Home

Bring back the lost dialogues

Krasas

Hello. I am new in this forum and I realize it's kind of late for what I will be asking, but I'll try it anyway :)

I am part of a team that is currently working on a greek translation of Grim Fandango (subtitles only, not speeches).

Going through the game (patched with the 1.01 patch) in order to verify the translation I found certain bugs.

Most noteable are:

1. In year 3 Manny can no longer talk to Domino in his office. There was a lengthy conversation there, were motives and evil plots were revealed.

2. Some speeches do not show subtitles. This happens (as far as I can tell) with Glottis speech in the game finale and at the Octupus ride in Year 3 when he talks to Manny...

The subtitles are however in the Grim.tab file for both these occasions. Actually in the Grim.tab file the structure is somewhat confusing, since there are subtitles that are repeated (mostly subtitles from cutscenes) and some subtitles/whole conversations that never take place in-game.

So my questions are:

- Is there a way to bring back these dialogues and add the missing subtitles by messing with the .lua files?

And if so,

- Is it possible to recompile them (the lua scripts) and make them work in-game?

Thank you in advance!

Archived