PS3 vs. Wii vs. Xbox360

Jedi Atomic

Which is better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Nitendo Wii
    • Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Sony Playstation 3

Gears of War is cool but it happens to be the only really decent thing on Xbox360 at the moment apart from Xbox Live itself. The Xbox360, at the moment, has very few defining games but it's still early days.

You seem to have forgotten Oblivion...

And wasn't there already been a pole on this?(<-I'm pretty sure those words have already been said on this thread...)

Back to topic:I'll stick with my 360, the wii looks ok but I'm not going to buy one.

I'll probably just convince one of my friends to buy it and mooch game time off them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

Quake 4

Doom 3

Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Counterstrike: Source

F.E.A.R.

Halo

Gears of War

and a note: any game can be addictive. some genres are more addictive than others. turn-based strategy and rpg's are probably the most addicting types of games. real-time strategy and shooters tend to be the least addictive, especially if you play multiplayer matches, but if you really start getting into it, they can be just as bad as other genres.

the ones i mentioned have strong singleplayer experiences (except for HL2: DM and CS: Source), and its easier to turn away from those games than something like a turn-based strategy game in which you have this whole "just one more turn" deal going on.

I have completed basicly everything there is to do on Oblivion, and yes it's a heck of a GREAT game! man oh man is it good, and Mercid, daft means stupid and dumb, and nothing really gets threw or sinks in the Wii. Tons of great games are on Xbox 360 and soon to come, such as: Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Halo 3, Bladestorm and alot more. I voted 360 coz i own one and its the best damn console out there at the moment...iv even read that the developers/creators of Doom and Half-Life admit that Microsoft's technology is far beyond Sony and that PS3 has failed to overcome being the next-gen king of consoles...in your face Sony, your arrogance and over confidence got the better of you! Still you hear alot more on 360 than PS3, despite PS3 being released a year later.

@ Rogue Spy: You know, the reason Valve and iD said what they said is because the 360 is just a PC in a console shell. Of course they're gonna find it easier to develop for and get things done for it. The cell architecture is extremely new and has pretty much undiscovered capability. But anyway, like I said before, what does what Valve and iD say have anything to do with anything? There have been quite a lot of developers who have picked the PS3 over the Xbox360 saying that it is superior too.

Oh and Bladestorm and Assassins Creed = PS3 as well.

But yeah, I do like the 360 over the PS3, the only thing good I can find about the PS3 at the moment is that it has Metal Gear Solid 4.

But in the end Wii just absolutely rocks :p

Some developers say very nice things, some developers say it's not their kind of console. It's pretty much exactly the same as how it's going with the 360 and PS3. The biggest difference I'm seeing with Wii is that smaller developers are flocking to it licky crazy and indie developers want to have their games on Wii. This may not seem like much to you, but this exactly how Sony grew so powerful in the first place.

And yes, I know Assassin's Creed is coming to 360, I was trying to say that two of those games you listed were cross platform games so it was pointless to name them.

• 2 months later...

I went to Six Flags and they had this thing called the wii experience it was this room where you could play the wii and it was really really fun!!! i just played golf and boxing and it was awsome! i also like the Xbox360 because of Xbox live and gears of war. theps3 sucks, compared to the wii and the 360 atleast. all that i think the wii has going for it is second life, and i wouldn't play that anyways because i vowed to never play online games again cause I always spend to much time on them and sit in front of the computer too long. but, yeah i would like to have a wii and a 360.

Archived