Home

Musical Instruments (Show n' Tell)

MdKnightR

I love the Beast design! I was going to get one when I goofed and won the bid on the Assassin FX6 that I mentioned earlier in this thread. I would like to have the red quilted maple top Beast that has been discontinued. Right now, I've got guitar fever!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Reclaimer probably hasn't seen this thread and I know he plays guitar, I'd like to invite him to post photos of his guitar(s). Here are some updated photos of my 6-string electrics. Those of you who have seen the Bich before will notice a bit of visual modding that wasn't there before.

eagle14.jpg

5cbd_3.jpg

5edd_3.jpg

6458_3.jpg

If I find my video camera, I'll put a pic of my Gibson.

I have a Gibson Black Beauty, which they stopped making I think this year or in 2006. It's really nice, and great for metal or punk.

I'm getting an Alpine White Standard Les Paul soon, like in the next week. Those are beautiful.

If I find my video camera, I'll put a pic of my Gibson.

I have a Gibson Black Beauty, which they stopped making I think this year or in 2006. It's really nice, and great for metal or punk.

I'm getting an Alpine White Standard Les Paul soon, like in the next week. Those are beautiful.

I do agree....Alpine White Les Pauls are gorgeous! Especially with gold hardware. Tom Keifer had one back in the 80s. I wish I had the money to buy a Gibson Les Paul......but, if I did, I'd spend the money on a custom shop B.C. Rich. Probably have change left over too. ;)

I do agree....Alpine White Les Pauls are gorgeous! Especially with gold hardware. Tom Keifer had one back in the 80s. I wish I had the money to buy a Gibson Les Paul......but, if I did, I'd spend the money on a custom shop B.C. Rich. Probably have change left over too. ;)

They gold really stands out on it. It's amazing. I had a B.C Rich, but I didn't really like the feel. Musician myths say that with B.C Rich's, some feel good, some don't. I guess mine didn't, but it did to the guy who bought it.

They gold really stands out on it. It's amazing. I had a B.C Rich, but I didn't really like the feel. Musician myths say that with B.C Rich's, some feel good, some don't. I guess mine didn't, but it did to the guy who bought it.

I've heard that too. I have yet to pick up a B.C. Rich that I didn't like the way it played. Now, if you are talking about the way it feels as far as hanging on a strap, that's a different story. My Bich is very comfortable to wear on a strap, but my Eagle is not. But I think that has more to do with my physical stature than anything. I'm 6'5". The way that an Eagle is shaped makes it look and feel short when I am wearing it. I think it has a lot to do with strap button placement too. On the other hand, my Bich is very long from end to end. In fact, it is just 3 inches shorter than my bass guitar. My Assassin looks small on me too, but not quite as small as the Eagle does. I keep saying that I should have bought the Mockingbird instead because its strap button placement and shape makes the neck feel longer. Does any of that make any sense?

That makes total sense. But the thing for me, it isn't how it feels wearing it, it's how I play it. I mean, when ever I try to play metal on it, it just doesn't feel as heavy as my Les Paul.

When you say heavy, I assume you are talking about tone. But, then again, Les Pauls weigh a ton. I have to ask....what model B.C. Rich did you own?

Acoustic guitars: Martin DX-1 with a Fishman transducer installed post-factory under the bridge, Art & Lutherie Cedar (A&L is the entry-level Seagull brand, great low-end acoustics with solid tops), assorted Yamaha trash for travel and practicing

Electric guitars: an ebony Gibson Chet Atkins SST (steel string, no longer in production as of January, 2006 much to my dismay) and a 1997 Parker NiteFly (not nearly as crazy--or as pricey--as the post-1998 models)

Electric bass guitar: Midnight blue 1994 Fender American Standard Jazz...the first brand-new instrument I ever purchased...rarely leaves its case these days, unfortunately, and is probably in desperate need of a setup.

Amplifier: Vox AC-30/6TBX that is currently missing a major resistor off the PCB. If anyone wants to explain to me how a resistor LITERALLY JUST FALLS OFF A CIRCUIT BOARD, hey, go to town. I'm hoping to get it repaired soon, since there isn't a chance in hell I'm making fixing a $1700-and-unreplaceable amp my first soldering project.

Recording: E-Mu 1820 PCI interface with 8-in/8-out breakout box. Still need a decent pair of monitors.

I played bass from 1989 to 1996, when I started playing acoustic guitar regularly. My guitar style is, unfortunately, incredibly sloppy and features an incredibly heavy right hand; when I tried to make the transition to electric from acoustic in 1999, I found electrics nearly unplayable. (oh, that poor Parker) After a while a music-major bass player I duo'd with suggested trying a Chet Atkins and I knew it was what I needed. I don't know whether it's awesome or really sad that my rig is worth far, far more than my car.

A B.C Rich IT.

You mean like this?

INVISIBOLT.jpg

I can't speak for these, as I have never played one. Its a really new concept. For those who don't know but are interested, IT refers to the type of construction. IT = Invisibolt Technology. The neck bolts on from under the pickups instead of through the back of the guitar. It gives it a kind of neck-through-body appearance and is supposed to have superior sustain.

Archived