Home

One (as in life)

Tried something new last week--to win the campaign maps with one trooper. So my self imposed rules are:

a. if you die, you must restart the level (even if it is after VICTORY is declared)

b. can't use any special characters (heroes)

c. can't use any cheats (but I am playing in the "normal" mode)

Obviously, there is still a certain amount of luck involved, but it's a fun challenge to play like you only have one life to live. It's really forced me to not only put some good thought into the strategy of winning the map, but also the tactics of using each clone trooper type.

I'm on Kashyyyk planetside right now. I haven't kept track of how many tries it took me per level, but am doing it more for the challenge. It's kinda neat to see the medals my character is getting (and the 0 in the death column :) ).

My original goal was a bit more ambitious...to have one guy make it through every map and have to restart from the very beginning of the campaign if I died. Perhaps once I get *really* good at this game (ok, and really lucky).

I really enjoy the Strategy forum for picking up tips and such--it has been invaluable so far during my quest.

* SithSpeeder *

More like, if you die then restart the campaign. If you die at all, then what's the point?
Uh, that's what I said was my original goal, but I wasn't that good (or lucky) yet.

Anyways, I've gotten through to "Knightfall", but surviving the last couple of objectives (especially the _last_ one of kill the 3 masters) through all those Jedi is darnwell impossible with one clone. Has anyone done it and if so, how?

* SithSpeeder *

Since you KNOW they will spawn, just let them fight your computer grunts and blast away with a turret, FF=OFF obviously.
Hmm, I have found the Jedi whack the computer grunts/clones with amazing efficiency. Which turret do you recommend...the one by the "1" spawnpoint or one inside the main hall?

I have tried an outside turret and just became light-saber fodder (granted this was only once, though).

* SithSpeeder*

lol, i always play like that... my main profile has about 100k kills and 0 deaths, legendary everything about 10 times over... its more fun to do campaign 1 life style, as you get the vibes going as you are living as a clone troper in 501st throughout the events etc.

• 5 months later...

It is done! New character (no veteran or legendary anything), one life.

Hoth has fallen--it took a while to figure out how to beat the last command post, but it was fun once I figured it out.

Ended with a bunch of veteran levels (especially Endurance and War Hero), something like 600+ kills.

Now I'm trying to do One+One with my son (same rules, just two of us in splitscreen). We're currently stuck on Kashyyyk space, as taking out the interior objectives inevitably leads to one of us getting whacked.

* SithSpeeder *

• 1 year later...

Now I'm trying to do One+One with my son (same rules, just two of us in splitscreen). We're currently stuck on Kashyyyk space, as taking out the interior objectives inevitably leads to one of us getting whacked.

I can imagine that:

SithSpeeder: C'mon son, we need to destroy the command bridge before...

SithSpeeder's son: *Crashes into command bridge in attempt to destroy it* uh oh!

SithSpeeder: Damn it! C'mon, let's go talk about this over some mashed potatoes and steak!

Archived