Home

JRHockney's OJP Enhanced code changes

JRHockney*

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, when I compared my use of the new and old animations of Makashi, I actually prefered the old one (the stance where you point your saber infront of you). It's more simple yet graceful and agile at the same time. Although the new animation of Makashi reminded me alot of Count Dooku, it's really more suited for swordplay rather than actual fighting IMO since half of the swing animations don't even intend to hit your opponent.

I never really got the hang of the new Juyo anims since it had so much animation pauses that I just couldn't observe its performance properly.

And about the recent saber staff animations. I still think they're too fancy. Darth Maul doesn't even do half of those twirling most of the time. When you observe Maul fight Qui Gon and Obiwan, you'll notice that the two jedis do more than half of the fancy swordplay and not Maul. You'll barely see him do anything fancy except for the occasional twirl or two a few times. From what i've observed from watching that duel alot, Maul was mostly blocking and parrying their attacks instead of doing Katas. I think the same could be said about the fight between Anakin and Dooku when Anakin had two sabers in hand but that scene happened too briefly to make a proper observation of Anakin's technique.

nah. They're just suggestions on the animations. that's all. not that they're so terribly important or anything like that anyway.

But you guys said it yourselves that your saber system aims for movie realism so I was just sharing my ideas.

:)

nah. They're just suggestions on the animations. that's all. not that they're so terribly important or anything like that anyway.

But you guys said it yourselves that your saber system aims for movie realism so I was just sharing my ideas.

:)

The system does indeed.

It's okay, I'm just not willing to turn OJP into something it's not. If you want pure straight hXc movie realism there's always http://www.moviebattles.com . :king1:

lol. It's not like I'll only prefer one mod over the other. I look forward to all mods that interest me, even Knights Of The Force (been looking forward to a decent Movie Story-based Star Wars game experience for quite some time know. :D ).

lol. It's not like I'll only prefer one mod over the other. I look forward to all mods that interest me, even Knights Of The Force (been looking forward to a decent Movie Story-based Star Wars game experience for quite some time know. :D ).
not happening its a complete scam that and the demo gives you viruses i feel bad for all the poor fools who achully gave money to that guy

JRHockney,

Good work your customize for OJP :)

I want your mods source to build Linux dedicated server (jampgamei386.so).

And why do not merge your development to OJP SVN ? :D

I'm glad you like it :) I can send you the files I changed if you want. Just send me your email or something. It will be nice to see another server around here eventually too.

The reason I didnt commit my changes to the repository is that since Razor stilll technically leads the mod, the changes have to go through him and be reviewed by him code wise to make sure its good enough code (since I'm not a good coder by anymeans :p ). Even if I did get approval, I still couldn't commit it because I had to remove ensiform's crash.c crash protection/errorprint code and all its references just to get it to compile in the first place because an old tutorial on compiling jka code told me to get rid of my windows header files....its a long story, but I wasn't a good enough coder to find a way to keep it in. If you can find a way to get it back in in my code let me know if I send it to you. I think there is already alot of linux references in the code just ot let you know.

I'm glad you like it :) I can send you the files I changed if you want. Just send me your email or something. It will be nice to see another server around here eventually too.

The reason I didnt commit my changes to the repository is that since Razor stilll technically leads the mod, the changes have to go through him and be reviewed by him code wise to make sure its good enough code (since I'm not a good coder by anymeans :p ). Even if I did get approval, I still couldn't commit it because I had to remove ensiform's crash.c crash protection/errorprint code and all its references just to get it to compile in the first place because an old tutorial on compiling jka code told me to get rid of my windows header files....its a long story, but I wasn't a good enough coder to find a way to keep it in. If you can find a way to get it back in in my code let me know if I send it to you. I think there is already alot of linux references in the code just ot let you know.

Thanks Hockney :)

I sent private message to you.

I understood the reason. :)

Stability and balancing is important in this mod.

But you are one of the promising developers, I think.

I can't wait OJP developing restarted.

The thing I can do is just managing server, and reporting bug.

Thanks for your mail with source. :)

I compilied it successfully, but server is crashed very often without crash log.:(

The reason is that there is a problem in the handling of the memory perhaps.

Because similarly, I saw server crashing original environment in 0.0.9r-rev334(latest) with crash log.

I reported trac ticket to

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/ticket/218

And your customize might have deleted the debug message, so output has no crash log.

Thanks for your mail with source. :)

I compilied it successfully, but server is crashed very often without crash log.:(

The reason is that there is a problem in the handling of the memory perhaps.

Because similarly, I saw server crashing original environment in 0.0.9r-rev334(latest) with crash log.

I reported trac ticket to

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/ticket/218

And your customize might have deleted the debug message, so output has no crash log.

I didn't delete anything in those files I sent you. I commented out all the references to the crash.c file so look around for them. The only things I ignorantly deleted originally were the window header files and I didnt send you any of those. Just search "JRHockney" to find them if their in there. If you get it compiled with the crash.c code working, can you post a link for it? I and probably several other people would like to play on a more stable version of my own code :p

ok...uh....I can't seem to use the flamethrower...I keep pressing the "use" button but no flame ever comes out. Help?

I'm not sure if it's just me or it's because of the code changes so I posted them here.

EDIT:

Never mind. It was my fault afterall. Kinda jumbled up my bindings without me noticing lol.

Razor, happy new revision !!

I can build and try rev 335.

But crashed.

****Spawning Bot ^5Mad^5Lando^7*****

broadcast: print "^5Mad^5Lando^7 @@@PLENTER\n"

ClientBegin: 3

Item: 0 item_shield_sm_instant

Hitch warning: 749 msec frame time

Kill: 3 0 3: ^5Mad^5Lando killed ^4Lasting^3Virus by MOD_SABER

Kill: 0 1 3: ^4Lasting^3Virus killed ^1First^6Jack by MOD_SABER

Kill: 0 2 3: ^4Lasting^3Virus killed ^2Bad^6Falcon by MOD_SABER

Kill: 0 3 3: ^4Lasting^3Virus killed ^5Mad^5Lando by MOD_SABER