Home

M$ Windows XP SP3?

SithRevan

Has anybody here heard anything about Windows XP SP3? The reason that I am asking is because I want to know what new features it will have and when it is coming out. So if anybody has heard anything about this could ya give me a link to where you found out about it? Or at least give me a few details? Thanks.:)

It's not due out until the first half of 2008 from what I've heard. I also heard that it may support DX10.

What Rhett said. <link>

I'm not holding my breath on the DX10 support though. Also I find it highly annoying that MS will wait over 3 years to release another service pack for Windows XP with all the security updates and other patches they've released during that time frame. :disaprove

There is Windows update for that. Also has been announced long time ago there wouldn't be new features, but that could have changed by now. It's all speculation at this point.

Off-topic: what is with the M$? The dollar is not a substitute for the letter S. If you're disgruntled about their services and don't want to use their products because of money-related issues: no one is forcing you.

Thanks for all of the info everybody. I really am just excited to see what Microsoft has to offer in that update... when it comes out that is.

Off-topic: what is with the M$? The dollar is not a substitute for the letter S. If you're disgruntled about their services and don't want to use their products because of money-related issues: no one is forcing you.

M$ is just a funny way to abbreviate thier name. I mean no disrespect by it as I think what Microsoft has done in the short time that they have been around is completely amazing. If you look around on other forums about subjects like these you can find that lots of people (not trying to disrespect the company in anyway) use that abbreviation.

It's not due out until the first half of 2008 from what I've heard. I also heard that it may support DX10.

XP couldnt support DX10 if it wanted to !! DX10 is a vista exclusive not because MS are being pricks(wll partly perhaps :) ) but because the restrictive bottlenecks of XP have been addressed in Vista(although perhaps not removed :p )

Some very clever people with very good specs may think about working on a DX10 emulator that can operate within XP64, but it still wont be the same....and the amount of time theyd have to put into......whew!!

Besides, if you stick your DX10 compliant card in XP, it will behave like a DX9 card, they have different sets of drivers.

Your better off waiting til you get a new pc and it'll have vista bundled up in it, or wait and get a cheaper OEM vista in a few months time. Vista comes out in nine days and OEM prices for "Home Premium" are $160AUD. That not really much at all, considering the price of a directX10 compliant video card !!!

I have been testing SLI for Vista since Pre beta 2 amd am impressed with how far along the drivers from nvidia have come along.

My RTM media center build is purring along very nicely atm, with native TV tuner support, Im having a hard time not having anything to grumble at MS about ! :p

now all I need to do is perform a few robberies and get my hands on a GeForce 8800 :)

mtfbwya

now all I need to do is perform a few robberies and get my hands on a GeForce 8800

Maybe not. :) The prices of both the 8800GTX and 8800GTS have already fallen more than $100.00US since they were released and ATI's R600 has yet to come out. The competition will most likely drive the prices even lower. As it is, the price of the 8800GTX isn't much more than you paid for your 7950GX2.

Archived