Home

What is the status of this mod

Gorgi

To be honest i forgot about it completely. I remember that the mod started a long time ago for Jedi Outcast, but it seems it is now for Jedi Academy (which is a good thing). But i don't see many progress as it looks like it's the same as years ago.

When i was cleaning my house i found this old Dark Forces cd-rom. Of course i could not get it to work under XP, and using dosbox it looked like ****. But that is because it's an old game. Then i remembered this mod so i looked on fileplanet/gamershell etc. for the file. I though it to be done summer 2003, but now i found out it isn't done yet.

Are people still working on this mod?

Any idea when it's done?

I was really looking forward to play DF once again as it is my favorite starwars game.

-I like the setting -- ie, during the reign of Emperor Palpatine with his foremost agent Darth Vader :)

-I do not like jedi and prefer a blaster -- I did finish DF2, jediknight without forcepowers/lightsaber (except when it was necessary like force run or something or opening grates when no weapons could do it) but the original i was no jedi.

Thanks for any answers :)

We're still here. The second demo should be out be out very soon, as in the first quarter of this year. I can't give you an exact date because it all depends on how quickly I can work on detention center around my school schedule, which shouldn't be a problem but I don't want to second guess myself. At any rate, there is a lot done and things are constantly moving forward. Truth be told, I have everything along the first elevator completed and I'm editing the excellent terrain map Salv has done so I only need to finish two levels and the trash compactor before the map is done. Just hang in there...

Don't you mean 3rd demo? I was under the impression I'd already played two demos of this mod... ;)

They released the first level only for JO.

Then the 'First Demo' which contained the first three levels for JA.

Thus the 'Second Demo' will be the second batch of 3 levels for JA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

well, we aren't quite done yet. I was hoping for things to be done by now, but Chrustec is redoing all the cutscenes with the new Moldy Crow model and Detention Center is only about half done. I think now it will be June or July. Anyhow, do check out the mods homepage for a happy birthday announcement and some details about what will happen after the 3rd demo is released.

thanks

Saw the news post... Well, thanks for five kickass years you guys! I mean the community was almost as awesome as the mod in itself, in that you got so many people cheering for you and maybe it was a bit inevitable for a mod of this quality to die... But I still can't wait for the third demo ;)

Yeah I sorta felt this would happen. As a graduating college student I can see how quickly free time for intense work like this tends to vanish... Thanks for all the hard work, six levels is an amazing accomplishment for an independent volunteer team. Congrats on a job well done :)

As an aside, when the final assets are released, will these include the maps like Jabba's Ship and Robotics Facility too?

Back when the mod started I knew it would be a tough job to make a whole game by an independent volunteer team. But atleast we got 6 levels. By judgeing the way the first 3 were done the final demo is just going to be awesome. Thanks for the hard work.

P.S. I'm still mad at that darn April fools joke you did a few years ago making us think LEC was taking over the mod. I feel the time in making the site could have been put into working on the demo.

P.S. I'm still mad at that darn April fools joke you did a few years ago making us think LEC was taking over the mod. I feel the time in making the site could have been put into working on the demo.

It took the webmaster probably an hour to throw that together since most was just borrowed from LEC classic gaming site/page. It didn't detract from our output in anyway I assure you. ;-)

Yeah I sorta felt this would happen. As a graduating college student I can see how quickly free time for intense work like this tends to vanish... Thanks for all the hard work, six levels is an amazing accomplishment for an independent volunteer team. Congrats on a job well done :)

As an aside, when the final assets are released, will these include the maps like Jabba's Ship and Robotics Facility too?

Yeah, those two maps are just roughed out, but I will include the .map file so someone can take over with what is there. The textures for those levels are completed, so we are talking about a couple hundred pieces of artwork that are just waiting for a mapper to use.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to this will probally be the last big mod for ja, well done on all the effort and hard work youve put into making this.

If your looking for more Jedi Academy single player give this a try. I just found out about it and started playing it. It's as long (if not longer) than the original SP campaign. You're basically downloading a whole new game. There are 25 playable levels. There are 35 levels in all. 10 cinematic and 25 playable. 35 levels, 150000 brushes, 25000 lines of script, 40000 entities and 3000 hours of blood and sweat was put into EY:4 - The Lost Maps.

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Escape_Yavin_IV_The_Lost_Maps;58958x#856009

Archived