Home

Jedi Knight Series vs KOTOR

Gug Eyewalker

• 2 weeks later...
I have never played KOTOR so I cant make a judgement, but by the screenshots in KOTOR, JKA and JKO ( And maybe Dark forces 2 ) look better.

You can't judge by screenshots. KotOR's graphics alone beat JKA's (which were distinctly average), and KotOR's storyline blows JKA's storyline away, which was also distinctly average.

I own both game series myself and if asked which I would rather play it would be the Kotor series. But this is because I'm an avid RP gamer from PNP to a decent CRPG. I'm a fan of Sci-fi and favor Kotor of NWN for the Sci-fi aspect not to mention the interface is alot better than NWN. The JK games are A FPS with a taste of RP but since it is 98% combat and only 2% problem solving RP and holds very little interest for me as compared to a good CRPG like Kotor. While Kotor is heavy in combat about 60-75% it is heavily filled with story and choices and occasionally even the ability to avoid combat. This is true Role playing at it's finest so It will always win out over the 1 or 2 times you get to make a Darkside choice in the JK games.

Maybe this explains why I can be found 98% of the time at Lucasforums In the Holowan Labs for Kotor modding.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived