Home

So What Other Games Do You Play?

Getting near two years after it came out and I'm still logging insane amounts of time in Skyrim. I think I've played it just as much as I did KotOR by now - at last check I'd logged 2000+ hours. It consumes my spare time. (EDIT: Just double checked. I'm at 2101 hours).

I also just picked up the entire Elder Scrolls anthology, as well, which includes every game and official DLC all the way back to Arena. I fully intend to start playing them as well, but not until I've sucked all the entertainment I can out of Skyrim and it's modding community.

I also semi-recently picked up the Mass Effect trilogy. Been hoping to get around to these games for years now. Trouble is I definitely feel I'd have a much easier time of them with a controller, so I'm waiting until I can afford a wireless Logitech before I start the series in earnest.

2100 hours?! I don't think I've ever come close to 200 hours on a game!

Enjoy Mass Effect! Was my absolute favorite series up until the last 5 minutes of the last game. Still, it was one hell of a ride!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2100 hours?! I don't think I've ever come close to 200 hours on a game!

Enjoy Mass Effect! Was my absolute favorite series up until the last 5 minutes of the last game. Still, it was one hell of a ride!

I witnessed the fallout following Mass Effect 3's ending both at home (my roommate actually woke us up at 3am swearing about it) and online, so I'm mentally prepared for that. :xp: But I've taken it with a grain of salt, not only because of the "director's cut" version or whatever it's called, but because I've heard the same about the ending to Mass Effect 2 as well. Also I'm a KotOR fan; at least Mass Effect series got an ending. :p

I don't think I got past 10 hours on Skyrim.

Man are you missing out. Fantastic game. Rivals KotOR as my favourite.

If you add up all the time I've spent playing Pokémon games over my lifetime, that might get up near 2000 hours. Certainly is over 1000.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Pokemon franchise - GenWunner here - but I've only ever actually "completed" the game (read: challenged the Elite Four) once in my entire life. That is to say in one game, I mean - I think I beat the Elite Four in Pokemon Blue with like eight different teams. I think the franchise lost its shine for me when I started getting told I was playing them wrong for not EV training, chasing after specific natures and abilities, yada yada yada. It stopped being fun for me after that.

I recently found my DS again though, and SoulSilver is still in it. Never even got to Kanto in that one, so I've been considering plugging away at it again.

I witnessed the fallout following Mass Effect 3's ending both at home (my roommate actually woke us up at 3am swearing about it) and online, so I'm mentally prepared for that. :xp: But I've taken it with a grain of salt, not only because of the "director's cut" version or whatever it's called, but because I've heard the same about the ending to Mass Effect 2 as well. Also I'm a KotOR fan; at least Mass Effect series got an ending. :p

My personal favorite game in the ME series is the first. It just nails the atmospheric elements perfectly, oh so perfectly. I never even got annoyed by the Mako, like others seemed to.

The ending as the exception, I think ME3 is better than ME2.

Man are you missing out. Fantastic game. Rivals KotOR as my favourite.

Games that are too open-world always seem to struggle to hold my interest. I prefer more directed - though not linear - game experiences, like what BioWare normally provides.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Pokemon franchise - GenWunner here - but I've only ever actually "completed" the game (read: challenged the Elite Four) once in my entire life. That is to say in one game, I mean - I think I beat the Elite Four in Pokemon Blue with like eight different teams. I think the franchise lost its shine for me when I started getting told I was playing them wrong for not EV training, chasing after specific natures and abilities, yada yada yada. It stopped being fun for me after that.

I recently found my DS again though, and SoulSilver is still in it. Never even got to Kanto in that one, so I've been considering plugging away at it again.

Well, I haven't finished a Pokémon game since Gen IV, but I have no count of how many times I played through all the games from then and before. I played Blue, Yellow, Silver, Sapphire, Leaf Green and Pearl too much for me to know for certain. But on Blue, Silver, Sapphire and Pearl I almost certainly spent 250 hours on each, and that's not counting however many times I decided/had to start over on the earlier ones.

I looked through my Steam library and I think I've played AudioSurf more than I would have expected. 46 hours, so far.

I remember my first playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins took me around 96 hours. My first Mass Effect playthrough was around 40 hours, and my second was more like 28 hours. That's all I really remember off the top of my head.

I'm sure I've sunk a ridiculous amount of time into my main when I played WoW, but how much of that was active playing and not AFKing I can't say.

Other games...

I have a rotation of NES games, occasional game boy games from green-shade originals up through advance SP. Also have Nintendo DS.

It's been so long since I played other consoles.

In general I like megaman, castlevania, street fighter, KOF, DOA, Darkstalkers, Marvel VS Capcom, Mortal Kombat, dragon warrior/quest, metroid (though I don't have any of their gamecube or wii titles). and some slightly older mario games.

Star Wars jedi knight for old times sake.

At one point I did play GTA games like crazy, you can ask people here. Eventually got bored with them.

Tried to keep with Twisted Metal but never got a PS3 so I fell off that series after PS2.

Was into wrestling games, the smackdown series cuz of all the crazy detailed customizations you can make, also because it still is kind of a fighter game... and minorly cuz I was a wrestling fan. WAS being operative, not so much anymore.

That's all I can think of for now.

I just bought a new graphic card for my computer, the GTX 650 Ti with 2 GB. So naturally with this new upgrade, I've started to catch up on games that I couldn't play before. So since the graphic card upgrade, I've been playing The Witcher 2 The Enhanced Edition for the PC, Far Cry 3, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Directors Cut.

Archived