to finish the main quest on the planet. I'm kind of worried, I don't like the fact that I may miss on some of the dialogue 'gems' this game has to offer.

The only NPC dialogues that I have seen are:

1 between Mission & Bastila (the using force for fun one)

2 between Carth & Mission

2 between Carth & Bastila (the lightsaber one & asking whether she wanted to fight in the madaloren wars)

The bastila & Canderous one mentioned above

1 between Carth & Canderous

1 between Bastila & Jolee

1 between Carth & Jolee

1 or 2 between Mission & Zalbaar ( I can't quite remember I don't use this combo often)

I think they are the only scenes like that I have seen, though certain NPC will mention someting through out the game but thats mainly been on the sith world (can't remember how to spell it) where you meet the three sith in the main lobby.

If there are any more please feel free to mention as I may not have seen then all myself.

I think they are the only scenes like that I have seen, though certain NPC will mention someting through out the game but thats mainly been on the sith world (can't remember how to spell it) where you meet the three sith in the main lobby.

Other than the "let's stop and talk when walking in this location" scenes there are plenty of smaller exchanges between certain party members that take place during dialogs with other NPCs. Like Carth vs. Bastila when talking to the woman who lost her droid on Dantooine, Jolee vs HK47/Canderous on Korriban to mention two examples that spring to mind.

Many of those are quite easy to miss if you run around with Jedi-only parties all the time, since they often require a particular combination of active party members to trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

Hk and T3 have some hilarious dialogue when you first speak to Uthar in the Korriban Academy. I believe they also have some dialogue when you talk to the Czerka guy on that same planet but it's been a while and I don't quite remember.

Does anyone know of a list of all these random comments in KotOR?

If you have the PC version, I believe that those comments are in the banter.dlg file but I could be wrong (unfortunately I can't check it now). Your best bet is to use Findrefs ( http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php ) to find the right .dlg file, extract it and then use dlgedit to view the dialogue branches.

The "Banter points" I know:

Taris:

Upper City South just on the turn going towards Zelka's office

Upper City North Just on the first turn coming out the door towards the elevator

Lower City Apartments: About halfway around the circle from Matrik's apartment

UnderCity: On the southern hemi-circle, between the wall and the pillars.

Sewers 1: The room where you get Zaalbar's bowcaster, on the ramp opposite end of Zaalbar's cage. Kill the rackghouls first.

Sewers 2: The steep ramp heading towards the rancor's den.

Vulkar Base 1: Right between the computer terminal and the armory door.

Vulkar base 2: On the ramp that has two mines at the bottom.

Dantooine:

Sandral estate: About two steps north and about halfway across that first "bump" emerging from the crystal cave.

Matale Estate: In the big valley between the house and where you later find Cassus Sandral. It's not on the valley bottom, but along the sides.

Tatooine:

Right outside Yuka Laka's shop.

Dune Sea, about halfway to the sandcrawler.

Kashyyyk: Lower Shadowlands, near the entrance and not quite to the besieged Wookiee.

Manaan: West Central to East Central corridor.

Korriban - Sith Academy entrance on the bridge.

Valley of the Dark Lords right at the entrance of the valley itself.

Those comments are really great! That's one of those things where Kotor really developed atmosphere. It's a shame there was nothing of the sort in Kotor II.

Actually, there was more character interaction in TSL than there was in KotOR, the only difference is, the vast majority of character interaction between your party members in TSL took place on the Ebon Hawk.

Yes exactly. And always triggered when you enter the ship...

I prefered it in Kotor. I liked listening to the conversations when I'm going around with my team. Seemed more natural.

I prefer it in the Ebon Hawk. Much more easier to get. You see a cutscene, then you leave and reenter the Ebon Hawk to see another cutscene.

Archived