Home

IGN Prediction: KOTOR III Arrives

Devilsfanatic

I added the prediction so that people wouldn't jump into the thread and get disappointed by a misleading title, I'm a good poster like that.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/759/759057p1.html

KOTOR 3 Arrives

Last year we over-zealously predicted that Knights of the Old Republic 3 was in development, probably by Obsidian, and would blow us away at year's end. We took our best shot and we were wrong. That was before (way before) LucasArts showed off its goods as E3, where those goods didn't include KOTOR in the slightest. That's why they're predictions. This year we predict the third Knights of the Old Republic will not appear -- at all -- in 2007. It will instead arrive in 2008. LucasArts will announce the briefest of details of the third game, probably at E3, and then proceed to talk about the other Star Wars game and Indiana Jones. Sad prediction, but that's how it's going down.

I think you made a good post Devilsfanatic. The only thing I would have added would have been "in 2008" at the end. :)

Sounds plausible. We'll just have to wait until May to see if LucasArts does announce KotOR 3 is in development. The only thing I wonder about is which developer will make the game.

See, now I think it would be really funny if LA do K3 this year, making IGN wrong twice.

Anyway personally I still predict that K3 will be released this year as part of the 30th anniversary festivities.

And which company develops it? Can't be Bioware or Obsidian, or they would have said so...

And I doubt a good Kotor III can be developed in anything less than 1.5 years.

KOTOR3 is one of my most expecting games. I hope only that the game going to be more underdone than second part and have the same quality and epic story like in first KOTOR - best game i've ever playing (all of this game was perfect - especially planets - pure Star Wars!)

For some reason sequels to big games always take a lot of time. I mean it took 4 years for a Neverwinter Nights II to be made and there's still no Diablo 3 or StarCraft 2. If K3 is made I think the most realistic release date would be more like 2009 (but I hope I'm wrong).

Well, that really means nothing unless they did get info from LA but aren't allowed to disclose it. If they didn't get that info however, what IGN says doesn't really matter a toss, they are in no way capable of making an accurate "prediction" as they call it.

~Sno0ze

ugh, predictions, sadly, i faith in that sorta thing is at 0% percent, i've heard TONS o predictions about this game and every single one of them as been wrong, i've completely lost hope for this game. I hope to god they make it, I WISH they would make it but i've come to terms with the fact that it might not be made and if it is made it wont be for a long time. all in all when i see that its official and being made i'll change my words, but till then, i've lost all hope.

to many people with rumors that never ever come true

And which company develops it? Can't be Bioware or Obsidian, or they would have said so...

And I doubt a good Kotor III can be developed in anything less than 1.5 years.

Why would they have said so? Many of LA's prjects have had lots of publicity and then fallen flat of their collective faces, K2 being one example. Besides, what do we really know of what is coming out for the 30th anniversery? Not much. In addition to this Obsidian have a few projects going that they have refused to talk about which potentially could be K3. I'm not saying that it will come out this year, I just think it will.

Really, KOTOR is the biggest name that is in limbo right now. I cant think of any other franchises that quite match up. Even Duke Nukem forever has released a screenshot before KOTOR 3.

:lol: Screenshots don't mean didley squat. Every time that DN4 has changed engines they have released screenshots.

As I have said before, the earliest I want to see K3 is late 08 or preferably early 09.

See, now I think it would be really funny if LA do K3 this year, making IGN wrong twice.

Dont say that! They may announce it just in 2009! :lol:

For some reason sequels to big games always take a lot of time. I mean it took 4 years for a Neverwinter Nights II to be made and there's still no Diablo 3 or StarCraft 2. If K3 is made I think the most realistic release date would be more like 2009 (but I hope I'm wrong).

I dont agree. You just named games from Blizzard that arent even being developed! See Kotor II, If there was just more six months for them finishing the game, then we would have a complete game.

Archived