15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Nitendo Wii
    • Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Sony Playstation 3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Jedi Atomic: You have no excuse for not getting a Wii. But as for the Xbox360 and PS3, you'll have do decide between the two. My suggestion is to get a Wii+PS3 or Wii+Xbox360 combo. Choosing between the PS3 and Xbox360 will greatly depend on what kind of games you're into. There will be some exclusive titles that will appear only for the PS3 and only for the Xbox360, but the majority of games will end up being on both console anywayz. The PS3 may be "newer" but it and the 360 are on a very equal playing field when it comes right down to it.

@ AkumaSF: Wii will have more than just games like WarioWare.

@ Carlo El Sanchez: Yes, when it comes down to raw power and graphical output, the Xbox360 has the Wii beat, but Wii has so much the Xbox360 doesn't have and won't ever have. The smartest thing anyone could do is go for a Wii+ combo. Hell, I'd do it if it wasn't for the fact that I have absolutely no room to put a 360 or PS3!

Oh all of that raw power and graphics won't matter if a s*** game is still a s*** game. How about we all stop jerking around the idea that it's the consoles alone that make games great and get down to where the real action is. The damn games themselves.

But I do agree that it's lame to call Metal Gear Solid 4, Sony's "Halo"... MGS is a much more intelligent game than Halo ever was and ever will be.

You have got to try Madden on the Wii. Its awesome.

Overall, I like the Wii. The game selection isn't great yet, but the system is still pretty new. Of course, they are updating the library of classic games you can download all the time. Its great to be able to play the original Zelda again! Its also the only console worth playing a FPS on, in my opinion. Red Steel is horrible overall, but its still fun when you first get the system.

I may get a 360 eventually, but not anytime soon. I really only play PC games myself.

PS3... well, lets just say I'm not impressed. Graphics are great. If all you care about is graphics then get a PS3, I guess. I've only played one at Best Buy. Its basically what you would expect. Nice graphics but more of the same.

I guess that about covers my thoughts...

Techincaly the PS3 has the most power.....personaly I could not care less about halo anymore. I used to play Halo 2 online until 1 in 3 people were hackers. MGS is realy a great game that some people just cant see. Does this mean ima get a PS3? Hell no!!

600 dollars for a more "powerful" system

or

400 for a more developed system thats fun as hell?

Halo is fun with its online multiplayer, but then again a tonne of FPS games that go online are like that, therefore that is the only advantage Halo has over MGS... But when it comes down to the story and one player action, etc... like I said, MGS is a MUCH more intelligent game than Halo. It's not me simply saying that Halo sucks, it's me bored with these standard FPS games cause I've played em all. They bore me.

The best way to play a multiplayer game is a either to play a LAN or sort it out with you're freinds and have a hard password. Otherwise you will get people joining telling you how to play properly or 'Don't kill me, I am not ready!'. If it is just you and you're freinds or brothers or sisters it's much more fun than people you don't even know telling you how to play a game.

I'd like to get a Wii and then, later on, a 360. I've been struggling for a long time now to try and find a Wii but to no avail. It's really making me think about getting a 360 first and just putting off the Wii. I really really would like to avoid doing that but I've barely even seen the Wii games, let alone the system. It's a terrible shame that it's coming down to availability instead of a consoles merits. :(

^ If you get headaches easily, from fast moving and dizzy camera angles dont get a Wii. Trust me, the camera views and moving are terribly hard to control, especialy on Red Steel. Go for a Xbox 360 or PS3.

Uh... Carlo. You get fast moving and dizzy camera angles from a lot of action oriented games no matter what platform they're on. Don't tell me you put the sensitivity on your games down to 0 or something.

Hell, the camera moved faster for me on Perfect Dark and GoldenEye more than it did on Red Steel and I have my settings for Red Steel on maximum. I like my FPS games to play where I don't actually see my target, but I know I got a headshot and am already onto the next.

Uh... Carlo. You get fast moving and dizzy camera angles from a lot of action oriented games no matter what platform they're on. Don't tell me you put the sensitivity on your games down to 0 or something.

Hell, the camera moved faster for me on Perfect Dark and GoldenEye more than it did on Red Steel and I have my settings for Red Steel on maximum. I like my FPS games to play where I don't actually see my target, but I know I got a headshot and am already onto the next.

Lol, no a Wii has really bad camera angles and when you face the nunchuck off the tv the camera goes spinning wildly...terrible. And ahh Red Steel graphics, alot like graphics of an original PS2 title, not great if Nintendo call Wii next-gen gaming, but in interactive circumstances i supose it works. Also i had Perfect Dark Zero on Xbox 360 when i bought it, i played it for about half an hour and returned it becuase it not only gave me a headache...but had weird gameplay, thats just me though. :)

Im very very picky when it comes to games, i aint a gamer that will have played nearly every game of its genre. I like a very few range of games.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me ? GoW sucks does it ? I happen to own a 360 and have passed GoW and pretty much the whole majority of Xbox 360 gamers like me would agree its a hell of a great, amazing, fun as game. Also i don't think Crysis will be that big even if it does have nifty graphics, after all most games have more success on the far more superior Xbox 360, iv even read myself that the developers of Half-Life and Doom claim Xbox 360 is the dominate console or anything gaming of the seventh generation. It owns Wii, PS3 and PC.

@ Rogue Spy:

- I think he may have mistaken "GoW" for "God of War" instead of "Gears of War"... maybe, cause he's nuts if he's saying that Gears of War's graphics suck XD

- Gears of War is cool but it happens to be the only really decent thing on Xbox360 at the moment apart from Xbox Live itself. The Xbox360, at the moment, has very few defining games but it's still early days.

- No comment about Crysis, I personally don't care. I may play it since I've played pretty much everything else XD

- No offence, but what does the opinion of Valve and iD have anything to do with... well, anything?

- This whole idea of Xbox360 dominance is an illusion. The fact that the 360 leads is because it launched a year earlier than Wii and PS3. But when it all comes down to it, within 3 months and a couple of weeks, Nintendo has almost sold half as many units of Wii's as Microsoft has sold Xbox360s on a worldwide scale. Take note, Xbox360 has been selling for well over a year now.

Don't misunderstand me though, all I'm saying is that this seemingly strong dominance is very much in peoples heads.

Archived