Home

Psychonauts Explorer 1.3 Released

Benny

After a long hiatus I’ve updated Psychonauts Explorer. Besides a range of tweaks and fixes the main feature of this release is better image/texture support. Images can now be saved as DDS files, saving is quicker and those images that previously had ‘jaggies’ are now drawn correctly

New in version 1.3

• Added:
  • As requested, images can now be saved as DDS files
  • Added ‘Save all text’ function

Changed:
  • Icons have been replaced with 32 bit icons. These will look much better on XP and Vista, but may look worse on earlier versions of Windows. This release has only been tested with XP
  • Saving individual images is now quicker
  • Image resizing/resampling has been updated. It should now give better results

Fixes:
  • Fixed a small memory leak
  • Fixed a glitch with file extensions when saving files
  • Fixed errors when opening an empty archive (cabhmusic.isb)
  • Fixed ‘jaggies’ problem that affected some images

Some of the things that you can do with the latest version of Psychonauts Explorer:

• Open and dump files from all Psychonauts archives.
  • Display a preview of (dds) images.
  • Save images as JPEG, BMP, PNG or DDS.
  • Resize and apply a resampling filter to images.
  • Extract and save music and speech as wav and ogg files.
  • Work with the PC, XBox and PS2 versions of Psychonauts.
  • View the contents of many other Psychonauts files.

PsychonautsExplorerSmall.gif

Visit the site

Download here

View the readme/help here

I just want to say that it's kickass that you put this stuff out man. It's pretty generous of you. Thumbs up.

Also, I may just be stupid or whatever. But If I read part of that correctly I could use my x-box version of Psychonauts in my computer's CD drive and the progam would still be able to work with it no problem? If that's true you are even cooler and kick even more butt, because I would love to mess around with this stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

This thing is freakin' awesome. I have to say it's fun to use and is very useful...though I wonder...

Hey...this is a big jump though, but I was wondering if there were a program that could explore and save from any XBOX pkg files. Does such a think exist? Have you made one? I desperately need such a program...

• 3 years later...

Archived