Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

Mass Effect OST
Good call, Mass Effect has some of the best music I've ever heard in a game. The last 5 songs I listened to are:

1) Shadow Gallery - Rain (Acoustic Version)

2) Gorgoroth - Procreating Satan

3) Spock's Beard - Devil's Got My Throat Revisited

4) Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Queen Of The Winter Night

5) Bouncing Souls - Sing Along Forever

Pretty mixed bag there actually.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brahms' Violin Concerto in D Major beats it for the epicness prize; especially the third movement (which was used to muche applause in There Will Be Blood and many times perform'd) but I have unsophisticated ears, I just go for "oooh, pretty." :xp:

Heh... yeah.

It all depends on the recording and performance when it comes to Bach, though. Not everybody does Bach quite the same way; and where and how this piece was captured, and what pipe organ it is performed on do make a lot of difference. I have a couple of different versions of that single work, and they are all different. None of them quite what I would call "definitive" however... still looking for that one.

But, usually, when I'm in the mood for truly "epic"... I break out the Stravinsky, Holst, or Wagner.

A great recording of the Firebird Suite or "Mars: Bringer of War" through a killer sound system are hard to beat.

Hmmm......

Right now I'm listening to the Yes Album by Yes... How to sum up this album...

I really enjoy it, the songs are different from each other which is very nice so it doesn't feel like you're listening to the same song over and over. About the only song's I'll get mixed up on it are I've Seen All Good People (When it's in the near end part) and the beginning of the Guitar Solo on Starship Trooper.

Anyway, if you have the cash, and see a copy of it, don't hesitate to buy it. It's a great album despite (or possibly because of) it's age.

Cry of the Brave - DragonForce

This is one of the best song's DragonForce has made (I'm not saying it's THE best, just ONE of them). It's a very fast paced song that gets you both revved up and feeling a need for speed. The killer solos and speed playing make it a great listen for those who love fast paced music.

Hmmm......

Right now I'm listening to the Yes Album by Yes...

Anyway, if you have the cash, and see a copy of it, don't hesitate to buy it. It's a great album despite (or possibly because of) it's age.

Couldn't agree more (and you may have guessed by my avatar that I'm actually a bit of a fan...) unless possibly if you had said Close To The Edge... Which is the perfect album.

If you like Yes, and don't already have that album: RESOLVE THAT ISSUE RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm bored, so I have a list of songs that I leik:

The Real Slim Shady - Slim Shady

A great song, for Rap that is. What? Hey, its better then that god-awful Soulja Boy or the Jonas Brothers.

Popsicle - Innocent Bystanders

Reminds me of my Relationships, and how they were ruined. Heh.

Under Wraps - Innocent Bystanders

See above. Except without the cheating part.

Through the Fire and Flames - DragonForce

What can I say? Its a song made of (almost) pure win.

No Handlebars - Flobots

A bit of rap, and a bit of jazz. One of the real good Rap songs, that actually have a message.

• 3 months later...

I am listening to the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Minas Morgul....oh, and now Demon Hunter.

I'm enjoying the Minas Morgul song due to the amazing Opera-like vocals done by choir present at the studio. It just adds such an amazing feeling to the Dark-rider theme.

Demon Hunter has some awesome vocals as well, they're practically my favorite Heavy Metal band due to the way they play and the interesting turns in the vocals.

The Bartender Song [sittin' at a Bar] - Rehab (explicit version is explicit)

Wonderful blend of R&B and Country on my end. And it makes me think about stuff I don't normally think about, and don't want to think about. :D

Wait, is that a good thing? D:

Anything on the Radio, which, ATM, happens to be Paper Planes - MIA. was Live Your Life - Rihanna/T.I.

I'm too lazy to find a station I like, so I stay at mine.

I'm listening to The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by the Smashing Pumpkins. The Watchmen teaser trailer features this awesome song. That's what originally turned me onto it.

FUN FACT: The song was written for.... get this.... BATMAN & ROBIN. Bleagh.

Same here, I was not aware of the song before that trailer, but man I love it now. And yeah, funny that such a good song was written for such a crappy movie.

Same here, I was not aware of the song before that trailer, but man I love it now. And yeah, funny that such a good song was written for such a crappy movie.

When I saw the Watchmen trailer in the theater, I blurted out to my friend that that was from Batman & Robin and he didn't believe me. The only reason I knew was because I knew the faster paced version of the song, "The End is the Beginning is the End". Surprisingly enough, the soundtrack to that movie was nowhere near as crappy as the film itself.

I've been playing this song over and over. It's so gud ;.;

Archived