Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

@Rhett We just got a new 90s rock station here in the Philly area and I've been enjoying the hell out of it...other than their obsession with Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers =\ I also miss the last generation of music, it was definitely more my style.

I've been rocking the OP from Serial Experiments: Lain (BoA - Duvet) for the last couple of days here at home. Been sick since Saturday morning and the song's been on repeat since then XP

Depeche Mode

Precious

Precious and fragile things

Need special handling

My God what have we done to You?

We always try to share

The tenderest of care

Now look what we have put You through...

Things get damaged

Things get broken

I thought we'd manage

But words left unspoken

Left us so brittle

There was so little left to give

Angels with silver wings

Shouldn't know suffering

I wish I could take the pain for You

If God has a master plan

That only He understands

I hope it's Your eyes He's seeing through

Things get damaged

Things get broken

I thought we'd manage

But words left unspoken

Left us so brittle

I pray You learn to trust

Have faith in both of us

And keep room in Your heart for two

Things get damaged

Things get broken

I thought we'd manage

But words left unspoken

Left us so brittle

What can I say about this song, which would inspire others to listen. When I personally listen to the song "Precious", I get the sense that everything is going to be okay. Regardless about what is going on in the world, or in my own life, this song gets me to understand that fragile things can be fixed. Even though they may be damaged in some form or another, we should never wait until they fade from our prescense. We should take the moment to say the things we need to, for there may never be another time to do so. Its an awsome song to listen to, and I think some of you will agree. I encourage everyone to at least listen to it once.

which my friend bought for me while he was in America,

When did he buy this for you? Since I swear they just released the album yesterday (June 3) in North America.

I bought it yesterday since, well... it was released yesterday. :D

Although, I'd have to agree with you. "Indestructible" is a pretty sweet track. I also like "Perfect Insanity" as well.

When did he buy this for you? Since I swear they just released the album yesterday (June 3) in North America.

I bought it yesterday since, well... it was released yesterday. :D

Although, I'd have to agree with you. "Indestructible" is a pretty sweet track. I also like "Perfect Insanity" as well.

He just got back today, and i've been listening to the album while playing his 360 with him at his place and now while obviously on LF.

Listening to: Inside the Fire, Disturbed's first single from there new album, and a sweet song.

Groove is in The Heart - Deee-Lite

Every dance I've ever been to I've requested either this song or anything by Daft Punk, and every dance I've ever been to has not played my request. D:

If they played Groove is in the Heart at homecoming, the place would ERUPT. I KNOW IT!!

Groove is in The Heart - Deee-Lite

Every dance I've ever been to I've requested either this song or anything by Daft Punk, and every dance I've ever been to has not played my request. D:

If they played Groove is in the Heart at homecoming, the place would ERUPT. I KNOW IT!!

Ave.... you have just spoken of MY SONG! I love it! I will go listen to it now...

I think I finally found a band that I like... 'Coldplay'. Kind of cool songs they have... I'd say I've found a new form of music I like... Apparently British Pop music is getting a little more popular lately, and I can see why. I'm not one to get all that interesting in the words of the songs, as I'm not a very 'emotional' person. Simply, the music itself and how the vocals are used in those songs is kinda cool to listen to.

I think I finally found a band that I like... 'Coldplay'. Kind of cool songs they have... I'd say I've found a new form of music I like... Apparently British Pop music is getting a little more popular lately, and I can see why. I'm not one to get all that interesting in the words of the songs, as I'm not a very 'emotional' person. Simply, the music itself and how the vocals are used in those songs is kinda cool to listen to.

British Music was good until the late 80's and early 90's, with a few exceptions, nothing good ever came from Britain after that musically, it's all been from the States mostly...

I've been listening to early Black Sabbath (up to Vol 4), Judas Priest (mostly Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, British Steel), Ramones (up to Pleasant Dreams) and The Stooges (first and second album)

Spot the pattern here lolz, I like diversity :xp:

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess I'll post in this (semi) dead thread...

Currently I'm listening to Storms by Fleetwood Mac. Hmmm... It's pretty, musical? :lol: Yes, not the best descriptor... well, maybe it is, since, no offense to any metal-heads intended, but every Heavy Metal song I've listened to in my life isn't really that musical. *Shrugs*

Maybe it's just me?

But, the song is sung by both Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks, which, at least I think, makes it a little bit more interesting than most Fleetwood Mac songs. The instruments used is an acoustic guitar -maybe some bass, too? And lighter percussion than most.

Oh well... let's breath some life into this thread again.

I feel very thankful and fortunate that at least one hip hop artist has come through the last 2+ decades and not become disjointed from the spirit and emotion that created the mode of expression known as rythm and poetry. The subjects of social justice and economic subjugation now seem far removed from the general perception of this form of lyrical expression. It was started on street corners in the 70s, and artists like KRS-One will take you, and keep you on those corners right here in 2008.

The 2008 Album I'm currently listening to "Adventures In Emceein"

No matter what race you are, the work of black civil rights leaders like Minister Malcolm X and Dr King can never be anything short of awe-inspiring. ;) Artists(and activists) like KRS continue their legacy in the modern era.

>>>recommended

apart from that, Ive almost finished to the entire Legacy of The Force audiobook series. Just about the start the legacy comics soon ;)

mtfbwya

The Prison of Mirrors, by Xasthur. Xasthur is a Depressive Black Metal project a friend introduced me to. Normally I wouldn't be concerned with music about suicide or depression because that is so emo, but Xasthur is really good. Rather than singing particularly about depression and suicide, it tends to induce depression.

Love the drones and the depressive feeling of dread it creates. It's not my favourite, but it's very good music and a lovely experience.

One - Metallica

THE best song ever written, beautiful intro, gradually getting heavier, and ending with a sick solo and outro. Classic.

You earn 5,000 awesome points for that, but 4,999 for not saying Master Of Puppets was the best. :xp: Fade To Black is also awesome in a One kinda way.

^^

Yeah, I don't really like Master of Puppets, but its WAY overrated, but Metallica's most overrated is Enter Sandman.

Currentyl listening to:

Blackened - Metallica

A great, fast paced song containing one of my fav solos, similiar to Ride the Lightning, which is another great song.

I'm actually doing the front of house sound for KRS-One later today.

He's playing our place with MC Lyte.

http://www.berkleebpc.com/

freakin awesome ed! What I wouldn't give to see the blastmaster live. MC Lyte is also my favourite lady rapper! Most people know her from her association with P.E but she's done so much more than that.

hope it goes great man.

mtfbwya.

Yeah... it went well.

Got a little loud, but I guess that is to be expected.

The audience was a little sparse, and I felt bad for the performers... but they gave it thier all anyway. High energy show.

The show ended a little weird, however... with KRS giving an almost half hour talk on various matters of spirituality and personal responsibility with no music behind him.

It was deep, and he's obviously a brilliant guy... but I thought it was a bit anti-climatic. He should have done at least one more to end the show with a bang.

Still... it was pretty cool. And I'm not much of a hip-hop fan at all.

Archived