Home

PC gaming in 2007 and you

Alegis

Searched, and unless my eyes deceive me - there is no such topic yet!

Which games have the honor of residing in your watch list for 2007?

A good list of upcoming 2007 games, ordered by genre, is the following topic on gs forums:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24525221

Droollist - Watchin these closely, most likely playing them:

Spore

Bioshock

Project Offset (although I assume it is a 2008 release)

Crysis

Assassin's Creed

Watchlist - Games that look interesting, and want some more information of:

Dragon Age

Witcher

ET: Quake Wars

Divine Divinity 2

Alan Wake

Stalker

Savage 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only game I'm eagerly anticipating this year is Jade Empire: Special Edition. I also will get the Star Wars 2007 "Force Unleashed" game if it gets released for PC, though right now it doesn't look like it will.

Hopefully BioWare will do the same number with Mass Effect as it did with Jade and release Mass Effect: Special Edition for the PC since at present it's only announced for Xbox 360.

yeh can't wait for episode 2. Been so annoyed at the delays. Although Source have got around to optimising their source engine for dual core processors, which is mad. Hopefully most future games will start doing that.

Is assassin's creed and gta 4 pc? thats awesome. Unless it comes out half a year after the consoles.

Other than that crysis and bioshock interest me.

GTA 4 hasn't been announced for PC yet. It's likely (although with vice city and san andreas they did threaten not to release for PC because of piracy. Did anyways) but then there will be at least half a year delay after the console release oct 07.

Assassin's Creed has been announced for PC and will take a little while (few months I presume) after console release.

Really looks forward to be a great year, haven't really been anticipating that many titles before. Some good RPGs coming up. And I'm being tempted by Burning Crusade, which would mean I wouldn't be playing any other game than WoW for that time .. agh, decisions decisions.

I'm getting a full-time summer job just to buy a new PC at the end of the summer. It'll include the latest of graphics cards (like a GeForce 8 series, one that works with DirectX 10), a top-of-the-line 64-bit 2.66GHz quad-core processor (equivalent to 10+GHz processing power), with at least 4 gigs of RAM, a PPU, and Windows Vista. These plans are subject to change by the end of the summer when there are even newer parts out.

Why do I need all this power? Because I am a 3D modeler (some of you have seen my art already), and by massively advancing in computer power, I can do more and render faster. I am planning this to be my career one day, after all.

Why else do I need all this power? Why, games of course! By massively advancing in computer power, I will be able to play the latest games at the highest settings years down the road. And also because I use my computer like life-support.

Anyways, on to the topic, games I'm looking forward to:

Spore

Half-Life 2: Black box (episode 2, portal, and team fortress 2)

Project Offset

Assassin's Creed

Other games that look interesting (mostly because they're technically advanced):

Alan Wake

Crysis

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific

There will probably be other games I'll look into later when I get my new computer.

And I also hope they do Command & Conquer 3 right.

Here is the big Question about PC Gaming in 2007: What System Specifications will you need to have a good time of it?

I reckon bare minimum:

AMD 64 3200+ (or Intel's closest chip, I can't keep up with their naming system)

nVidia 256Mb Geforce 7600GT (or Ati's closest)

1024Mb RAM

DVD ROM (they all seem to come on these now)

Internet conection (Damn you valve!)

About 7-10GB of HD space PER GAME

Here is the big Question about PC Gaming in 2007: What System Specifications will you need to have a good time of it?

I reckon bare minimum:

AMD 64 3200+ (or Intel's closest chip, I can't keep up with their naming system)

nVidia 256Mb Geforce 7600GT (or Ati's closest)

1024Mb RAM

DVD ROM (they all seem to come on these now)

Internet conection (Damn you valve!)

About 7-10GB of HD space PER GAME

Looks like Wally's gonna need an upgrade :(

Archived