Home

So What Other Games Do You Play?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*snip*

Damn impressive list stoffe. Have you ever played any of the Gothic series?

Let's start with the ones I don't play. ;) -> Pretty much everything to do with sports.

Ditto I'll play anything from sims, tactical shooters, fps, rpg, rts, to adventure games.

*snip*

I'm glad to see another Panzer General fan.

Right now I am on a Black Isle - Bioware kick

NWN Diamond Edition

NWN2

Planescape:Torment

Baldur's Gate 1&2

Fallout 1&2

KotOR 1&2

Damn impressive list stoffe. Have you ever played any of the Gothic series?

No, I haven't played any of the Gothic games. I was considering to get Gothic 2 (I think) but after reading around a bit what people thought about it I was deterred and bought something else instead. The game got rather mixed opinions, and seemed to have an odd setting from what I read. I was about the get the demo to check it out myself, but never got around to it and then forgot about it. :)

I take it from your comment that the Gothic games would indeed be worth getting? :)

Okay lets see...

I play Halo, Halo 2, any SW games, Guildwars (inc. Factions and Nightfall), Battlefield 2142, Timesplitters (1,2,3), Dynasty Warriors 4, Mario Kart DS, Metroid DS, Lost Magic. (Those are pretty much my ongoing faves; there are more, but they are the main ones at the moment.)

No, I haven't played any of the Gothic games. I was considering to get Gothic 2 (I think) but after reading around a bit what people thought about it I was deterred and bought something else instead. The game got rather mixed opinions, and seemed to have an odd setting from what I read. I was about the get the demo to check it out myself, but never got around to it and then forgot about it. :)

I take it from your comment that the Gothic games would indeed be worth getting? :)

Yes. A bit of warning, the keyboard settings are a bit unusual. If you can find Gothic 1 get it. There are two different editions of Gothic 2. The first is the plain vanilla edition. The second is the the gold edition which includes the expansion pack Night of the Raven. The gold edition is tougher to play. So far as Gothic 3 is concerned I would wait. It does require newer computer and it is still some what buggy.

Try-it. But start with first Gothic and get Gothic 2 with Night of the Revan.

Now I play Gothic3 on a medium machine but at decent quality (low shadow, medium grass, high LOD, high textures). I love night effects and many times I use to get lost in woods :D

Aw, a lot.

FPS:

Republic Commando

Counter Strike: Source

Duke Nukem 3D

Battlefront II

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

F.E.A.R. Multi-Player Mode

RTS:

Warcraft III, and Frozen Throne.

Red Alert 2, and Yuri's Revenge

C&C: General and Zero Hour

Homeworld 2

RPG:

KOTOR and KOTOR 2

FPA:

Jedi Knight Jedi Academy

Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast

Racing:

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Need for Speed: Carbon

These are all I can think of at the moment.

Games i've played in the last 12 months (starting with the game i'm currently playing):

1. Splinter Cell: Double Agent

2. Dreamfall - The Longest Journey

3. Neverwinter Nights 2

4. Dark Messiah

5. SW - KOTOR

6. Vampire: Bloodlines

7. The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion

8. Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory

9. Splinter Cell

10. SW - KOTOR II

11. Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay

12. Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy)

13. Jedi Academy

That's all i can remember. :D

Current games I play:

Caesar IV (The UI isn't the best, it can be abit awkward at first and only a couple of the shortcut commands from Caesar III were carried over. Other than that I am enjoying the game.)

Galactic Civilizations II

Star Trek Legacy

Marvel- Ultimate Alliance (Only with my nephew)

LEGO Star Wars II (Only with my nephew)

SW:EaW:Forces of Corruption

Games I've played in the last year:

KotOR

Battkefield 2

Dark Messiah (Really fun FPS, though it has limited SP replay value)

NWN 2 (From what I read on the forums it sounded good, unfortunately I liked it slightly more than NWN, which I hated. I don't know what it is about those games but I just can't get into them, which is odd because I normally like those type of games)

Oblivion (Half way through and I have lost interest. I'll probably come back to it when the expansion comes out)

Caesar III(classic game, I replay it atleast once a year)

Civilization IV

Planescape:Torrment(another classic that I play every couple years)

The games I play *right now* are:

Marc Eckô's Getting Up - Contents Under Pressure

Fable - The Lost Chapters

Neverwinter Nights 2 (best rpg of 2006)

anxiously awaiting Jade Empire for PC for a real kung-fu rpg treat.

At some point in the future I might do what the other posters on this thread do and post my list of games that I've played the crap outta the last coupla years.

The list of every game I own would be way too long, so here's what I'm playing these days:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (finished the game)

Heroes of Might and Magic V Hammers of Fate (finished the game, sort of)

Desperados 2 Cooper's Revenge (finished the game, sort of)

Worms 4 Mayhem (playing occasionally)

Warhammer Mark of Chaos (not yet, but I'm getting it very soon)

Other games that I'd recommend (besides KoTOR and TSL):

Hitman Blood Money

Deus Ex Invisible War

Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War/ Winter Assault/ Dark Crusade

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

recently played games (games played in the past two weeks):

Quake 4 (single player only)

Halo (PC) (multiplayer)

Far Cry (completed single player campaign)

Kotor (just started up a new game)

games i'm most likely to play:

Halo Multiplayer

Kotor

Far Cry Multiplayer (maybe)

Il bet 20 quid you have not successfully had a multiplayer game yet. I love the game but i can't help but wonder if trained monkeys killed the devs half way through the production cycle.

I have not gone near multiplay yet and probaby won't, I've only played a few levels. I'm still trying to get used the the awkward controls. So far I'm not to impressed by the game, It seems incomplete, but again I have only played a few levels.

Legacy? Same here. Even though I love Star Trek (except this last one 'Enterprise'), especially Voyager, Legacy is simply too boring. It's a Bridge Commander with utterly bad controls, multiple ships and no bridge view. I've played the first four levels and though the story might be interesting, the levels were mostly of destroy-those-Romulan-ships/stations type. I was so bored that I deleted the game.

Archived