Home

Create-a-character

Salzella

I bet you all have a character model you'd like to see at some point... reveal it here :)

I would prefer serious suggestions, but if silly is what you want, so be it.

i've been thinking about a Force-user above the Jedi or the Sith, more powerful than either, not bound by the codes of either. not inherently evil, but not supporting good. more powerful in the force than anyone/thing else, but does not abuse that power. rather, seeks greater knowledge... or something along those lines. the ultimate Grey Jedi, if you like. i think a character would have serious potential, plot-wise, not to mention being a nice change from the usual good vs. evil, though to be fair, the KOTOR series has gone a long, long way to addressing the balance.

I want to see an enemy that has nothing to do with the force. Not necesarilly an arch enemy, but somone that happens to interfere with your plans every once and a while. Think an Admiral Thrawn character, but in a third party position. Not your ally, but also doesn't want you to fail either, like a rival of sorts. Maybe one that doesn't think that the Jedi or Sith have the right idea, and believes that military dominance and outthinking your opponent is the way to finish off whatever "threat" you meet.

A quick question (or two)?

Do you mean a PC? NPC? Hero? Villian? Any of the aforementioned?

Depending on exactly what you are looking for, may influence what is actually reasonable...eg. I am sure that everyone would love a PC that is a uber character, able to force crush all opposition from level 1 (but it might not make for the best story)...

If you are talking about Villians - you should take a look at the Sith Boss Thread at the forums here, posters have come up with a lot of great ideas (can make for a good read)!

A quick question (or two)?

Do you mean a PC? NPC? Hero? Villian? Any of the aforementioned?

any of the above :)

Oh, and i have seen the Sith Boss thread (and posted in there i think), but this is just for more general stuff... could be as minor or as major as that person chooses.

I bet you all have a character model you'd like to see at some point... reveal it here :)

I would prefer serious suggestions, but if silly is what you want, so be it.

i've been thinking about a Force-user above the Jedi or the Sith, more powerful than either, not bound by the codes of either. not inherently evil, but not supporting good. more powerful in the force than anyone/thing else, but does not abuse that power. rather, seeks greater knowledge... or something along those lines. the ultimate Grey Jedi, if you like. i think a character would have serious potential, plot-wise, not to mention being a nice change from the usual good vs. evil, though to be fair, the KOTOR series has gone a long, long way to addressing the balance.

No offense, but this screams "munchkin" to me. Uber-powerful with none of the downsides. Doesn't that seem a bit like an uninteresting character?

Character model eh? I personally would like to see my Avalonians in the picture but as they are created by me and I don't work for Lucas, fat chance of that every happening. Still I can dream can't I? My personal favorite is Draconis who is cold and calculating but prefers brute force. He can block Force attacks but he doesn't use. A non force user if you will. Again this is an Avalonian so I am out of luck there.

I want to see an enemy that has nothing to do with the force. Not necesarilly an arch enemy, but somone that happens to interfere with your plans every once and a while. Think an Admiral Thrawn character, but in a third party position. Not your ally, but also doesn't want you to fail either, like a rival of sorts. Maybe one that doesn't think that the Jedi or Sith have the right idea, and believes that military dominance and outthinking your opponent is the way to finish off whatever "threat" you meet.

I like the idea of a man who is never set for or against your chracter. A strong willed and strategic military commander who doesn't wimp up to you like in previous games would be welcome.

I'd also like to give local authorities some brain and spine as I've mentioned before. For christs sake, if you're a murderer, they should at least be aware of that hehe. More questioning and suspiscion would be good.

In fact, to take it further, maybe a planet(s) that has very good law inforcement and takes you in for trial on arrival. Depending on your previous actions and powers of persuasion, you will either gain access to the city or dejected into the confines of the outcasted populas. Massive story variations depending on how you play.

Name: Bobby.

Revan and Carth are considered one of the greatest military generals in the history of Republic...But we never hear of the many "mediocre military generals", do we?

One of these generals is Bobby, a person who signed up to join the military because he loves the Republic, freedom and the Jedi. He also loves carrying huge guns and battling the enemy. He battled against the Mandalorians and later the Sith Empire in the Jedi Civil War. Bobby thinks of himself as a capable and smart military person, who's role is very important. He also got a fan club of supporters...

Bobby, however, is an idiot. It is because of Bobby that the Republic was actually losing against the Mandalorians and the Jedi Civil War. Bobby claims that his "ultimate tactics" of sending thousands of men in sucidice charges, and making false inflatable Star destroyers to make the "military look bigger, so big that the enemy, seeing the big military, will automatically surrender" would cause for the victory of the Republic.

However, Bobby is considered to be a fan, and have lots of people admiring him and his greatness. One coulc conclude that he is in fact compement, but DO NOT BE FOOLED. Bobby is an idiot general, who happens to have a ton of military strength. Bobby's smooth talk, quick chutzpah, and double-talk at turning every single defeat into a "total, complete, and utter victory that will signal the begining of the end of the enemy".

Well, the True Sith, one day, decided to approach Bobby after the end of the Jedi Civil War. Hey, you can't blame them, the True Sith only heard rumors and the good things of Bobby, and never actually knew the truth. Besides, they were despearte, what with the civil war that Revan caused in their ranks and all. Bobby hates Revan, for betraying the Republic and stealing credit for his victory during the Mandalorain Wars. One could say...he's a bit jealous of him, and the person serving under his command, the Exile:

"It is quite obivous that Malachor V was never the battle that destroyed the Mandalorians...Look at the Battle of [iNSERT TOTALLY UNKNOWN AND INCONSQUENTIAL PLANET] where I finally destroyed the Mandalorians once and for all! Revan is just an overrated indivudal who took credit for what I have done!"

So, Bobby decided to take up the job...and learn a lot of the Sith ideology. Then the True Sith also told Bobby to attack the Republic.

Bobby refused. He joined the Republic army to protect the Republic, he does not want to destroy the Republic! The Republic is a bastion of freedom, where some of his greatest fans work for (as senators)! Bobby would never stand to destroy the Republic and its great idea of freedom and prosperity.

But Bobby also like the idea of the Sith, and of the strong being able to contorl the weak. After all, Bobby is strong and mighty. He also sees that the Republic is "contaiminted" with taints of Revan-worshipism, and wants people to recognize that Bobby is the defender of the Republic...

So, Bobby cut off discussion with the True Sith. But he has an idea. He decides on creating a Sith Republic! Combing the best of the Republic and the best of the Sith, everyone will become strong and have an equal say in politics! You get total freedom coupled with total embracing of the Dark Side! Best of both worlds! What can go wrong?

This is Bobby we're talking about here.

So, now Bobby is planning on preparing to convert the Republic over to the Dark Side, and is also starting up a campagin to get himself elected to Suprerme Chancellor so that the Republic can fully embrace the Sith (of course, it would be the Sith of Bobby, not the Sith of that pretender, Revan!).

Remember what I said about Bobby being an idiot and totally incompement? Still true here. Much hilirarty ensures.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually for a higher replay value, I'd like to see as many variations available for a character as possible, without creating too much of a ridiculous story.

I'd like to be able to choose to play from a different starting point of view each time. Also, it might be more satisfying to to have separate sets of objectives for the character depending on alignment, background, personality etc.

Since it is Knights, I would expect to have characters with force ability.

...or at least the potential to develop if desired.

Everything else should be aquired by choice and experience. You shouldn't be restricted to mastering just one aspect of your character. Mulit-skill mastery should be available to achieve with correct storyline choices. However, an invincible, omnipotent character seems pointless.

A time traveller from the future with infinity gauntlet and... HACK... I mean, why edon't you just play as the gm.

zThats a 2D(if even that) character with nothing interesting on him, basically just a pure uber-munchkin hack-n-slasher.

How about a force-sensitive from a backwater world, who would be a bit of a fit-in problem with the Jedis... Though not a hothead, he would prefer to take action against problems(like most kotor chracters) than to spend 69868 years on teaparties and meditation sections before doing anything useful. Forget about ligthsabers, he would prefer to use guns and cortosis blades instead. Oh yeah, he does enjoy pulling-a-bindo more than once in a while. Oh wait, mind as well make him a Zeltron.

Is there any such things as 'grey' when it comes to the Force?

The two 'grey Jedi' I can think of - Jolee and Kreia- were both basically aligned to one side or the other.

IMO, there is no such thing. Sooner or later you have to choose your path. Being 'grey' is just evil by inaction, IMO.

And why would being 'grey' make one stronger? Surely the temptations of both sides would simply be all the stronger than if one had the strength of one's own code to help resist the other side? Even if that is not so, I still don't see how being 'grey' is necessarily stronger.

Finally, being grey it sounds incredibly dull to me.

And why would being 'grey' make one stronger? Surely the temptations of both sides would simply be all the stronger than if one had the strength of one's own code to help resist the other side? Even if that is not so, I still don't see how being 'grey' is necessarily stronger.

Well, if you are grey, you can use both LS and DS powers at equal cost. If you have Charisma, those costs can go lower. So, you can use Destroy Droid and Force Lighting at the same time, with a little extra FP. That's just using munchkinism, though. And to be quite fair, greyness may be overrated.

I want an anti-Muchkin. A shopkeeper who gets 'recruited' into the Jedi Order by Atton...'recrutied' in this case to be get beaten up by Atton's goons and taken to Corsaunt in a strecther. This shopkeeper fails numberous Force checks and spends most of his time selling and buying goods for a living. When he sees a True Sith, he herorically runs away and let the Jedi take care of them. Then, one day, Atton calls him and tells him, "Mr. Shopkeeper, I just learnt something...You have the ability to destroy True Sith because you are an Oogieal!"

Of course, the Shopkeeper doesn't know who an Oogiea is, but he's happy and because of that, he gains enough confidence to destroy the True Sith once and for all. When the Shopkeeper finally goes and talks to Atton, Atton reveals the truth. There is no such thing as an Oogiea. Atton lied to the Shopkeeper to make him feel confidence, and that confidence allows him to kill off the True Sith.

The Shopkeeper becomes depressed and he ends up being killed by a rock.

^^ well, the Selkath on Manaan in KOTOR I did that (to a limited degree) so the potential is there. i'm not sure i like the idea, however, of being constantly hounded by various authorities in my quest to save the galaxy.

Yeah well there's definately limits. Lying would still be an option and stuff. If the plot leads to you leading republic armardas etc. then at least make handing over the responsibility to DS you an unhappy decision on the general's part. Linear plot points like those in the previous games are things to be worked on I think. Upper class locations should be stricter anddisapproving if you're a bad person. The scummy locations everyone loves best should be disapproving if you're a good guy.

I mentioned this before. I'll remind everybody, let us not get too into looks and stuff, because that sort of takes away from the play value. However, I will humor this a bit.

I liked the customization ability for the SmackDown! series on PS2 (shut your mouth, here comes the pain, etc.) These had (for humanoid figures), *just about EVERYTHING* anyone could possibly want for appearance. Height, body shape and form, face, you name it (within reason of course). That's as far as looks goes without needing to be a programming guru--and really, a bit excessive (IMO) for an RPG. But weirder things are certainly possible. Something more than the previous 2, but it doesn't need to be like "Gee, are my nostrils too big?"

As an option, the ability to choose which is your primary hand and which is your off hand. It may sound petty, but think of it this way, how about if the KOTOR games were predominantly a Left primary-hand and right off-hand game? You right handers would feel...well, what I'm feeeling. A little... left out... I'd *LOVE* the idea of LEFT Handedness (and Ambidextrious hands), with all the appropriate animations and stats and variations for it.

You can imagine how peeved I was to see the patch in K1 took away the off hand bonus. Since that was the left.

Also I'd love a little bit more involvement in the swordsmanship (Again in moderation so it isn't too complicated).

I know it adds to the game, and I appreciate what it is to make additional animations and corresponding interactions and somesuch--and I give the people who dit it their due. You know what I mean, just one of those things to make the game a little more interesting. It is just one thing that I would like. That's all. Why does the rest of the world have such a problem with lefties having some kind of say-so? I don't see any laws, except by fundamentalist whackos who have all sorts of odd ideosychronous complexes.

Being that I'm in a real life sword club, and a lefty, I have learnt to do both defensive & offensive with my primary hand. If my opponent is a righty, then it get's really interesting.

Anyway, someone asked, and I answered.

I guess one last thing, able to customize the items you start with. Such that one must choose wisely.

Archived