Home

Blood and Chocolate and Ghost Rider (w00t)

Renegade Angel

So...

My girlfriend and I go to the movies alot, and next Saturday (February 10th I think) we're going to see Blood and Chocolate with some friends. None of us has ever read the book so I'm pretty sure we'd like it, I'd like s second opinion though.

Then, on February 16th (the release of Ghost Rider, a Friday night, AND our one month... cool, huh?) we're going to see Ghost Rider, which I can't wait for because I've been waiting for this since like.. last July.

Anyways, just wanted some second opinions on these....

Much appreciation!

Never heard of Blood and Chocolate before.

Ghost Rider on the other hand might be a good movie, though I don't think it will be. It seems kinda cliché story wise eg. "Man sells his soul to satan for a woman". Meh.

Nicolas Cage is a weird choice for the role of Johnny Blaze as well.

Moel is on drugs. Nic Cage was just pissed he couldn't get the role of Superman, so he settled for Ghost Rider. The movie itself looks so awful and Nic Cage is just living out his silly little comic book fantasy.

Blood and Chocolate is some movie about werewolves. I read the book, it was complete crap. The movie apparently deviates from it greatly, so it might be better, but certainly not good enough to merit a movie ticket.

Nic Gage isn't a great actor for what I've seen. Some of his roles he plays in movies are okay. And good riddance, he didn't get the role of Superman. But, I'll see it the movie, nonetheless. I wanted to see it when I saw the preview whenver it was released. Ghost Rider is was one of the only comic books I've ever read, to be honest. :S

And hey, Eva Mendes is in it. Who, I think, is a fairly attractive dame.

I don't know Blood and Chocolate, but I guess Ghostrider will be pretty good.

And Cage is not a bad actor at all, he's just in a lot of movies and quite a lot of them suck. But what about Lord of War for example? That was really good.

Superman sucked anyway, but I agree, with Cage it would probably have been worse.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Ghostrider.

Both of these are movies that I have approximately 0 desire to see. I might see Ghost Rider on the condition that I get to drink a LOT of beer beforehand, but even then chances are slim.

In fact, there are no upcoming movies that pique my interest until 300 comes out in May.

Well, I for one, will be seeing Ghost Rider the weekend of its release.

Ghost Rider on the other hand might be a good movie, though I don't think it will be. It seems kinda cliché story wise eg. "Man sells his soul to satan for a woman". Meh.

Someone obviously wasn't paying attention to the movie trailer or ever read the comic. ;)

He doesn't do it for a woman, he does it for his Dad, Barton Blaze (at least that's what I get from the movie trailer). In the comic, it was to save the life of Crash Simpson, his foster father. Crash was dying of cancer and and he made a deal with Mephisto to cure the cancer. But, as with all deals with demons, it was tainted. Crash was cured, but he died shortly thereafter in a motorcycle accident. When Mephisto came to claim Johnny's soul, Roxanne Simpson rushed in an recited an incantation to repel him back to hell. Mephisto, not to be bested, cursed Blaze with the Ghost Rider.

It will be interesting to see how they made the movie storyline since they are combining the story of Johnny Blaze/Zarathos (Ghost Rider from the 70s and early 80s) with the story of Dan Ketch/Noble Cale (90s Ghost Rider) to create this movie. I, for one, am psyched about it being made at all. Since I am such a big fan of the Ghost Rider, I'll melt down if it doesn't live up to my expectations. Nicholas Cage wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think it'll be fine. I just wish they had made him strawberry blonde like the character in the comic.

Archived