Home

Best PC video game

Relenzo2

I still have a forty dollor gift card for Target, so, what should I get? Is BF2142 good, or KOTOR, or maybe GuildWars? Post your thoughts on best video games. (for PC)

This is assuming they don't have the Time Spiral set for MTG, but I'm pretty sure they don't.

Time Spiral? I thought Planaar Chaos was just released moments ago. Or about to anyways.

BF 2142 is fun, but perhaps a bit lacking. It's EA after all. If you like Battlefront I guess it's your thing.

As milo stated, there is no "best game". Provide a list of games you like and we may help to offer some recommendations.

Well I have BFII and I think it rocks. I am currently involved in the BFIII supah thread. And I thin kthe prerelease torumy's for planar choas have yet to start. Besides, Time Spiral is bigger, and I'd like timeshifted cards and slivers. I have been thinking of getting Guild Wars lately. But really, how good is KOTOR? I'd like to know..

If you don't yet have KotOR, get that for sure. You honestly will not regret it. It provided me with some of my all time gaming moments.

LucasArts just released a "best of" set that includes EoW, KotOR, Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast and Battlefront. That's $39.99.

Or you could just pick up KotOR and TSL, which should add up to be $39.98 and will bring you up to date on the state of the series. :)

Or you could just pick up KotOR and TSL, which should add up to be $39.98 and will bring you up to date on the state of the series. :)

Yep, this is exactly what I decided to get when I had to choose for Christmas. Here's a slight picture of the cover, to know what you're looking for if you want to get it:

B000HVTEX6.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41770632_.jpg

Words of wisdom...

Both games are fairly cheap, and have tons of replay value. Even after three and a half of years of KotOR, I'm still not bored with it. The reviews about it aren't exaggerating.

The sequel's definitely worth getting, too. Although it has some new features, it's the darker (and more original) story that I think makes it better than the first game.

Not to say I think KotOR has a bad plot, though. You won't regret getting it. :)

lol no Rome I already have the best: Civilizations. And WOAH, how can that pack for forty $ have like three 50 $ games in it???

nough! I have SW The Best of PC, and I would like to cut the #^$% and just present the facts.

1) the set is still in stores. After all, plenty of copies were made, and the whole "available only for holiday '06" stuff is just a marketing gimick. On this you can trust me, as I am a marketing major and frequent store and online purchaser of SW goods.

2: The set is only on DVD ROM, meaning that your computer must have a DVD drive in order to play the set.

3: There are three discs in the box: disc one (KOTOR & EaW)

disc 2 (Jedi Outcast, Rep. Commando, SW Battlefront), and disc three (a 14 day trial of SW Galaxies)

4: installation is very fast, due to the games being on DVD rather than CD ROM

5: the manuals are all included in Adobe PDF format, so they can be altered, printed, edited, ect. Essentially, it is a way of letting you have as many copies of the manuals as you will need.

6: the insert in each set contains your registration codes. DO NOT LOSE THE INSERT, unless you have the codes written down.

7: The registration of the games is reccommended to be done over high speed internet, and is somewhat necessary.

8: The games are fully complete, with all online content also available.

9: The SW Galaxies disc is only a demo, and requires high speed internet.

10: just because the set retails for 40 dollars, does not mean that is a definite. Shop around, and you might be surprised at what youll find. I was.

11: This collection is pretty much the only place to get new copies of some of the included games from a store, especially KOTOR.

12: Nothing much else, except that I cannot wait for the next collection (assuming they make one)

13: One final thing: it is definitely worth buying.

Massacrus out. (havent typed that in a while)

http://www.galacticsenate.com/showthread.php?t=14160&page=2

BF 2142 is fun, but perhaps a bit lacking. It's EA after all. If you like Battlefront I guess it's your thing.

The problem is that like BF:Vietnam, it's not enough of an upgrade to buy at full price. More like an expansion pack x1.25. Battlefield II has more value for the money, if you don't already have it.

Battlefield II has more value for the money, if you don't already have it.

Thing is; 2142 is IMO better and has more to offer than II. While one may complain about the lack of changes between 2 and 2142, if you're starting from scratch I recommend 2142 as they aren't selling BF2 in "budget titles" just yet.

The Star Wars best of PC is a great recommendation. Jedi Outcast, KOTOR and Rep Commando alone make this a great deal.

Republic Commando FTW!!!111one

I've been playing that game for over a year and I still love it!

I got BF2142 for Christmas and I bought a new expensive graphics card and played it about three days before going Republic Commando -- durn punkbuster won't let me play! >.<

Archived