Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"High Pitch... Higher... Dani Filth"

LMAO

Bloodbath is pretty good. I didn't really mind Peter's stint as singer either as I like Opeth and Hypocrisy both.

Indeed :xp: I have actually never heard Hypocrisy, maybe i should give it a go, he does rather good vocals on Bloodbath. I prefer Mike´s, but still.

We Are All One, by Jesper and Angela Kyd. I can't honestly tell you -why- I like it, it's not really my usual music - although, I do like most of Jesper Kyd's work.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• 2 weeks later...
I came across this the other day, and I'm still struck by how moving a piece it is.

King Arthur has some fantastic bits in it. Always find it strange that after Purcell English opera completely died out. Not even Handel could really resurrect it, it seems.

The third movement of Beethoven's 'Emperor' piano concerto, conducted by Daniel Barenboim from the piano. It's connected to the deeply tragic second movement by that low bass hum you can hear at the beginning as the pieces of the theme coalesce on the piano, like the still more magnificent 5th Symphony's third/fourth movements.

Been listening to a lot of Handel lately. The universally recognisable Hallelujah Chorus from his Messiah oratorio, Sir Colin Davis conducting the LSO.

See, Sabre, Western classical music doesn't have to be quiet and slow. It can be joyful like Beethoven and Handel!

• 2 weeks later...

The History Channel, via Twitter informs me that Calamity Jane was born this day in 1853. And, like magic, this popped into my head.

:p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived