Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

Well, right now, its Quadrophenia by The Who, yep, the entire album.

Its probably my favorite Who album, with Who's Next coming in second place by a hair. The one thing that makes this one stand apart from Who's Next, though, is that its a concept album that's also a contiguous album, well you tell me what else to call it!

Every song leads into the next, and it does a good job of story telling. The tale trying to be told is that of a single kid who's got some weird mental **** going on (He has "Quadrophenia" whatever that is...) whilst the Mods and Rockers gang-war of the 1960's is going on. (Want to say '62-'65...)

Anyway, if you enjoy Classic Rock of the late 60's/Early 70's, I heartily recommend this album.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still... it was pretty cool. And I'm not much of a hip-hop fan at all.

great stuff ed. KRS chatter at the end really isn't that surprising. That's his bag nowadays. Would love to see him freestyle though, for that alone his skills are legendary

mtfbwya

Right now, I'm listening to Wester, a song by one of my favorite bands,AFI.

Yeah, it's back from their album, The Art of Drowning, before they "soldout". The lyrics are lovely, as I ussally like the lyrics Davey writes, and the music isn't as loud and off as it used to be. Although, I really enjoy it, so I'll stand by it. ^.^

Do you ever listen to Epica or Nightwish? If you like Within Temptation I imagine you would enjoy both of those groups. You might also look into Opeth

I like Nightwish too and have probably listened to most of their songs by now (Oceanborn is my favorite album by them so far). A bit heavier than Within Temptation generally, though still somewhat similar in style. :)

Haven't heard of the other two groups yet though, I'll check those out when I get the opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ave.... you have just spoken of MY SONG! I love it! I will go listen to it now...

YAY!

But that was then. Now is MC Frontalot: Penny Arcade Theme

I was talking to my friend the other day about Frontalot...but she didn't care, which made me saddd.

Rose of Sharyn: Killswitch Engage

A very good song which has a nice mix of growling and clean vocals, and is definitely one of Killswitch's best.

^^ Aw YEEAAA!

Right now, I am currently listening to Through the Fire and Flames by DragonForce. The hardest song to play on Guitar Hero and so friggin' awsome!

I got two new albums recently:

Blonde Redhead - 23

PJ Harvey - White Chalk

and I'm listening to them along with the new Sigur Rós album, aswell as albums from Bon Iver, Radiohead and Elbow.

Pure ear-candy.

everyone needs a bit of club/dance music in their life - surely someone on here likes that stuff, besides me? :lol:

ooo, oo! pick me! :D

Well, not much i'll admit, but i ike a bit of Basement Jaxx (wheeere's yoooure heeeead aaaat), Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Underworld, Aphex Twin and so on. plus electronic/dance music has some of the best videos, like Where's Your Head At and Come To Daddy by Aphex Twin (which is frankly disturbing :xp: )

BYOB - System of a Down

I really don't understand what this song is about, but nonetheless, it is a very good song, and it just has that OOMPH! factor.

Wikipedia always helps. :)

I've been listening to all sorts of music recently. Mainly metal and rock though. At the moment, I am listening to "Blow" by Atreyu. Probably this song or "Becoming the Bull" is my favourite from their latest album, Lead Sails Paper Anchor. It's somewhat reminiscent of glam metal lol. :p

I've recently reread Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. They're so good! :D

You are now dead to me.

Right now I'm listening to I Can't Sleep by the La's. They're a scouse indie rock band who in twenty years have managed to produce literally one album (I know, impressive, right?).

You are now dead to me.

Right now I'm listening to I Can't Sleep by the La's. They're a scouse indie rock band who in twenty years have managed to produce literally one album (I know, impressive, right?).

Even better though, they've only ever managed to produce one song that had any sort of success. Pretty low strike rate they've got there D:

Even better though, they've only ever managed to produce one song that had any sort of success. Pretty low strike rate they've got there D:

Doesn't stop them from being undiluted awesome, though. They're probably one of the most underrated bands of the modern age.

Archived