Home

International Titles

Glokidd

Hi all, GloKidd here,

Some of you may know me from the ScummVM forums (as i spend nearly every waking moment there :) ) A while back I started putting together a Language/Version specific compatibility list for games supported by ScummVM.

It was a very long list, and semi/unnesisary as a majority of the details that it contained were avialable VIA ScummVM's own compatibility and datafile MD5 checksums pages :). Fortuneatly, after all the superfluous and unneeded parts were removed, there was still a list of International Titles :D

And thus, the seldom updated International Titles page of ScummVM's WIKI was born ;)

Now to the reason for this post...

We need more localized titles to fill it :)

Currently we have many localized titles in the list, but are always eager to know more.

Do you Know some titles that arent currently on the list ? if so, post them to this thread and Ill add the titles to the WIKI page lickety split :p ( i cant believe i just said "lickety Split"... ugh...Time to go brush my teeth)

P.S. Just to clairfy I am not a team member, nor do I directly represent ScummVM in any way, this list is a hobby. Recently I have had the oppertunity to put some more time into this page and am eager to elaborate on it :D

OK, I went through my Lucasfilm adventures collection and looked for German titles. Funny enough, nearly all game titles weren't translated at all for distribution in Germany. I suppose, for Germans the English titles sound cooler than titles translated into German language.

Just for fun I'm going to provide you with the translated titles as well even when they were never used in Germany. Here we go:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

German: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Das Graphic Adventure

(German translation is: Indiana Jonas und der Letzte Kreuzzug, but that translated title was only used for the movie, but not for the game)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

German: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

(German translation: Indiana Jones und das Schicksal von Atlantis, but that was never used for the game)

Loom

German: Loom

(German translation: Webstuhl. Was never used for the game)

Day of the Tentacle

German: Day of the Tentacle

(German translation: Der Tag des Tentakels. Was never used for the game)

The Dig

German: The Dig

(German translation: Die Ausgrabung. Was never used for the game)

Maniac Mansion

German: Maniac Mansion

(German translation: Verrückte Villa. Was never used for the game)

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

German: Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

(German translation: Zak McKracken und die außerirdischen Seelenbieger. Sounds absolutely dumb and was never used for the game)

Sam & Max Hit the Road

German: Sam & Max Hit the Road

(German translation: Sam & Max kratzen die Kurve. Was never used for the game)

The Secret of Monkey Island

German: The Secret of Monkey Island. Ein Grafik-Abenteuer von Ron Gilbert.

(German translation: Das Geheimnis von Monkey Island, or even: Das Geheimnis der Affeninsel. Never used for the game)

LeChuck's Revenge - Monkey Island 2

German: LeChuck's Revenge - Monkey Island 2. Ein Graphic-Adventure von Ron Gilbert.

(Note how they use "Graphic-Adventure" here while using "Grafik-Abenteuer" for Monkey Island 1)

(German translation: LeChucks Rache - Affeninsel 2. Never used for the game)

The Curse of Monkey Island

German: The Curse of Monkey Island

(German translation: Der Fluch von Monkey Island, or even: Der Fluch der Affeninsel. Never used for the game)

Escape from Monkey Island

German: Flucht von Monkey Island

Finally - we've got a real translated german game title here!

Thanks ssdsa for all the effort :) The translations are very entertaining :D

I quite like the ones for MI 1+2. LeChucks Rache - Affeninsel 2 looks like another very cool title (too bad It wasn't used :( ) but then again I have no clue as to the pronounciation so perhaps I'm wrong *oops*

The hyphonates for IJLC and MI 1+2 are probably worth noting on the WIKI. Ill check it out with the documentation team next time I have the chance to talk with them.

This is a great list, thanks again :)

Archived