Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Ay! Oh! Let's go!

Rock deconstructed back just about far as you can go and still leave the essence of rock.

I'm not a fan of punk... but even I have to admit that these guys never wrote or recorded a song that wasn't instantly catchy as hell. Genius... though they would probably disagree.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh La La - The Faces

I have to say, this was the best ending song in a movie ever. Slomo dancing while fireworks and stuff went off in the background. Man, I wish I had Rushmore on DVD... At least I've got some of the soundtrack.

(My sig is too big here? Geeze ow, clearly the man's holding this place down. I think Ima kick it in the RD from now on.)

I'm sorry you feel that way, but our rules are no different than in many other sections of LF. Example, Example, Example, Example, Example. -RH

I've totally been ignoring Audioslave's last few albums. I've always just looped their first album when I needed a fix so now I'm catching up on them. Doesn't Remind Me from their album Out of Exile is what I'm currently jamming to.
That's my favorite track on the album. Their newest one, Revelations, has some good ones as well: Revelations, One and the Same, Original Fire, and Shape of Things to Come (I like this one lots).

Recently I've been listening to:

Clint Mansell - The Fountain OST (pure lurrrrrve)

The Kronos Quartet - Requiem for a Dream OST (side effect of the above)

Collective Soul - A bunch of their more awesomer songs from all their albums, including (but not limited to!) Under Heaven's Skies, December, Home, Needs, Blame, Forgiveness, Turn, Why Pt. 2, and She Said.

Nine Inch Nails - Their entire "Broken" album. It's really good! I like all of the tracks on it. With other NiN albums I have I can usually skip a few tracks, but this one's full of good ones. Physical (You're So) and Happiness in Slavery are probably the best ones out of a great bunch.

That's my favorite track on the album. Their newest one, Revelations, has some good ones as well: Revelations, One and the Same, Original Fire, and Shape of Things to Come (I like this one lots).

I like Audioslave a lot too. Thanks to You Know My Name and the lead singer, Chris Cornell. Though, unfortunately, they are departed and are defunct as of what I know. :( Though, Cornell will be coming out with another album later this year called Carry On, IIRC.

Anyway, I'm listenin' to a bunch of tunes.

Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA (DotA) by Basshunter. I am sure some of you have heard of him. ;) Though, it's kinda cheesy. But, I like it....

Also, there is the song/theme from Requiem of a Dream. It's been in a few commercials I've seen recently as the backround music. And a few videos.

If you haven't noticed I have a soft spot for foreign music and Original/Official Sountracks (OST). :p

Then, there is Billy Talent. From their second album, Billy Talent II, I'm listenin' to Fallen Leaves, Devil in a Midnight Mass, and Red Flag. I also like River Below from their first album as Billy Talent, which is self-titled.

Well, also there are the Beastie Boys, who I have recently took a fancy to. :D Most tracks I like from them are on Liscensed to Ill. The songs Brass Monkey, No Sleep till Brooklyn, and Girls top the list. I also like Ch-Check It Out from To the 5 Boroughs. And some other tracks from a few other of the albums.

Almost at the end, I've added Last Resort by Papa Roach, from Infest. I heard it at a recent lacrosse game. Couldn't ever find the name of the song till recently, so I added it.

Finally, some Godsmack, which I added recently. Though, I have no specific favourite song, but they aren;t too bad. Though, I like Rammstein more. ;)

If you have noticed, I like many different genres of music. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I like Audioslave a lot too. Thanks to You Know My Name and the lead singer, Chris Cornell. Though, unfortunately, they are departed and are defunct as of what I know. :( Though, Cornell will be coming out with another album later this year called Carry On, IIRC.
That's too bad. I hadn't heard about that. Seems like Cornell wanted more cash. :p

Also, there is the song/theme from Requiem of a Dream. It's been in a few commercials I've seen recently as the backround music. And a few videos.
I love that soundtrack. I bought it as soon as I figured out that it was the trailer music from the Two Towers. :)

Clint Mansell, the same guy that wrote that Requiem's music, also did the score for the film "The Fountain." Those tracks are also awesome. I highly recommend it.

I just listened to Paul Oakenfold's "Starry Eyed Surprise." It has a catchy beat, just like the one I"m listening to right now - Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation." <3

I'm listening to Linkin Park's "From The Inside." I love songs with crazy screaming, especially from Linkin Park. ;)

Crazy screaming as in screamo? Or... oh, Linkin Park screaming. That's different. That's awesome. I'm currently listening to In The End by them though, not much wailing in that. It's pretty tuneful though.

Crazy screaming as in screamo? Or... oh, Linkin Park screaming. That's different. That's awesome. I'm currently listening to In The End by them though, not much wailing in that. It's pretty tuneful though.

In The End was actually the first song I ever heard from them. It's actually the one that got me hooked, and now I can't get enough. I think their best screaming is in One Step Closer. Every time I listen to that song, I literally go crazy.

My dad has a bunch of old vinyl albums that he somehow converts to mp3s and then puts them up on our network so I can get at them. He recently converted Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, so I'm currently listening to that album. It has a lot of great hits like Funeral for a Friend (Love lies Bleeding) which I had never heard before.

In The End was actually the first song I ever heard from them. It's actually the one that got me hooked, and now I can't get enough. I think their best screaming is in One Step Closer. Every time I listen to that song, I literally go crazy.

I was first introduced to Linkin Park by a friend who burned Faint Remix to a CD. Sounded brilliant, went to iTunes and bam.

Any music from the soundtrack of 300, which is composed by Tyler Bates. I'm a sucker for OST music. 'Specially if it's orchestral. 300 is a prime example. It was also a pretty damn amazing film too. In which, I've seen twice. :D

Then, there is Godsmack. I've also been listening to it recently. The songs the top this list are songs like Straight Out Of Line, Speak, Voodoo and Awake. All from different albums. I also like many other songs, too. But, those are my fav. from each album. ;)

Linkin Park Meteora Album

alot of the songs that linkin park does have alot of meaning to me, especially 'somewhere i belong' as i've been to so many places, and i think the only place i ever really fit in was in the army, and so im training to go back and pass bct (failed the pt test, i failed the run miserably).

Chester from LP doesn't scream, you want screaming listen to All That Remains, Soulfly, Unearth, etc...

Chester from LP doesn't scream, you want screaming listen to All That Remains, Soulfly, Unearth, etc...

Has the definition of sreaming changed when I wasn't looking. Or am I just the only person that thinks that real screaming is done by bands like Behemoth, Legion of the Damned, God Dethroned, Marduk, Watain etc. etc.

NP:

Slayer - Jesus Saves

A great song from the album Reign In Blood. This just is the best trash band ever. Everybody who likes metal must buy this album and if you don't like, you ARE crazy.

Has the definition of sreaming changed when I wasn't looking. Or am I just the only person that thinks that real screaming is done by bands like Behemoth, Legion of the Damned, God Dethroned, Marduk, Watain etc. etc.

NP:

Slayer - Jesus Saves

A great song from the album Reign In Blood. This just is the best trash band ever. Everybody who likes metal must buy this album and if you don't like, you ARE crazy.

I like early Sepultura more, but Slayer definitely pwns...

At the moment, I'm listening to Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride. Wonderful song. I like a lot of seventies music. As I'm typing, the song changed to Born to be wild. My motor is running! (Yea, that was a dumb joke. heh)

I know it's an old post, but I happened to spot it as I was reading the rules listed on the first page, and figured I'd give you a thumbs up, Bob. :D

I love Steppenwolf's style, and Magic Carpet Ride is one of my favorite songs. Born to Be Wild is good, and I also particularly like Rock Me and None of Your Doing. Then again... I like nearly all of their songs. :p

Right now, I'm listening to Billy Joel - It's Still Rock & Roll to Me. I've always liked Billy Joel's style as well, and the fact that a large percentage of his songs contain saxophone solos is a big plus for me.

(I own one and love playing it, as well as listening to it. :))

Archived