Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The soundtrack to "Repo! - The Genetic Opera". Why I like it, I can't exactly say, but it probably has something to do with the guitar riffs used throughout the soundtrack(and in the movie of coruse), and the general "dark" tone of the music(and again, the movie).

My favorite from it would have to be between "Legal Assassin", and "Night Surgeon".

Reasoning for the favorites? Spoiler's abound.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Both of them about the central character from the movie, the first mostly about the fact that he is a dual character, as he fills the role of a Father, and yet, a cold-blooded killer, which, because of the company he works for, it is completely legal for him to do so. And the second, is more about what happened to make him this killer, the death of his wife, (which he was strung along to believe it was he himself, that killed her). Along with this, he fights with the dual personality, even as he walks away, refusing to do what his employer said.

I'm listening to alot of music right now. But I can't exactly post them as this is a PG Rated forum. But keeping it PG rated, the most popular would probably be the one below:

Yes, I know it says uncensored, but there aren't any curse words in there. I just used this vid for the good audio quality.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

ATM:

Hardman's theme remix of his MegaManII gameboy appearance re-synthesized and re made to sound like NES. Tempo is perhaps on par to slightly FASTER with original and arrangement overall has some differences but I like it mostly.

Original one, though if I may I can imagine and almost hear this one as if John Williams himself were redoing it and composing it with his own band. If that were the case I'd title this track one of 3 things:

"Battlefield"

"Desperate War"

"Tragedy in the Mountains"

Sort of brings up a sense of...like I'm in mountains (not sure if it's rocky mountains, or alpine) fighting a war as though my life and the lives of millions depended upon it, to get to some military base to stop the countdown of nuclear warheads being launched by an erratic computer or some madman who had infiltrated it. Very much adrenaline like a race to the finish. Bombs, gunshots, helicopters, traps, enemy combatants in the way.

Mind you this was in the late '90s when I first heard this track and thought of all this, and long before ever watching any Terminator movie.

Yea, I know, kinda wierd that 8 bit tunes could evoke such a presence of thoughts and feelings. Just thought I'd share, though.

Side note: Hardman's stage in this game was somewhat reminiscent of that environment and situation so, suppose it is a case of drifting imagination on my part. :p

Korean music is currently interesting me. P:

Also, Tegan and Sara's new album is excellent, imo. The album is more refreshing and upbeat than prior albums (ie 'The Con), and I find the lyrics just too catchy. If you haven't heard of them, I would suggest you take a listen. C:

• 6 months later...

I've been away at the Latitude Festival since Thursday and I was fortunate enough to see Belle and Sebastian's set on the main stage on the Saturday night.

^^ aaaaagh latitude you lucky lucky man. the line-up was pretty much a who's-who of the music i've been listening to recently. the national! laura marling! richard hawley! aaaaah!

but ooooh no. had to be abroad...

incidentally, Stephen Fretwell's Man on the Roof is tinkling out at the moment.

^^ aaaaagh latitude you lucky lucky man. the line-up was pretty much a who's-who of the music i've been listening to recently. the national! laura marling! richard hawley! aaaaah!

The fantastic thing about it, of course, is that the tag line of the festival is absolutely right: it's not just about music. The RSC was there, for example, along with a whole host of comedians like Phill Jupitus, Marcus Brigstocke, and Ardal O'Hanlon. But, alas, no Radio 4 tent this year.

The atmosphere was somewhat disrupted, though, by the bizarre inclusion of Crystal Castles and Empire of the Sun, two acts which really don't fit into that festival... at all.

Also: Jonsi was awesome >_>.

mmm, the comedy is always good. rich hall was there this year, right? though it's been better overall previously has the comedy line-up, for me at least. you're right though, the stuff outside the music is what makes it better than these monstrosities like V festival etc etc.

Crystal Castles and Empire of the Sun? ew... but Jonsi is amazing, though i do have to admit i prefer his sigur ros work.

Daft Punk:

Robot Rock

Technologic:D

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

I love electronic. Call me weird, but I love it.

Especially Daft Punk. Weird songs.

The Killers - Human

Something just appeals to me in this song...

Electronic/Rock. I love both genres.

Jay-Z:

The Blueprint 3:

D.O.A

Young Forever

Empire State Of Mind

Awesome Songs. Really.

I am currently listening to a remix of the Champion/Vs. Red theme. Being a Pokemon fan, and a fan of Gold and Silver (and the remakes) I couldn't help but like this. ;)

IMO, it's much better than the remake's remix.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived