Home

Betcha' didn't even know...

jebbers

i remember watching an infomercial a year ago saying that there was a cure for cancer this whole time, and the reason they don't tell anyone is because the pharmaceutical company is a buisness and if there was a cure, they wouldn't make any money off of all the medicine the people would've been buying, or something like that. I didn't really pay attention to it that much.

So then why doesn't one company pick it up and sell it? If it truly worked, they'd beat out all the competition. Period.

It might be cheaper, but they'd have 100% of the market. They'd make just as much money selling something at 10% of the current cost with 100% of the market than something at 100% of the current cost with 10% of the market.

Not to mention they'd expand the market. If some drug cured 99% of all cancer, all those whackos who end up using holistic treatments would take the drugs as well.

AND the product wouldn't remove demand. The drug wouldn't eliminate cancer. There'd be plenty of new patients every day developing cancer. It's not bacteria... It can't die.

You don't even need to be in the pharmaceutical industry. Bill Gates could provide the capital and then earn 10x as much as he has with Microsoft. The returns on the investment of getting this drug out there would be PHENOMENAL.

I think if this does actually work and it's not just a bunch of hooey, and if they perform the clinical trials and it checks out OK, this thing is going to be huge.

Until then, however, I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

It just has that "too good to be true" quality to it.

• 2 weeks later...

The claims here don't make sense. It seems that they are saying that an anti-cancer drug that is cheap and safe isn't even known about because of some massive conspiracy by the drug companies to keep this under wraps. That doesn't explain why this drug isn't the top story on CNN today. Are the drug companies paying off the media? Come on now.

Besides, if this drug were really ready to go, then they'd be offering it in Canada, what with their health care being socialized. All Americans would have to do is go up to Canada and get some of this stuff. Therefore, drug companies in the U.S. would be forced to offer this, because of competition from Canada. Not to mention that what ever company was the first company to offer this drug would make a killing - they'd have a monopoly on the product.

So yeah.

i don't doubt it at all... matter of fact... I'm not gonna rule out that the center for disease control in Atlanta doesn't already have a cure for AIDS nor Cancer yet... i think its a scam by the government to not only regulate the economics of the medical and pharmaceutical industry, but also a form of population control. i think even tho they have the cure they will withhold it all from the general public and use it only for the ppl in close to knows what is actually going on....

These companies are so bull****. They won't give us the cure to cancer because they want to make money selling those **** medicines. Just like the Electric Car, they want to make more money so they destroyed all the electric cars and replaced them with normal cars. Can't even f**king save the world you live in, all because they want money.

The claims here don't make sense. It seems that they are saying that an anti-cancer drug that is cheap and safe isn't even known about because of some massive conspiracy by the drug companies to keep this under wraps. That doesn't explain why this drug isn't the top story on CNN today. Are the drug companies paying off the media? Come on now.

Besides, if this drug were really ready to go, then they'd be offering it in Canada, what with their health care being socialized. All Americans would have to do is go up to Canada and get some of this stuff. Therefore, drug companies in the U.S. would be forced to offer this, because of competition from Canada. Not to mention that what ever company was the first company to offer this drug would make a killing - they'd have a monopoly on the product.

So yeah.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

i don't doubt it at all... matter of fact... I'm not gonna rule out that the center for disease control in Atlanta doesn't already have a cure for AIDS nor Cancer yet... i think its a scam by the government to not only regulate the economics of the medical and pharmaceutical industry, but also a form of population control. i think even tho they have the cure they will withhold it all from the general public and use it only for the ppl in close to knows what is actually going on....

And that actually doesn't make any sense.

Though I'm still up in the air about this, it could be true or not. All I know is that for one reason or another, we're not hearing much about it, therefore calling it into question.

Mmm, what Nalukai said does make sense, in a rather overblown, conspiracy-theory-esque sort of way. A bit too imaginative, possibly.

However it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that government policy in this matter (which almost certainly serves the interests of the corporate sector) is immoral. Government policy is routinely immoral, and routinely ignores the needs of the majority of the population. And it's perfectly believable that pharmaceutical companies aren't willing to fund something that cannot be monopolised by them in the testing phase. Why would they? They're businesses.

As for the drug "being ready to go" TK... I don't think the scientists in Canada have claimed that it's ready to go. They're still testing it on cancers, and in fact have yet to progress to human testing.

As for the efficacy of the drug, I personally would reserve judgement on the issue until there are more groups doing research on the effects of the DCA on cancer. Preferably internationally.

These companies are so bull****. They won't give us the cure to cancer because they want to make money selling those **** medicines. Just like the Electric Car, they want to make more money so they destroyed all the electric cars and replaced them with normal cars. Can't even f**king save the world you live in, all because they want money.

I've heard that the electric car isn't such a good idea, and that the pollution produced when making the electricity in the power plants is worse than that of running a car on gasoline. Does anyone have any figures on this?(preferably including what it takes to move and store both forms of energy)

Even if the medication does what is claimed, it will have to go through loads of testing to prove it, and to prove that it doesn't harm the patient.

It's possible that there is some pressure from certain special interests, but I'm not going to jump on the conspiracy theory bandwagon. :)

Archived