Home

Casting Call: Sea of Empires

Alkonium

Well, although my third Sith Resurrection thread is doing quite well, it still has that same black-and-white idea of good and evil. In this RP however, things are going to be a lot more morally ambiguous, with no faction being clearly good or evil, pressing their own agendas, but for the good of their people. Now to the backstory.

In a land known as the Golden Sea, the Empire verges on civil war, after a thousand years of peace. The leaders of the nine provinces each believe themselves to be following the will of the aging Emperor, whom, due to his deteriorating health, is unable to adress his people directly. The nine provincial representatives each address their people in the Emperor's place, each twisting his words in their own ways.

The Nine Provinces:

Niya: Meaning treasure in the old tongue of its people, the Niyans are a proud, but wise people. They are represented in the Imperial Court by Lord Khan. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Katana (Similar Real-World Culture: Feudal Japan)

Altus: Known for its philosophers, the Altians turn not to the gods for counsel, but to their fellow human. They are represented in the Imperial Court by Varacles. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Gladius. (Similar Real-World Culture: Ancient Greece)

Tyor: Respected for its military prowess, Tyorans are a loyal people, trusting their leaders and gods. They are represented in the Imperial Court by Lannik Septim. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Claymore. (Similar Real-World Culture: Medieval England)

Kanis: The most devout of any province, Kanisians believe that the gods will guide the Empire to glory. They are represented in the Imperial Court by the High Priest Khaldun Amunhotep. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Spear. (Similar Real-World Culture: Ancient Egypt)

Merkan: Believing themselves to be greatest of the Imperial Provinces, the Merkans pride themselves in their indepedence from the rest of the Empire. They are represented in the Imperial Court by Jacen Nelar. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Musket. (Similar Real-World Culture: Colonial America)

Ferai: Famous for being the richest province, the Ferai are a people of seafaring merchants, often going from province to province. They are represented in the Imperial Court by General Cutler. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Cutlass. (Similar Real-World Culture: 18th-century Caribbean)

Tarim: Living in the coldest province, the Tarim have struggled to survive and have earned the respect of the other provices. They are represented in the Imperial Court by Hrisskar Kronson. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Battleaxe. (Similar Real-World Culture: 11th Century Greenland)

Imperius: Home to the Emperor, the Imperials take pride in their civilisation, and their diplomatic ability. They are represented in the Imperial Court by the Emperor himself. Their Symbolic Weapon is the Flamberge (Similar Real-World Culture: None)

Ok, here is a sample character sheet

Name: Spartus

Province: Altus

Weapon: Gladius

Class: Warrior

Backstory: Once a promising scholar, Spartus took up his sword when Altus was invaded by an insectoid race from beyond Imperial boundary, and has walked the warrior's path ever since. He still, however hopes to see a peaceful solution to the tension between the provinces.

Cool, another fantasy RP. I think I'm gonna like this one better..

Name: Foo Merkanor

Province: Merkan

Weapon: Extremely balanced dueling swords

Class: Duelist/Ranger

Backstory: A devoted Merkan captain with strong head and stronger based morals, (all of them advancing his province in the name of the Empire)

Do we get to have two chars? Can we play any generals?? Do the clans get to outright attack one another???

Name: The Samurai

Province: Imperius

Weapon(s): Katana, nakago, and wakizashi

Class: Warrior/Assassin/Bodyguard

Appearance: Who I Am and a signature physical statement of being blindfolded with the black blindfold having a red symbol of anarchy*

Backstory: While most of this walking myth's life has been unknown as the only known thing is that he is blind...

*tell me if that is allowed or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Gwenyvach Tyri

Province: Tyor

Class: Diplomat, but very deadly with her silver quarterstaff

Appearance:

http://www.filmweb.no/bilder/multimedia/archive/00102/Keira_Knightley_i_P_102159c.jpg (Keira Knightley, I know, but I sure wish I looked like her in real life)

Backstory: Once a scullery maid in her teens at the court of the King of Tyor,

Gwenyvach soon impressed everyone with her cunning and subtle persuasion

skills. The King considers her one of his finest diplomats, although he soon

believes that he will have to convince Gwenyvach to push for war against

one or more of the provinces...

Seeing as it's based on Star Wars, this can't be considered a fantasy RP :xp:

What exactly is the plot to this, Alk? What will our characters be doing?

Actually, it's not based on Star Wars. The fact that there is an Empire in both is where the similarities end. This is completely new fantasy universe, with its own deities, lore (which shall remain ambiguous and open to interpretation), and locations. The plot, is going to be much less linear, because again, this isn't a conflict of good and evil, but of clashing philosophies. Our characters will be doing leading their provinces as the political state of the Empire decays into civil war.

Ok. Here goes the description. I hope this is ok

Name: General Portia Cutler

Province:Ferai

Weapon: Cutlass and a pistol

Class: Soldier and politician

Description: Leader of the Ferai province, Portia Cutler strives to keep her fleet of merchants still sailing and maintain a brisk commerce for all. Named general of the fleet at a young age, she outmanuevered sea pirates and enemy ships who tried to take control of the trade routes. Known for her power of persuason, she manages to gain the support of the populace and follows through with a promise of continuing trade and prosperity. She possesses a knowledge of languages from the neighboring provinces and trusts no one save for one who dared to show her that there was more to life.

Name: Kenshin Tsung

Province: Nyia

Class: warrior/diplomat

Weapon: katana

Description: Tall and lithe, Kenshin struggles to find his place within the class of warriors within his home province. Possessing a high aptitude for diplomacy, he accompanies Khan to the Imperial Court. There he meets General Portia Cutler of the Ferai province and is drawn by her courage of conviction in demanding secure trade routes. He stowed away on one of her ships and was there to aid against an attack by pirates and from then on earned the respect and trust from the general. He returned to Nyia to pursue studies in diplomacy and struggled to relay what the Emperor wishes in spite of the interpretations the other representatives call. He also coninued his studies in the way of the sword becoming a respected warrior in his own right and gaining foothold in the political circles.

This will be my first RP, just to see how it is like. I won't be that active much, but I'll try.

Name: Martin Alexander III

Province: Imperius

Weapon: Flamberge

Class: Scholar/Imperial Court Advisor

Story:

Alexander Martin III follows in the footstep of Alexander Martin II when he decided to be a scholar. He love studying the ancient lore of the history of the Golden Sea, answering such question like: Who was the First Emproer? Why did the Empire grow so fast, so quickly? Why is this kingdom called the Golden Sea if there is no Sea?

His investigation into such important questions make him pretty popular amongst the royalty. So much so, that the royalty appointed him one of several Advisors sitting in Imperius that would advise the running of the Empire. The King was really interested in Alexander's unique doctrine of "If you forget history, you are doomed to repeat it".

Alexander was not really that interested in power though and remained pretty much a loyal advisor, advising the King, helping him out, and relaying his orders...until one day...

When Alexander Martin III found this really ancient tome in Kanis, written by the Egyptain god Anbius. This tome was written at the begining of the reign of the Empire, in which states everything about the Golden Sea and how it would be able to expand and live for 1000 years...

The Book was 995 years old.

Alexander Martin III was shocked. He realized that in 5 years, the whole empire would deingerate into civil war, if the procphery was true. He checked it again. 1000 years. Not 1100 years, not 2000 years, but only 1000 years.

Alexander Martin III thought about warning the King, but then decided not to. He felt that if he warned the King, then the King could overreact, sending in troops to go and overthrow all "potential" civil war leaders, which would ironically spark the end of the Golden Age that Alexander Martin III wanted to avoid.

But then, Alexander Martin III had a great idea. Why must he try to stop the end of the Golden Age...when he could very well profit from it! Alexander Martin III could easily see his family taking over a huge chunck of land and running a huge empire, and maybe he could even create a brand new Golden Age, one that might last longer than 1000 years.

With a newfound purpose, Alexander Martin III decided on helping to cause a slow and gradual collapse of the Golden Sea, knowing that the Anbius book is on his side. For 5 years, he gained much power in the Court, and got the ear of the King many times. For 5 years, he bolstered his power, and slowly aqurried his own private army...to prepare for the millenium to arrive, and the End to come.

Archived