Home

Anyone try the new JKE? (Jedi Knight Enhanced)

Kurgan

How about any chance of ever seeing DroidWorks become ' enhanced ' or accelerated for that matter?

Of all the JK editing forums I've ever browsed and perused, nobody's even touched this topic - or game probably - heh. It used the same type of .gob files so what gives?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about any chance of ever seeing DroidWorks become ' enhanced ' or accelerated for that matter?

Of all the JK editing forums I've ever browsed and perused, nobody's even touched this topic - or game probably - heh. It used the same type of .gob files so what gives?

heh good question.... the guy who did JKE is done with editing JK.... this was his last thing cause he wants to move on to newer games i belive :(

hell he didnt even do it for MotS.... so All I can say is learn how to do it and give it a shot yourself :D

• 2 years later...

Did you try compatibility mode? JK was originally designed for Windows 95 (but it works in 98SE and 2000 just fine for me).

JK Enhanced with the unofficial patch provided on the same network (jkhub.net) works for me. Of course I don't have XP, so I can't verify, but others have gotten it to work.

Anyway, try that first.

That reminds me, I need to try out that pack of addons somebody made to make some of the JKE objects more like the classic looks... the Bacta tanks with the "clip" on the side, the "clamp" over the stack of Mines, and the big medical cross symbol on the big health pack.

Nope. dam compatibility wizzard doesn't matter what I ask it.

Doesn't matter if is from CD or from JK.EXE

dam dam dam dam dam.

Frikkin thing was working 2 days ago!

Maybe I need to uninstall, try the unofficial patch first, see if that worx, then try the xpansion

What I would LOVE, is a total campaign in Outcast that was the entire 2 CD set of JK.

And then Mots on top of it.

JK had a feel to the levels that outcast doesn't have - outcast looks better, but for some reason...feels more fake.

I suppose it won't matter if you use the JK_.cd file or not?

I presume this is the real retail game and not some copy or hacked exe...

You might try installing DaemonTools and mounting the image. Though if it's not recognizing it as a valid win32 application that sounds like a more specific software error. If you can't find the answer by searching our forums, I'd suggest contacting LucasArts about it (see their technical support pages). They will support this game, since they're still selling it.

Archived