Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for the last few days in my mind I have been listening to Kansas' Carry on my Wayward Son. I grew up listening to Kola, Kost and K-earth, all them oldies and rock stuff of my parents so I have a good appreciation of music and I gues I am ecletic. This song I heard once or twice on the radio and then never heard of it again. Then my favorite television series brought it back and gave the song a name and that series was Supernatural. Listening to the lyrics, I was like 'This is so Dean and Sam.' Since then I sing the refrain in my head when I am particularly feeling down and it cheers me up.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this track <3333

Still need to get used to the other ones

Yah, it takes time i have to say. For example, it took about 3 days of nigh-on constant listening end-to-end for Little by Little to grow on me. In terms of albums by them, I'd place it behind OK Computer, the Bends and In Rainbows, but ahead of the rest. Great album. Still holding out a fool's hope for King of Limbs II though...

I went to a performance of Messiaen's Turangalîla-Symphonie, not expecting to enjoy it at all but ending up thoroughly converted to this eighty-minute, whirling, constantly developing, and bizarre wall of sound:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived