Home

Very fast machine having serious issues

Korijn

Alright, so basically I have the same problems as everyone else yet the fixes won't do work for me. I've read a lot of threads so this isn't a 'use the search button'-case.

Problem:

Graphic-wise, Manny's textures are a bit distorted. This doesn't seem to be an anti-aliasing problem or resolution-related. I've tested multiple color-depths (16/32-bit) and resolutions (800x600 - 1280x1024), although they shouldn't really be of any use. Changing anti-aliasing settings doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Then there's the sound. When I play the game, as soon as I press pause or enter the menu, the sound stops. Manny's textures get stuck in the talk-animation, the subtitles stay and if Manny was for example reading a bit of paper he won't continue to do anything. The background music and voice sounds stopped as well. However, if I don't press the buttons I can play the game normally. I tried to change the DirectX sound acceleration, ranging from no-acceleration to full-acceleration.

Install:

- Full install from disc

- Patch

- Used launcher to make it playable from my HDD

System info:

Pentium 4 3.40 GHz (+HP)

1024 MB RAM

NVidia 7800 GT

Windows XP Pro (SP2, fully updated, not 64-bit)

All I haven't tried yet is CPU killer, though I doubt that'll do anything. :/ What do you think?

I would definately try CPU killer. For the graphics problems have you tried going into dxdiag and turning off all accelaration possibilities on the display tab?

Well, I just tried CPU Grabber and upon maxing it out to 99 the game works better. Yet it still gives me the stopping sound, though on less occasions. The graphic mess-ups are gone though.

Archived