Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

Kiss You Off - Scissor Sisters

This band is incredibly fun. Sithy linked me to a few songs of theirs, and I bought their CD Ta-Dah recently. No regrets - thanks Sithy! <3

You're welcome.

Right now I'm listening to Pablo Picasso by Citizen Cope. Pretty good song, very mellow. Been listening to lots of assorted music, more so lately.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am listening to the Original Knight Rider Theme. I don't know just something about this song makes me like it more than any other theme I have heard. It is also one of my more favorite songs of all time. I mean, it totally connected with the show and was definitely the best choice for that shows theme. I started listening to it again in anticipation of the new Knight Rider series. Of course, I will only accept it as a legitimate Knight Rider series if it has the original theme.

System of the Down is where it's at...for me, anyway. Virtually anything, I like about every song from all there albums. Too bad they are on hiatus.

Also, aside from SotD, I bought Godsmack's Good Times, Bad Time... 10 Years of Godsmack, which is a best of album type thing as well as a cover song from Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times". Crazy good ****, though.

In about three hours or so, I'll be listening to myself and a few friends on our Sunday Session. The weather's nice and sunny today, so we'll probably set off with some punked-up traditionals. If you're unfamiliar with that tradition, you might want to give the Pogues or the Dropkick Murphys a try. :)

^ edlib: thanks! You just reminded of another favourite of mine, 'Perfect Strangers', by Deep Purple. It's been quite some time since I last gave it a spin. :thumbsup:

That is also an excellent album. Probably my 2nd fave by them.

And the first one of theirs I owned, if I remember correctly.

Eternal Wait by Ensiferum, one of the finest Folk Metal bands ever, right alongside Finntroll. The song is pretty cool in that it serves as a fine example of Ensiferum's style, using both clean and growl vocals, "light" folk music and the heavier bass guitars, all in a slow-medium tempo.

Open Car, by Porcupine Tree, from the album Deadwing.

Very good song from PT, I like how there are 2 or 3 distint styles in the song that's less than 4 minutes long.

Once again, just minimize the page and listen to the song. Apparently people like to make horrible videos with good songs.

Black Sabbath - Lady Evil

Who doesn't know this amazing band known as the first metal band ever. On this album they already dumped Ozzy and got Ronnie James Dio on vocals. Besides amazing Dio is the god of everything metal and thanks to him we got the horns \m/

I just got a couple Bowie CDs so I'm listening to those right now. They are Heathen and Reality, his two most recent. I'd probably say Slow Burn is my favorite song on Heathen and I haven't gotten through Reality yet. The song its on right now is the title track, Reality.

Taake - Hordaland Doedskvad part 1

A black metal band from Norway. They usely don't name their songs. All their albums are concept albums and the album title is the name for all songs on that album. The vocalist Hoest is amazing and his performance on this album is the best he has ever done. He also has come drunk on stage, forgot lyrics on stage, went on stage in a pants full of holes without wearing underwear (we all know what part of his body eventually fell through a hole) and what the band is most known for, during a gig in Germany Hoest came on stage with a swastika drawn on his chest.

Cheap Trick's Surrender from Live At Budokan. I played it last night on Guitar Hero II (haha @ adamqd) which made me want to learn it on [an actual] guitar...unfortunately the live version is horrendously out of tune, making it a really difficult task =(

what a great crappy band =D

Archived