Home

The terminator trilogy

grievous797

Terminator 3 should never have been made, why do you think James Cameron ended Terminator 2 the way he did? So that there would be no sequels as he had already told the story, thats why he refused to direct T3.

I loved T2's ending, I must of cried when I first saw it at around 9 years old. All that stuff about how the future is not set, and that there is no fate but what we make for ourselves. I loved it.

Enter Terminator 3 which just screws up the continuity of the whole thing, making everybody's efforts to stop this future from happening ultimately useless, because it goes and happens anyway.

Amen. Seriously it should not have been made. It was another movie of a tired franchise like star trek. My absolute favorite parts in those movies are the parts that show the resistance and the war of the machines. That is so freaking cool. But I never knew he refused to direct T3. Wow. Live and learn I guess.

I've seen all of them. Terminator wasn't too good. Judgement Day was great, by far the best. Rise of the Machines was not bad, but not great. I cried at the end the first time I saw T2. What actually happened was pretty sad, but the music in that scene was absolutely perfect.

I actually like the whole "we can't escape fate" thing. I thought it was a good twist. T3 was a good movie by itself, but kind of unnecessary in the Terminator series. True, it did go against what the last two had said about "no fate", but it was still a good movie. I almost cried at the end of T3, mostly because of the music. Sad music really gets to me in movies. While watching the special features on RotS, when I saw one of the TV spots for the first time (I think it's called "Epic Tragedy"), I cried- over a TV spot! The music does it all.

The music is pretty pretty rockin' I agree. I think the composer is Brad Fiedel. I love that song that plays in the nightclub scene from the first film, Burnin' in the Third Degree I think its called, although I cant remember who its done by.

Did you know that the footage from the end of T3, where you see the missiles launch, is used again in an episode of Smallville? I think it is used in a dream sequence..although I remember which episode it was. I know my sister noticed it too, and she's only 11 years old.

I hear there is now going to be a T4 :( Damn Jonathan Mostow, all he seems to be doing is riding the wave of success the first two films built up, there doesn't need to be a fourth one. Heck, there didnt even need to be a third one..

I've seen all of them. Terminator wasn't too good. Judgement Day was great, by far the best. Rise of the Machines was not bad, but not great. I cried at the end the first time I saw T2. What actually happened was pretty sad, but the music in that scene was absolutely perfect.

I actually like the whole "we can't escape fate" thing. I thought it was a good twist. T3 was a good movie by itself, but kind of unnecessary in the Terminator series. True, it did go against what the last two had said about "no fate", but it was still a good movie. I almost cried at the end of T3, mostly because of the music. Sad music really gets to me in movies. While watching the special features on RotS, when I saw one of the TV spots for the first time (I think it's called "Epic Tragedy"), I cried- over a TV spot! The music does it all.

:wstupid:

My thoughts exactly, although I probably liked the first one more than you described.

I bought the 3 DVD set about a week ago (T3 may have been really bad in comparison to the other two, but as a movie it's almost decent). I've seen them all before, but at some point this week I'm going to have a Terminator Marathon which should be fun. t" is still by far my favorite for obvious reasons.

I only liked the first two my self. The 3rd one was a bit lame.

Yes there is going to be Terminator 4. As of December 14, 2006 the update was that the script is finished, and filming will begin early this year. So far Nick Stahl is the only rumored actor for this film. Another rumor indicates that T-800, aka Model 101, which is played by Schwarzenegger would be terminated and "a new and more interesting character will take its place." ~ Quote by Andy Vajna. The movie, so far, is expected to be released in 2008.

Edward Furlong is also hoping to protray John again in T4.

Also for you fans, Fox network is producing a television series called The Sarah Connor Chronicles and will premiere this year. The show will be Starring:

Thomas Dekker - John Connor

Lena Headey - Sarah Connor

I like the Terminator series (I & II) but as i stated in the second thread, T3 was in my opinion a huge mistake, it had afew cool action scenes but nothing great...it's alot like the Alien franchise, first 3 were good but then are ruined by Alien Resurrection and AVP. EDIT: T4 shouldn't be made, but seeing as it is it would be ok with a new storyline within the resistance.

Another rumor indicates that T-800' date=' aka Model 101, which is played by Schwarzenegger would be terminated and "a new and more interesting character will take its place." ~ Quote by Andy Vajna.[/quote']

Bah, I don't care if this "new character" is more interesting. You can't do a Terminator movie without Arnie. He is the Terminator. No one can take his place.

I've watched all three movies. The first two more than one time. I agree with all of you who say that Terminator 2 is the best, it most definitely is. As for Terminator 3, it was entertaining, but not as good as its predecessor. Terminator 4? If Arnie is there, I'll definitely take a look, otherwise I'm not so sure.

Now, that Alien and AvP thing. The only and I repeat only Alien move that truly sucked was Alien 3 and as for AvP, it could have had a great story and been a great movie, if only they had used the time in which the AvP 2 game happens. Instead they made a really stupid story - a pyramid frozen beneath the ice in our time that serves as the initiation grounds for the Predators. I mean, come on, could it have been any dumber?

Yes there is going to be Terminator 4. As of December 14, 2006 the update was that the script is finished, and filming will begin early this year. So far Nick Stahl is the only rumored actor for this film. Another rumor indicates that T-800, aka Model 101, which is played by Schwarzenegger would be terminated and "a new and more interesting character will take its place." ~ Quote by Andy Vajna. The movie, so far, is expected to be released in 2008.

Also for you fans, Fox network is producing a television series called The Sarah Connor Chronicles and will premiere this year. The show will be Starring:

Arnold being terminated.... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*cries*curse them directors!

The t.v. series... *inaudible praying* I hope it is awesome but knowing t.v. networks...

*End rant*

Hopefully i get T2 for my birthday...

Bah, I don't care if this "new character" is more interesting. You can't do a Terminator movie without Arnie. He is the Terminator. No one can take his place.

[Arnie voice]He'll be back.[/Arnie voice]

I've seen #2 about 7 times. It's always on Foxtel and I always watch it. I've seen #1 and #3 twice.

Does Edward Furlong look ok?

"a new and more interesting character will take its place."

Bah, I wouldnt watch it if Arnie wasnt in it, although now that I think about it, don't you think making all the T-800 Infiltrators look like Arnie is a tactical mistake on Skynet's part. I mean, once the human resistance has seen one, they've seem them all.

Archived