Home

KOTOR III Needs more blasters!

WeaponMaster

This is what I think it should have, blasters: not just a few models with different properties, I mean different models per blaster, different laser colours (red and blue), characters better equip to fire blasters, increase that damage they do, make them more effective, make them just as good as melee weapons, special blasters used by only certain party members (Ex. Ordo Repeating Blaster, Carth's Blaster). Blasters, blasters, blasters!

Blasters, blasters, blasters!

Lightsabers, lightsabers, lightsabers!

But in all seriousness:

I partly agree, and I partly disagree.

I think it would be a good idea to have more original blaster types and models, but blasters are already as good as a melee weapon (if you modify it right). For instance, HK-47 has a gun on my file that can do up to 40 damage (no mods). It's all about how you use the workbench. And also, nothing gets better than a blade that mocks a super nova's heat.

Meh...more blasters...I don't know. We already got a nice bunch of them.

I'd love to see more 'Unique' weapons though. Like every 'important' NPC having his/her/it's own signature weapon you can claim. That would be cool...and it would make boss-fights far more rewarding :)

Meh...more blasters...I don't know. We already got a nice bunch of them.

I'd love to see more 'Unique' weapons though. Like every 'important' NPC having his/her/it's own signature weapon you can claim. That would be cool...and it would make boss-fights far more rewarding :)

thats right! I like the weapons from K1&2 like "Naga Sadows Poison Blade" and "Ludo Kressh's War Sword" .

this makes the story even better and you get some background informations.

Blasters....nah, we already have a lot of them....

I would definitely like to see blasters become more important. Maybe even in a part of the game, you lose your lightsaber and are forced to use blasters.

Also, the lasers could use some sprucin' up. The tired old red laser beam, and then the occasional green bolts from bowcaster get tiring. True, there doesn't need to be a hoard of colors, but more than just red and green.

This is what I think it should have, blasters: not just a few models with different properties, I mean different models per blaster, different laser colours (red and blue), characters better equip to fire blasters, increase that damage they do, make them more effective, make them just as good as melee weapons, special blasters used by only certain party members (Ex. Ordo Repeating Blaster, Carth's Blaster). Blasters, blasters, blasters!

Blasters against Jedi or Sith = suicide.

Yeah blasters (or anything other than lightsabers really) should be expaded on in terms of variety. I loved using that foofing huge axe beast in TSL hehe.

And at the same time, I wanna mention that I'de like to see lightsabers limited to fewer peope in the game at the same time. Soo many lightsabers... thought they were rare.

Originally posted by Henz

Yeah blasters (or anything other than lightsabers really) should be expaded on in terms of variety. I loved using that foofing huge axe beast in TSL hehe.

And at the same time, I wanna mention that I'de like to see lightsabers limited to fewer peope in the game at the same time. Soo many lightsabers... thought they were rare.

Hehe...SO true :D

*In the refugee sector*

Husef: "Hey Mr. Jedi...you saved our skins! Here have a lightsaber!"

Me: "But..wait...you...lightsaber...wtf!"

Husef: "Wait...have another saber!"

Me: "But...what the..."

Husef: "MORE MORE MORE!"

They should make them rare objects indeed. But I hope you can make one yourself, like in kotor 1, instead of searching all over the galaxy like in TSL.

Originally posted by Prime

Oh yes, players would love that! :D

Hell yes. Just like Fable when you masacre a whole Prison block using a stick :D

Hehe...SO true :D

*In the refugee sector*

Husef: "Hey Mr. Jedi...you saved our skins! Here have a lightsaber!"

Me: "But..wait...you...lightsaber...wtf!"

Husef: "Wait...have another saber!"

Me: "But...what the..."

Husef: "MORE MORE MORE!"

LOL, Yeah, its nearly ridiculous how lightsabers spams in the most strange and unexpected places.

Hell yes. Just like Fable when you masacre a whole Prison block using a stick :D

Man, I only had the patience to kill two guards (and they killed all my prisoner followers) on Jack-Of-the-Blades Prison with that damned stick. Then I had to run around searching for my equipment. :rolleyes:

s3d5y8.jpg.

so true.

I would like improved blasters, and on what redhawke said:

You people do realise the game is called Knights of the Old Republic... right?

Yes, but...

Carth wasn't a jedi...

HK-47 wasn't a jedi...

T3-M4 wasn't a jedi...

GO-TO wasn't a jedi...

Canderous wasn't a jedi...

Zalbaar wasn't a jedi...

and if you played you'r cards right...

Atton wasn't a jedi...

Mira wasn't a jedi...

That angry wookie in TSL that i could care to remember it's name wasn't a jedi...

Bao-Dur wasn't a jedi...

Desciple wasn't a jedi...

Handmaiden wasn't a jedi...

I use the "wasn't a jedi..." phrase loosely, as some of those characters have the option of being jedi/ Sith, or melee users. But, just by looking at the above... that's at least 12 possibilites for having blaster toting characters. If you still say there's no point in upgrading/ adding more blasters, i give up.

But, just by looking at the above... that's at least 12 possibilites for having blaster toting characters. If you still say there's no point in upgrading/ adding more blasters, i give up.

Not all of them have to be range characters, just one member in a Party. I send in two meele people to dispatch the enemy while the range character wound the enemy.

And Mira is better used as a Range Jedi, using Force Powers while firing at the enemy using her pistol. And I often times used Kreia as a range fighter on Peragus. So, Jedi can be blaster toting characters.

And, oh yeah, there is no point to upgrading/adding more blasters because you can make the game much more easier than it is already. No more uber-upgrades! So just give up now. :)

Yes, but...

Carth wasn't a jedi...

HK-47 wasn't a jedi...

T3-M4 wasn't a jedi...

GO-TO wasn't a jedi...

Canderous wasn't a jedi...

Zalbaar wasn't a jedi...

Atton wasn't a jedi...

Mira wasn't a jedi...

That angry wookie in TSL that i could care to remember it's name wasn't a jedi...

Bao-Dur wasn't a jedi...

Desciple wasn't a jedi...

Handmaiden wasn't a jedi...

Ok Carth and HK are gunfighters I can give you that.

Canderous use big guns can also do melee.

Zalbaar/HanHarr/Brianna are all melee based, and Bao-Dur in a way

Well atton do need pistols, even as a jedi, and Mira is for blasters if you don't want her to be a jedi.

T3 is more like a tool box..

G0T0 GOES NOT COUNT, USELESS OVERSIZED BOWLING BALL.

Mical the disgusting stalker perv jediphile, and he is better suited as melee too.

i'd like to see blasters do a bit more damage but i just prefer having jedi with me, i only find myself with non-jedi characters if i need someone who is good at something like security. So that means someone like carth i dont use that much but the sad thing is i like him. I always find myself wanting to take him along in my party but he just isn't as effective with his blasters

Go ahead, be sarcastic if you want, but I'm not. I would like it. Say you're on this planet with a large Exchange presence and you get captured. They take your weapons, so you only have your fists and a blaster you pick up off a guy you just killed to escape.

Well, in K1, I use Canderous' chaingun in blowing the Sith Troopers on the Leviviatan to free Revan, Bastila and Carth.

And in K2, I use Mira's sniper rifle in sniping those Ubese Bounty Hunters, stunning them and then using flurry to blow them to obivlion, so that Mira can escape the death trap known as the Jekk' Jekk Tar.

So...in some sense, doesn't this sort of scene of a blaster-weidling person blowing his way out of prison ALREADY exist?

Archived