Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, sweet. I like that one too. The Last Night and Comatose from that album are good too. It's a good 'driving album' when I have an hour to drive to work and the caffeine hasn't kicked in fully yet in the morning.
Heh, I can only listen to Gorgoroth when I'm in a car. It's a strange coincidence that there are always more dead bodies and more blood on the road when I'm listening to Gorgoroth. :indif:

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw a show about Grunge the other day and its effect on Québec's society.

There was a person invited to comment about the movement. I honestly didn't know exactly who she was until they mentioned that she was the bassist for Hole, you know, the Courtney Love band during the 90's. You might remember her as the hot redhead.

I always wondered who she was. Only more proof of the strange schism between English speakers and French speakers here in Québec. What's funnier, is that I went across a small street called "Ruelle Nick Auf der Maur". I always wondered who Nick Auf der Maur was to have a street named after him. So wikipedia helped.

That's how I found out about Montréal native and grunge icon Melissa Auf der Maur, ex-bassist for Hole and the Smashing Pumpkins, and daughter of Montréal politician Nick Auf der Maur.

I found out that she released a solo album 3 years ago.

Anyway, I find the album amazing and since I like to support good local artists, including French and English speakers of Montréal (unlike some...I'll just call them people), I thought I could spread the word.

Here's a few songs for you people.

Followed the Waves

Taste You

Special version of Taste You in French as a hidden record on her album:

Taste You (French)

Not a song on her record, but one that she made with French band Indochine for their album "Paradize":

Le Grand Secret

Yeah, she's insanely beautiful. Then again, I'm partial to women who can rock :D Especially with red hair and legs that don't end.

Lately I've been on a Progressive Rock binge.

Song of the Moment is The Sound of Muzak, by Porcupine Tree. Great song, great band. They remind me of Pink Floyd, in more than a few ways, but with a decidedly more acoustic sound most of the time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ARJRCcfY_A <= the best youtube vid with the song in it that I could find.

Lately I've been on a Progressive Rock binge.

Song of the Moment is The Sound of Muzak, by Porcupine Tree. Great song, great band. They remind me of Pink Floyd, in more than a few ways, but with a decidedly more acoustic sound most of the time.

I really like that song... I'll have to pick up the cd. Thanks John. :)

As for me, I've been listening to some Semisonic lately. In particular, "Bed" and "Chemistry." Fun songs. :)

i can't stop listening to Who Told You by the Reindeer Section. it's weird, as it's not even a particularly spectacular song. odd. apart from that, i'm listening to my iPod on shuffle whilst pondering the purchase of Bjork's greatest hits and Bat For Lashes' Fur and Gold album. hmmm.... oh, and meaning to put the rest of Pulp's Different Class on the thing. *sigh* so much to do so little time....

Linkin Park's Reanimation album

Velvet Revolver's Contraband album

Linkin Park's Meteora album

Stone Temple Pilot's Core album

The Crystal Method's Drive album

and some different TOOL songs

I said this because this is my iTunes playlist labeled ETQW that i listen to while playing Enemy Territory Quake Wars. all albums have great momentum throughout and have a relaxed song perfectly placed. "Reanimation" seems like it was made specifically for the game (with the exception of three songs i removed from the playlist) it builds up, chills for a second, and then has this beautiful ending. Velvet Revolver's Contraband is just a good ole' kick in the pants with a driving force of pure rock. Linkin Park's Meteora has an awesome blend of electronic and rock with vocals surging with determination (great to listen to when you're team is losing and you need motivation). Stone Temple Pilots' Core is one of the legendary albums that made rock today. it too is packed with momentum (e.g. Naked Sunday, Crackerman). Crystal Methods' Drive album fits the title perfectly. it is constantly evolving into different beats which aren't over-powering, yet they aren't boring either. they're blend of rock and electronica has made them a world reknowned band. I have a few songs by TOOL from lateralus, undertow, and 10,000 days. i love TOOL, their song Parabola plays in my head to a car chase scene. I also have some oddball songs in there by such bands as Snake River Conspiracy, The Prodigy, and RED. anyway, that's what i'm usually listening to in my head and on the computer.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm listening to Holyhell (feat. Eric Adams) - The Phantom Of The Opera. It's properly the best version of this classic opera I've ever heard. But then again, Eric Adams and Manowar rocks big time. Hehe

Listen to it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkkHp26w9no

Nightwish made a version of "The Phantom Of The Opera" too... Pfffff...

Nightwish go home ->

Archived