Home

What did you think of Sion?

SykoRevan

What did you think of Sion?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Sion?

• Completely awesome, wanna see more of him!
    • Cool character for TSL
    • Ehh I still like Malak better
    • Didn't really live up to expectations
    • Worst character in the game!

I'm curious as to how well-received the only true Sith Lord in TSL really was. In my opinion, he's the only actual Sith in the game, since Kreia is neutral and Nihilus really cares little for the Sith as he is consumed by hunger (on a side note, am I the only one annoyed by the fact that Nihilus' name is never said in the game?) More than that, Sion as a character is totally bad-ass, from his voice to his overall character. I loved that when Sion got angrier, his voice would echo more, and when he talked calmly, like he did when he finally let go of his anger, he actually sounds like a human being, which is just cool character development all around. So enough of my opinion, as I could go on, I want to know what other think.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(on a side note, am I the only one annoyed by the fact that Nihilus' name is never said in the game?)

If you ask Atris, after you defeat her in the Holocron room, "Who is Kreia?" she actually mention Nihlius by name, if I recall correctly.

---

Sion...really didn't live up to expections. He was nothing more than a heir to Malak's legacy, of brutality and destruction. His ability to resurrect was overrated, and you could kill him in 3 tries without breaking his will. When he finally gives up and when you break his will, that was okay...as well as if you are able to romance with Sion. Still, I would have liked it more if Darth Sion broke up to tiny little pieces after being killed off.

Sion is, just like Malak, nothing. They had caused lots of damage, they were responsible for death and destruction...but they were weak on the inside and powerless. Malak was secretly afraid of being overshadowed by Revan...and Sion's only reason for living was to serve his master, Darth Traya.

Hey guys,

Well I voted for "Worst character in the game!". Against Darth Nihilus and Darth Traya, Sion was too cheesy, I could see it being in one of the films, but not KotOR and especially not KotOR 2. I mean he was the only one in the game that said something along the lines of "Your her apprentice in name only, I am the master"... When someone says that in a Star Wars film or something I get extremely embarrassed. Personally I think Sion was maybe for smaller kids, so when you add something like that into a game with such a dark and "adult" storyline it just spoils it a bit.

~Sno0ze

(on a side note, am I the only one annoyed by the fact that Nihilus' name is never said in the game?).

They did that for effect, making it a discription of the character more so than his name. But that's what Darth titles are, they all have a meaning in relation to the person. Although Darth itself means "Dark Warrior". As for the word Nihilus it has more than one slightly different meaning -

1. Nothingness or Nonexistance - "Consumed by hunger"

2. Death of the self and/or of the consciousness - "He has forgotten his own flesh"

3. Total and absolute destructiveness - "As my feet walk from the ashes of Katarr"

4. The denial of all real existance - "All life.. exists to feed your power.."

So all relate to him as you can see. Hope I have just told someone this that didn't already know lol!!

~Sno0ze

^^^That was Ajunta Pall :)

Sion I thought was the better of them all simply because he was like the typical Sith Lord I expected him to be, corrupted by the power of the darkside. His regenerative abilities made it it frustrating but if you sap his will, you can convinve him to back down.

Still he exemplified brute strength and he was driven by power, like all those who fall to the darkside.

Sion was okay. He was destined to always play second fiddle to Nihilus or Traya, because he just doesn't have the character to be the Sith Lord master. He's not a bad character, really, and certainly a lot less cheesy than Malak, but he still can't hold a candle next to Nihilus or Traya, who are both far more interesting and potent characters.

Next to them, Sion is little more than a mindless brute, a zombie, the blunt weapon that must be wielded or at least guided by someone with greater insight or a more strategic comprehension.

What G0T0 says of Malak is almost just as true for Sion: "Malak demonstrated no concern for the future of the Republic in his attacks. His stratagems were painfully obvious, intending to crush all resistance, everywhere. There was little thought beyond the complete destruction of anything that opposed him."

Sion is not quite as cheesy or silly as Malak, but he's still the least of the sith lords in TSL.

Sion's OK, but he's not the best. I expected so much of him, my expectations based on his description back when TSL were still in production, but in the end he turned out to be a misguided zombie.

I would have liked it more if Darth Sion broke up to tiny little pieces after being killed off.

That's something I hoped would happen. I was really disappointed to see him simply fall down, like an ordinary enemy NPC. It would have been a really nice touch, if he had dissolved, or turned to ashes while still standing.

• 2 weeks later...

Sion is my favourite baddy in the game I would have liked to see more of him and see him again in the future. He was originally compared with Malak but he is nothing like Malak IMHO. He always intrigues me and I love the tension between him and Kreia.

Nihilus was an interesting idea but under developed and Krei has a lot of knowledge and teachings to impart but I have to admit as to being left confused by her at the end and reverting to ignoring her on most play throughs except to get what I need out of her.

Although I'm playing again right now and might use her a bit off the ship more then I usually do.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, suprising to see so many that didn't care for Sion. In my opinion, Sion is a character that was completely amazing, and his storyline cannot end in KOTOR 2, I think he was far more clever than he was given credit. HE salive, no doubt about it, I just didn't buy the whole, glad to leave this place at last ending, the power of the darkside cannot be so easily undone. He exacted his final vengeance on Traya, by allowing her to fall at the hands of the Exile, the thing she loved most. Sion is out there, and I believe he'll make a sweeping return in the next game.....if they ever make one lol. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him appear in future EU fiction, games or literature, because there is a whole lot of story to examine there. Any other big fans of Sion, check out my fanfic in Coruscant Entertainment district called Darth Sion: A legacy Of Pain..........its on either page 7 or 8.

SION RULES!!!!

Wow, suprising to see so many that didn't care for Sion. In my opinion, Sion is a character that was completely amazing, and his storyline cannot end in KOTOR 2, I think he was far more clever than he was given credit. HE salive, no doubt about it, I just didn't buy the whole, glad to leave this place at last ending, the power of the darkside cannot be so easily undone. He exacted his final vengeance on Traya, by allowing her to fall at the hands of the Exile, the thing she loved most. Sion is out there, and I believe he'll make a sweeping return in the next game.....if they ever make one lol. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him appear in future EU fiction, games or literature, because there is a whole lot of story to examine there. Any other big fans of Sion, check out my fanfic in Coruscant Entertainment district called Darth Sion: A legacy Of Pain..........its on either page 7 or 8.

SION RULES!!!!

Not at all biased in your post Darth Sion101 ;) I think Sion was a really cool badguy, I think he is far superior to Malak, in my opinion Malak sucked big time! I liked Sion's power, and I don't know why people think its un-realistic. After Obi-Wan had beaten Vader he kept himself alive due to the DS untill the Emporer found him. So why couldn't Sion do this? And in all honesty Nihilus and Sion's powers are alot less silly than alot of what has happened in the EU! I remember when I first saw the Video of Sion arriving at Peragus I was thinking 'Poo in no way am I ready to face this guy!'

Archived