Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

Anybody remember the good old 8-bit days? Anybody also remember Iron Maiden Run to the hills? What if somebody really talented found a way to utilize NES sound instruments? What's that you say it can't be done? I beg to differ, and so does "Uner". Behold:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Eat your heart out!

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artist: SlipKnot

Album: Volume 3. The Subliminal Verses

Song(s): Circle, Duality, Vermillion, Before I Forget, The Blister Exists, Three Nil

Genre: Metal

Release Year: 2004

Artist: Soil

Album: Scars

Song: Halo

Genre: Metal

Release Year: 2002

Artist: Throwdown

Album(s): You Don't Have To Be Family, Vendetta

Song: Trust, Burn

Release Year(s): 2001, 2005

Been a dull rainy day so I dusted off my Pink Floyd PULSE concert DVD. It may have been 15 years ago by now but it's still one of the greatest concerts I've seen.

A few highlights:

• 3 weeks later...
Black Sabbath

As long as it's the Dio/Iommi/Butler line-up then it's ok :thmbup1:

Oh, speaking of which, check out Heaven & Hell's "The Devil You Know", seriously one of the best classic metal albums to ever grace your ears in recent years!!!

Dio pwns Ozzy anytime, anywhere :carms:

The new Placebo single "Battle for the Sun" is excellent too btw!

Oh and I was quite surprised by the new Green Day album, "21st Century Breakdown" too, thought they were quite overrated for a while but it really is just great music, a bit Ramones-meets-Clash-meets-U2-political-undertone, but awesome nonetheless!

Oh, speaking of which, check out Heaven & Hell's "The Devil You Know", seriously one of the best classic metal albums to ever grace your ears in recent years!!!

Really? I found it bland and uninspired, and highly boring, nothing like the Heaven and Hell album.

Am currently listening to Agalloch - Not Unlike The Waves. Hey look, someone on this forum likes a black metal band!

myhouse-yourhouse.net

Dance / House music with live DJ sets. I listen fairly often mainly because I am an electronic music freak. House is pretty high up there on my list of Faves. What I like about this site is the variety of House sets in different styles.. Plus my buddy does a radio show on Thursdays at 8pm PST.

F

She's so high by Tal Bachman. The music itself is kinda, light hearted i guess you'd say. Great guitar bits in my opinion. But I love the lyrics. Reminds me of this girl I know back home. *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVKcfwJxa54

That and I've really gotten into Disturbed lately. I'm not usually one for the screaming/metal stuff but they've got some really neat lyrics and the music itself is just really cool.

That and I've really gotten into Disturbed lately. I'm not usually one for the screaming/metal stuff but they've got some really neat lyrics and the music itself is just really cool.

Trust me when I say this, Disturbed's not screaming.

Curretnly listening to Alexisonfire - To A Friend. My fav Alexisonfire song, god I love Dallas' voice.

Ironheart, there's a band that really screams, particularly on their first album. ;)

Really? I found it bland and uninspired, and highly boring, nothing like the Heaven and Hell album.

Of course not, nothing Ozzy or anyone else evr did after the "Heaven and Hell" album came close t it either, but it's a great effort considering their age and history, and it's definitely not uninspired, by far one of the best albums this year so far...

Speaking of... anyone heard Placebo "Battle for the Sun" yet? Best album so far this year for me, Brian Molko really pulled out all the stops this time, I was underwhelmed with the last album but this one blew me away, class act, hope I can catch them live in December here...

Trust me when I say this, Disturbed's not screaming.

I got to see the Music as A Weapon IV concert in Chicago a few weeks back (I went because Lacuna Coil was one of the bands playing). Trust me, Disturbed, which was one of the four bands that played, did a lot of screaming. :)

Lacuna Coil sang Spellbound at the concert

acdcfanbill and I were talking about music a few months back, and we got started talking about bands like Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation. He linked me to some symphonic metal, including Epica's "Phantom Agony". I love all the strings along with the rock instruments.

I found a link to Kamelot's "Ghost Opera" on the Phantom Agony youtube page. I love the interesting lyrics, the mix of rock and some strings, and music references. Since Khan studied opera for several years, the references don't come as a surprise.

Not my particular genre at all, but, today some clients wanted this as wedding processional music--and as the DJ I was happy to give it to them. I was impressed. Very well done. Certainly, a better voice than my mid-lo tone will ever be able to do. Good Ukalale player too. Brother Iz:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Praises.

One of my favorite tracks of the MegaMan X series: Jet Stingray stage BGM

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

I got to see the Music as A Weapon IV concert in Chicago a few weeks back (I went because Lacuna Coil was one of the bands playing). Trust me, Disturbed, which was one of the four bands that played, did a lot of screaming. :)

Lucky you. The MaAW IV tour didn't even come up to Canada. :( I wanted to see Killswitch Engage and Disturbed.

I saw Disturbed last December. I, honestly, wouldn't say they screamed a lot. All live metal concerts seems like they're screaming. Draiman does scream a far bit though. I would classify Killswitch Engage as more of a screamer band though. :p

No, I'm not trusting you, because I know Disturbed aren't screamo.

They do scream in the sense of general yelling high pitched style, but it's not a true scream in music.

Listen to an Alexisonfire song, particularly from their self-titled debut album, then tell me Disturbed scream. (Although, new Alexis are better as Dallas sings a truckload more)

ZZ Top - Legs

Just a great classic song, which everyone knows and loves. :D

• 5 months later...

I've been listening to the Traveling Wilburys lately who are, naturally, awesome.

Honestly, the planets must have been aligned when they formed. George Harrison, Tom Petty, and Bob Dylan in the same band... o_0.

Archived