Home

Exile and Jolee

Nancy Allen``

While the Exile may have been out of touch since the end of the Mandalorian Wars, remember that Jolee's history goes back a LOT further than that. Heck, Jolee fought in the Great Sith War, which was more than 30 years before the Mandalorian Wars, so his "defiance" of the code could already have been legend when the Exile was still being trained as a padawan. I could imagine masters like Vrook pulling out Jolee's history as an example of what not to do.

I agree with Jediphile. Bastila knew about Jolee, and she probably had never met him before- the tale of Jolee must have been widespread among the Jedi. Also, it's a saying- the Exile probably never met Jolee herself, just heard the saying. She certainly didn't know about his journeying with Revan, though.

That was probably put in there for the sake of a cameo rather than accuracy. :)

I dont know perhap's the exile had heard of Jolee during the war or had read about him from the archives because i remember Mical mentioning something about his rim ward adventures or missions dont know which could some one look it up please.

Disciple mentions 'The Adventures of Jolee Bindo on the Rimward Planets' if I recall the title correctly. Since there was a whole book about him in the Jedi Library, it's not surprising that other Jedi would have heard of him.

He became a hero of the Republic, and a knight among knights on the Jedi Order, after all.

• 1 month later...
During a conversation with the Handmaiden she asks about the Jedi and love, and the Exile can say how he thinks it's called 'pulling a Bindo.' If he's so out of touch he doesn't even know about what happened to Revan and Malek after Malechor how does he know about Jolee?

well jolee was a jedi and the exile did go to the acdame on dantoiene so made he fond out adout him there

the disipall also speakes of jolee in kotor 2 so mabe he herd about jolee form

I assume the Jolee would be wild and talented much like anakin but without the darkside taint. And quite possably he would be the one yelling at his evil ex-girlfriend like obiwan did to anakin in ep3, and quite possably he would broke down pretty bad after the death of the girl, almost like losing his ipod and having a bad day, becoming an hero. Well instead of killing himself he killed his jedi-self. I guess Obiwan would have felt the same at some point, though obiwan did not even have the time to break down and cry.

Granted the jedi-fetish scumbag may have access to information not known to the general public, the stories of Jolee is well known by all in the jedi circle, and probably to some of the general public too, probably even the numerous people he saved. From the way he jokes and everything, he is probably quite a flashy guy, and maybe even a jedi posterboy like anakin, and not the more down-to-earth rebel like quigon.

Still an explanation of how she knew Jolee, or at least that aspect of him, would have been good even if only for funnies as anything with him is. But given how broken the game is maybe there were.

Why would Brianna ask the Exile who Jolee was if she knew who he was?

I'm not sure if she did. Of the characters in the first game Jolee is one of the most well known, infamous you might say. As he talks about other Jedi and what happened to them it's likely the Jedi that taught the Exile would have brought up Jolee and the path he took. Atris however, not wanting the Handmaidens to gain any dangerous knowledge, probably didn't even mention Jolee as he wasn't evil personafied (though that's how Revan and the Exile were portrayed) but the temptation to steal from criminals to help the poor or fall in love, as Jolee did, would have been a temptation had that knowledge been known.

I'm not sure if she did. Of the characters in the first game Jolee is one of the most well known, infamous you might say. As he talks about other Jedi and what happened to them it's likely the Jedi that taught the Exile would have brought up Jolee and the path he took. Atris however, not wanting the Handmaidens to gain any dangerous knowledge, probably didn't even mention Jolee as he wasn't evil personafied (though that's how Revan and the Exile were portrayed) but the temptation to steal from criminals to help the poor or fall in love, as Jolee did, would have been a temptation had that knowledge been known.

Brianna DID ASK EXILE BUT WHY IF SHE DUSNT KNOW ENETHING ADOUT JOLEE HOW DUS SHE KNOW HIS NAME

Brianna did ask exile but why if she dusnt know enething adout jolee how dus she know his name

I don't recall any instances of Jolee being brought up with them other than the 'pulling a Bindo' line.

Even then it's plausible. From what the Disciple said Jolee's adventures across the Rim are fairly well-known, but that's totally unrelated to him personally (and since it violates quite a few of the Jedi's rules it probably wouldn't have been recorded).

Disciple: "Much has been forgotten in recent wars, and I fear that greater troubles shall stem from that loss of knowledge in the future.The destruction of the Academy on Ossus near the Cron Drift in the Sith War....the teachings of Master Arca, the adventures of Jolee Bindo on the Rimward Missions. All of these things are in danger of being lost, forever."

Jolee is mentioned regardless of the exile's gender.

Oh, and the exile's gender doesn't matter since it's completely optional. Either is perfectly legitimate. That canon has chosen female doesn't matter to the game itself.

Archived