Home

What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)

stoffe

^^ oh yeah, Foo Fighters was another one i got. I, on the other hand, think it's pretty brilliant aswell, in places. When it's good (The Pretender, Let It Die, Stranger Things Have Happened), it's brilliant, but some of it feels like filler. And i think Ballad of the... is one of the highlights of the album, it's a great piece and it makes you want to learn how to become an acoustic guitar wizard. Oh, to have skillz like that...

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And i think Ballad of the... is one of the highlights of the album, it's a great piece and it makes you want to learn how to become an acoustic guitar wizard. Oh, to have skillz like that...

Well, individually, it's decent, but if you listen to the album as a whole, from start to finish, it seems a bit dropped out of nowhere. Just my opinion on it.

Tales of the Future - Vangelis (From The Film Blade Runner)

"Perfectly capturing the isolation and melancholy of Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard character, the Vangelis score is as much a part of the dystopian environment as the decaying buildings and ever-present rain."

Wow

In my head, I keep replaying Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger". Samuel Dravis pointed me at them and his Daft Chat comic took on a whole new meaning. I downloaded from iTunes immediately and listened to it a couple times on the way to work. I could start dancing right now, just from the imaginary rhythms. :p

a CD called The Book of Secrets, by Loreena McKennit
She is great. :) I have a Loreena McKennitt playlist which includes about 4 tracks from that album, a couple from The Visit, and a couple from her newest studio album, An Ancient Muse.

The only Loreena McKennit song I know is 'The Mummers Dance' and I really like it. :)

Right now I'm hooked on Ingrid Michaelson's 'The Hat'. It's got that groovy indie feel, and it gets bonus points for mentioning my (and Ingrid's!) alma mater in it. Plus her voice is really pretty. :3heart:

Amaranth, by Nightwish. As some of you more observant members will have noticed, the single's cover is featured on my avatar. Amaranth is from Nightwish's latest album Dark Passion Play.

It's a very catchy song and shines light on the new vocalist (whatever her name is). I miss Tarja. :(

Amaranth, by Nightwish. As some of you more observant members will have noticed, the single's cover is featured on my avatar. Amaranth is from Nightwish's latest album Dark Passion Play.

It's a very catchy song and shines light on the new vocalist (whatever her name is). I miss Tarja. :(

I love that song! :D

The video is also very good, quite artistic IMO. The new vocalist is called Anette Olzon BTW, i too miss Tarja Turunen she was very good and well we'll just have to see how the new vocalist does although she is also very good.

I love that song! :D

The video is also very good, quite artistic IMO. The new vocalist is called Anette Olzon BTW, i too miss Tarja Turunen she was very good and well we'll just have to see how the new vocalist does although she is also very good.

I thought the video was great, except for Anette - she looks and behaves like a bloody pop star in that video! :D Tarja was much more composed and metal-like in her videos! The rest of the band kicked serious ass, though. I like the video's matter, though - and very clever camera angles there.

Archived