Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Crown - Cold Is The Grave

The Crown is a death/trash metal band. the band was first named Crown Of Thorns but had to change their name because there already was another band with that name. After the demise of The Crown vocalist Johan Lindstrand started a new band called One Man Army And The Undead Quartet also a death/trash band.

Now the song is:

The Crown - Dream Bloody Hell

An instrumental song.

Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller

I'm going through another Big Bang Swing phase at the moment. Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Fletcher Henderson, stuff like that, altough Moonlight Serenade is a particular favourite of mine at the moment. Its just a shame Glenn Miller disappeared, never to seen again :(

Kansas - Leftoverture One of my favorite albums of all time written by one of my favorite song composers (Kerry Livgren). I love how some morons in the press have described Kansas as a "heavy metal" act. Especially considering how much of a classical music fan Kerry is.

I'm listening to that wonderful song by Chris Cornell. :D Yep, "You Know My Name", still my most played song. Just can't get enough of it. I'm also waiting Chris' new album, Carry On. Sounds like an interesting album. Probably will get it when it's released in June. He has a track that has been released of that album called "No Such Thing". Pretty good song.

As well, I listen to some Godsmack on a regular basis and more specifically, I listen to the song, "Straight Out Of Line" (Faceless) and "Speak" (IV) almost religiously. :p I have a small playlist of ten Godsmack songs that I think are great.

Otherwise, I listen to a bunch of other songs once and a while like "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down and a bunch of other rock tunes, and of course, Rammstein. ;)

I finally got my hands on Ziggy Stardust Live (<333 Niner) and its a great version of the song. I now have heard three different versions of the song: the original, the acoustic guitar version, and the Live at the Beeb version. I don't know which I like best but this is definitely one of my all-time favorite songs.

Right now I'm listening to ハレ晴レユカイ Hare Hare Yukai which is the ending theme for Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

What i've done - Linkin Park, their new song, a great song, although a similiar style to their previous songs.

Indeed it is a great song. :) I'm listening to it at the moment, I like their new style and according to Chester the nu-metal sound of their previous albums is completely gone.

I'm hyped about their upcoming album Minutes to Midnight.

I'm listening to that wonderful song by Chris Cornell. :D Yep, "You Know My Name", still my most played song. Just can't get enough of it. I'm also waiting Chris' new album, Carry On. Sounds like an interesting album. Probably will get it when it's released in June. He has a track that has been released of that album called "No Such Thing". Pretty good song.

I stopped listening to Audioslave after their second album...I might give them another go.

As well, I listen to some Godsmack on a regular basis and more specifically, I listen to the song, "Straight Out Of Line" (Faceless) and "Speak" (IV) almost religiously. :p I have a small playlist of ten Godsmack songs that I think are great.

I hope it includes "I Stand Alone" and "Awake" ;)

Otherwise, I listen to a bunch of other songs once and a while like "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down and a bunch of other rock tunes, and of course, Rammstein. ;)

3 Doors Down are flippin amazing, though you need to be in a certain mood to listen to them...

"How Soon is Now" - The Smiths

I am the son

And the heir

Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

I am the son and the heir

Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth

How can you say

I go about things the wrong way?

I am Human and I need to be loved

Just like everybody else does

I am the son

And the heir

Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

I am the son and the heir

Of nothing in particular

You shut your mouth

How can you say

There's a club, if you'd like to go

You could meet somebody who really loves you

So you go, and you stand on your own

And you leave on your own

And you go home, and you cry

And you want to die

When you say it's gonna happen "now"

Well, when exactly doe you mean?

See I've already waited too long

And all my hope is gone

You shut your mouth

How can you say

• 1 month later...

Bleed It Out - Linkin Park.

Ah, Minutes to Midnight (the new Linkin Park album). This is not my favorite album by them, but its still awesome.

They used to be nu-metal, now there just plain metal. And rap. Hell, I don't know what they are!

There still my favorite band, and always will be. :)

Thinking of putting on Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin.

I love the lyrics, and the music. If there's a bustle in your hedgerow/Don't be alarmed now/It's just a Spring clean for the May Queen. What does that mean? I don't know but I love it :D

Honor Thy Father by Dream Theater. Dream Theater are the masters of progressive rock/metal, they use complicated timescales (usually more than 1 per song), complex rhythms, and every member of the band could stand and do a half-hour solo on their instrument and it wouldn't be boring. How many bands can say that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeKI-xPKJeU - Their drummer playing Honor Thy Father. If you're not a musician yourself you probably won't appreciate the genius but whatever >_>

Thinking of putting on Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin.

I love the lyrics, and the music. If there's a bustle in your hedgerow/Don't be alarmed now/It's just a Spring clean for the May Queen. What does that mean? I don't know but I love it :D

Play it backwards. Seriously, it really works.

Of course, some people will say its just the power of suggestion... Well, hear for yourself.

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Hare Hare Yukai, the closing theme from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. As Niner, Jae and jmac know, I'm completely ****ing addicted to this goddamned song.

BYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Aru hareta hi no koto

Mahou ijou no yukai ga

Kagirinaku furisosogu fukanou janai waaaaaaaa

Ashita mata au toki warai nagara HAMINGUUUU

Ureshisa wo atsumeyouuuuu

KAN TAN nanda yo kon na no

Oikakete ne tsukamaete mite

Ooki na yume

Yume

Suki deshou?

>_________________>

<_________________<

Lapti Nek by the Max Rebo Band,

Ab queck zenick fesi

Zong jup col checky hiz jal, ooh

Wow!

Wa toc peg qui dos gee pif, aah

Goc jarraz bas deg zorze zot

Jer wih tuster mo vey

Qui neb be og ezen on

Wok lapti nek seb not van

Goc jarraz bas deg zorze zot

Lapti nek, rat a ran wim joct co jappi quaff

Lapti nek, kiv ba ha top wep jex pi va bep

Lapti nek, rat a ran wim joct co jeppi quaff

Wow!

Well I'm actually listening to a comedian, I don't know if this really counts.

Norman Rockwell is Bleeding - Christopher Titus

Somehow this man makes his ****ed up childhood into something hilarious. Even when he says his mother killed herself he still made it funny.

Here's a sample:

"Don't get to proud of being crazy like I did. I bet this guy $50 that I was more dysfunctional than he was.

And he raped me...

So I tipped him."

Hahahahahaha (that was a joke, not real).

"Surrender" by Billy Talent from their second album, Billy Talent II. Billy Talent is probably my favourite bands at the moment. They won 3 of 5 awards at the MMVA's (Much Music Video Awards), yesterday. :p

I like posted earlier in this thread, Chris Cornell came out with a new album, Carry On. Though, the album is okay, the only songs I really listen to on the album are "You Know My Name" (of course) and "No Such Thing".

Lastly, among those songs listed above and other music, are the tracks from the Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End soundtrack. I'll admitted that the movie was a disappointed, but hell, I enjoyed it and the soundtrack is pretty damn good.

Aru hareta hi no koto

Mahou ijou no yukai ga

Kagirinaku furisosogu fukanou janai waaaaaaaa

Ashita mata au toki warai nagara HAMINGUUUU

Ureshisa wo atsumeyouuuuu

KAN TAN nanda yo kon na no

Oikakete ne tsukamaete mite

Ooki na yume

Yume

Suki deshou?

>_________________>

<_________________<