Home

JRHockney's OJP Enhanced code changes

JRHockney*

Well, I can think of many places where that comes from...

SV_AdjustAreaPortalState
SV_AddEntitiesVisibleFromPoint
SV_BuildClientSnapshot
SV_UnlinkEntity
SV_LinkEntity

Sounds like there is a bad entity being sent to the server engine...

Or somehow a player's clientnum is invalid in SV_BuildClientSnapshot...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't delete anything in those files I sent you. I commented out all the references to the crash.c file so look around for them. The only things I ignorantly deleted originally were the window header files and I didnt send you any of those. Just search "JRHockney" to find them if their in there. If you get it compiled with the crash.c code working, can you post a link for it? I and probably several other people would like to play on a more stable version of my own code :p

Okay, Hockney.

I changed your disabled debug code to enabled in your source.

Those comment out are in g_local.h, g_main.c. (It should not disable, I think :))

And I could see crash log...

-8<------- Crash Information ------->8-

Please forward to the OJP team.

---------------------------------------

Version: OJP Enhanced v0.0.9JRHockney's code Linux

Build Date: Mar 19 2007Build Time: 11:02:02Map: mp/ffa1

Signal: Segmentation fault (11)

Siginfo: 0xbfffdb30

Code: 1

Faulting Memory Ref/Instruction: 0x44e2f527

Maybe it is same error with original rev334 (My ticket #218).

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/ticket/218

What about the backtrace, that is what we care about...

Also: Wrap the crash info here in code tags so it is not all going everywhere.

Do the same at the trac to so that it formats correctly, you will have to look at wikiformat for the correct tags though.

I may have just missed this somewhere but may I ask what are the effects of the Dual and Staff saber styles? Their DP damage and their unique effects?

Staff has no extra back hit damage and duel has no extra FP cost for power swinging. Their DP damages are lower than most saber styles, but their harder to see in there swings as to where to parry them. Duel occasionally seems to double hit at certain angles as well if I remember right.

Okay, Hockney.

I changed your disabled debug code to enabled in your source.

Those comment out are in g_local.h, g_main.c. (It should not disable, I think )

Thanks for working on that, mantis. Let us know if you get a fully functional version with the crash.c code working in it.

What does "a multiplier for reducing parry damage by 25% to yourself up to 3 times." mean?

What's 'Parry Damage'?

If you parry 3 times in a row, the damage you get will be lowered by 25%

Parry damage is the damage you receive when you parry an attack (which is lower than a regular block).

oh....so that's what it is.....thanks.

BTW. How about setting the Mishap damage of Makashi attacks to atleast half of the Mishap damage you get when you are parried?

This isn't really much of a suggestion but I just thought you guys should know anyway:

IMO, the blade sticks out too far when using Makashi's stance so it's easy to get hit even you're at a far distance from your opponent. The stance also makes it abit awkward to properly deliver parries when compared to other styles. I've also noticed that when using Soresu's stance, the increase in accuracy of parry-blocks is quite noticeable. Since both Soresu and Makashi are styles that are very dependent on good Parry-blocking, I suggest that the stance of Makashi should be changed to something closely based on Soresu's stance.

It should probably be something like this since Makashi is based on fencing:

656px-Fencing_saber_valid_surfaces.jpg

BTW. How about setting the Mishap damage of Makashi attacks to atleast half of the Mishap damage you get when you are parried?

Right now, I think it's just set to be 1 MP which means that your opponent would max out their MP in 15 hits.

The parrying system works the same for all stances. The only difference is probably going to be where your saber is more likely to collide with the attacker's saber if you're both swinging your sabers.

Right now, I think it's just set to be 1 MP which means that your opponent would max out their MP in 15 hits.

I had a few runs with Count Dooku (AKA Makashi Freak) and see its effect by letting myself get hit a few times. I guess an increase by another point should be adequate enough for the style to have abit more noticeable effect.

The parrying system works the same for all stances. The only difference is probably going to be where your saber is more likely to collide with the attacker's saber if you're both swinging your sabers.

Actually, I'm more afraid of getting hit constantly when I'm NOT swinging my saber while using Makashi.

Anyway, I'll settle with using a cool technique(or exploit if wanna call it that) I found for the time being. It increases your probability of a succesful parry from roughly 25% to 75%. I mostly play against TAB bots though so I don't know if this'll work with humans as well and since TAB bots are such AF whores, I also don't know if this gimmick will also work with normal swings.

I've also found the joys of using sentry droids LOL. Too bad about the Blaster Deflect Crash Bug though.

BTW. How come TAB bots never choose anything else other than sabers and melee?

I'm also curious. Were the Anakin, Obiwan, and Dooku models included with the OJP mod? I'm just wondering since Obiwan loves using Soresu, Anakin with Djem So, and Dooku with Makashi.

Actually if its based on my code, its 2 MP. 1 wasnt enough to make any difference since parrying reduces it by 3. I thought about making it do 3 as well, but that would mean a parry for every hit woul dbe needed on top of what ever you got parried for.

And I still miss my faster fp gain for Juyo :( it added strategy (and transparency) to FP control and I had alot of fun using a cart wheel and Ariel based yoda aturu style with it... even though it usually got me killed LOL

Heck, it would be nice just to get these different characteristics on the skill menu to be bought for different styles. It might be another fun exercise for the talents of DarthDie.

um.....actually, even with 2 MP, hacking away at your opponent will most probably kill him first before you could ever manage to disarm him and that's from a style with only 2 DP damage more than soresu.

And I still miss my faster fp gain for Juyo it added strategy (and transparency) to FP control and I had alot of fun using a cart wheel and Ariel based yoda aturu style with it... even though it usually got me killed LOL

Juyo doesn't have fast FP gain anymore? LOL no wonder I couldn't find any difference in the FP regen. Why'd you remove it?

Heck, it would be nice just to get these different characteristics on the skill menu to be bought for different styles. It might be another fun exercise for the talents of DarthDie.

hehe. Better yet, let's think KOTORII LOL. buuuut...I guess that thing's too RPGish to be applicable to JKA.

Right now, I'm just dying to see that Blaster Deflect Crash bug fixed.

Juyo doesn't have fast FP gain anymore? LOL no wonder I couldn't find any difference in the FP regen. Why'd you remove it?

I don't think it's realistic. A particular style isn't going to make you recover from fatigue any faster than normal. If you're trying to simulate a less fatiguing style, it should be with reductions to the FP cost of the moves instead. IMO.

Right now, I'm just dying to see that Blaster Deflect Crash bug fixed.

Its fixed in the new beta as far as I can tell. I havent had any problems. The new beta as all my changes except for: The DP drain for running gunners (yes the most loved one :( ), Juyo fp regen, and the 75% DP requirement for force power (to help non absorb gunners). There are probably a few more things, and bug fixes but thats all I can remember from my code.

Its fixed in the new beta as far as I can tell. I havent had any problems. The new beta as all my changes except for: The DP drain for running gunners (yes the most loved one :( ), Juyo fp regen, and the 75% DP requirement for force power (to help non absorb gunners). There are probably a few more things, and bug fixes but thats all I can remember from my code.

I was thinking about giving Juyo a perk that is more akin to it's volatile and random nature, more FP regen sounds and feels more like a Djem-So thing, I think.

Maybe give Juyo a 20% chance to do double MISHAP* damage if (thus) and (thus) perequisites are met?

Edit: cough, ahem

Jon and I were fighting a lot yesterday and we kept on running out of FP the first run around before we gambled on whether the other person was out of FP the second time around. He suggested that a way to solve this problem may be to give back 2 FP or so for a successful parry; this would simulate someone recovering their strength by being on passive defense instead of swinging and using up one's strength. That way duels between people with high DP won't be as frustrating.

About saber style perks...

I like Soresu, Shii-cho and Makashi as they are now, although I agree that increasing the MP damage on Makashi would make it stand out more. As it is, using Makashi can really drain your FP, which is not so good for a style only slightly stronger than Soresu. To make it shine that MP damage needs to be more apparent.

Djem-So's perk of draining DP should be given over to Juyo. Djem-So already deals the highest DP damage of 17, and giving it an extra 10% would mean that an attack fake-spamming duelist can really give out some hurting. Draining DP seems more of a characteristic of the unpredictable Juyo style anyway.

Because Djem-So is more of a brute strength style, it should be pretty tiring to defend against. To simulate this, the perk for Djem-So should be to cause minor FP damage via unparried swing or successful attack fake. Now if parrying helps you regain some FP, then that would be the strategy to counter against this perk.

Sounds okay I guess, but I don't necessarily agree on the new Djem-So/Juyo perks. Juyo should have something very passive and random that creeps up on you whenever you lose your concentration for just a split second, Djem-So should be sheer strength and endurance made manifest. As I said, there's tiem for that, we'll see.

2 things that I want to bring into this conversation:

-Limiting people to certain styles

o: Because it's more realistic and fun if people can choose their own flavour, and only their own flavour.

-Making new graphic icons for the different styles and noting their pros and cons a la KOTOR2

o: Immersive, symbolic pride of your style, noob friendly

Opinions plox

I'd like to have the styles be individually selectable but it's going to be a bit technical to impliment. Especially if we want to count the dual/staff sabers as a different styles to purchase.

Make a bug ticket for this issue if it doesn't exist yet.

As it is, using Makashi can really drain your FP, which is not so good for a style only slightly stronger than Soresu.

i dunno about that since I've never once lost alot of FP when using Makashi.

Djem-So's perk of draining DP should be given over to Juyo. Djem-So already deals the highest DP damage of 17, and giving it an extra 10% would mean that an attack fake-spamming duelist can really give out some hurting. Draining DP seems more of a characteristic of the unpredictable Juyo style anyway.

Let's see:

Djem So = Strength

Juyo = Aggressiveness

If Juyo is any similar to Vaapad then I would have to agree on moving the +10% DP damage to it.

Also, in the EPIII novel, Dooku lost stamina while defending against Anakin's Djem So attacks so I have to agree on replacing Djem So's effect to FP dramage from an unparried Attack Fake.

-Limiting people to certain styles

o: Because it's more realistic and fun if people can choose their own flavour, and only their own flavour.

Make the limit into 2 styles since most Jedi are fluent at 2-3 styles. Make Shii Cho the default stance that all Jedi should have (being the most basic and all) and make the other two stances to be the once for the player to choose.

and to make the suggestion more in-depth:

Saber Offense Lv.1 = Player can use 1 style and that would only be Shii Cho (default Style)

Saber Offense Lv.2 = Player can use 2 styles. He/She can choose which style would be the 2nd one.

Saber Offense Lv.3 = Player can use 3 styles. He/She can choose which style would be the 3rd one.

To sum it all up, the player will be able to use Shii Cho at Lv1 then 2 more styles at Lv2 and Lv3 which he/she would be able to choose when he/she reaches Lv2 and Lv3.

And to make it MORE in-depth: (just something to spice things up)

Since there are Jedi who are 'Masters' of certain styles, this is my suggestion. When player reaches Lv3, he/she can choose to upgrade either Shii Cho or his/her Lv2 style. It's not gonna be something big. Just simple upgrades like:

+1 DP damage

+1 DP Defense (attacker gets -1 DP damage)(also works with normal blocks)

+1 FP regen

+1 Mishap damage (only when the attack isn't parried)

So if say a Makashi user upgrades the style with +1 Mishap damage, then that style will deal 3 Mishap damage to the opponent instead of 2. And if Soresu is upgraded with +1 DP defense, well let's just say that he/she will be harder to get killed.

-Making new graphic icons for the different styles and noting their pros and cons a la KOTOR2

o: Immersive, symbolic pride of your style, noob friendly

This one I agree.

Thanks for working on that, mantis. Let us know if you get a fully functional version with the crash.c code working in it.

Okay, Hockney.

First, I copied and overwrote your source to OJP-original source (the latest revision at that time was rev334 which includes g_crash.c).

And changed following your source (I changed nothing in g_crash.c),

"g_local.h"

///* Taken out by JRHockney because he couldn't get g_crash.c to complie

//[CrashLog]

// forty - stack traces - g_crash.c

void EnableCoreDumps(void);

void DisableCoreDumps(void);

void EnableStackTrace(void);

void DisableStackTrace(void);

//[/CrashLog]

"g_main.c"

//[CrashLog]

//EnableStackTrace(); Taken out by JRHockney because he couldn't get g_crash.c to complie

EnableStackTrace();

//[/CrashLog]

Finally, I compiled your source successfully without error. :)

But that dedicated server is crashed with segmentation fault error.

https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp/ticket/218

In addition, I cheked in latest SVN source rev370, but same crash error.

I can't wait bug fix, Razor.

Archived