Home

KOTOR III needs more Romance!

Light of the Fey

Should there be romance in KOTOR III?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be romance in KOTOR III?

• Yes
    • Yes, but optional
    • No
    • Dosen't matter to me

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we will have Bastila in the game, of course I want to have romance. And sex scenes... grrr.... just a joke. No, but this little techtelmechtel with Bastila in KotOR was really funny. I enjoyed it to make her upset and so on. With Carth I think the love story was too serious. With Bastila it was much more fun. And in KotOR II, ok, I liked Atton but the affairs with the others where too boring. (Still, I dream of having dirty talkings with Kreia, uh, she was a sexy beast, wasnt she?)

So what you're saying is that K3 should be done by Rockstar? :D

Nah, that would just mean there would be objections to the game even before it comes out and before anyone knows what's actually in it ;)

So no romance, just sex and violence? Ugh, men.

Just on that I'm not sure I'm going to like the new Force Unleashed game, from what I know you play a Sith hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi, but apparently you are romantically involved with your female Imperial pilot. I wonder how that might turn out.

So no romance, just sex and violence? Ugh, men.

Well, violence is great, and sex is... sex. But i think kotor is not about minigames of charging up the loading ramps... Yes, I would like some romance in k3. No I do not want it to be like a date sim, where you spend most of the timer courting your girl rather than doing things you should be doing, like, saving the stupid galaxy from utter destruction. And please make a more reasonable love interest. No, something like a jedi-stalking pervert is not my idea of a love interest.

Just on that I'm not sure I'm going to like the new Force Unleashed game, from what I know you play a Sith hunting down and killing the remaining Jedi, but apparently you are romantically involved with your female Imperial pilot. I wonder how that might turn out.

I sincerely hope that the canon story would not be sopmething like the typical "bad guy turn good and join the good guys"

• 2 months later...
And for you you romance haters, you must alll remember that it ties very heavily into the Star Wars storyline.

your right no matter what people think romance is gonna be in the game. if there will be more romance depend on the characters that will appear in the game and their relationship

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I bought KotOR II based upon my experience with KotOR I. Yeah. I do admit there is a heavier PC orientated storyarch in KotOR II, but there is more variety in KotOR I. One of the reasons why I bought KotOR II is the romance with Bastila, which I experienced when playing KotOR I. I like the approach to the storyarch in KotOR I, for it built upon a more closer releationship with you and a NPC. Since there was practically 'no' romantic releationships in KotOR II, I would like to see it implimented in the third game.

What I will end up doing this time is waiting.

• 3 months later...

It is more than whether Jedis can give into their emotions or not. Frankly, it will boil down to who develops the game. Obsidian is incredibly talented, but they do not enjoy writing romances and it reflects in their in game romances. Chris Avellone has said he likes "hatemances" and loathes writing the somewhat happy ending sorts. On the other hand David Gaider of Bioware is a die hard romantic and seems to have a lot of fun with creating enjoyable romances -jedi code be damned ;)

Frankly, any type of close bond between the PC and her/his fellow NPCs add to the role-playing experience- be they close friendships, enemity or romances. Where things go bad is if there is a romance and it totally sucks. Which from my experience is more of a risk with Obsidian who puts in romances because their fans like it- but they are not entirely "convincing".

Actually, the female can kiss, if you get far enough.

I liked the romance subplots, they gave you something to do. (no pun intended)

I think that in KOTOR I, the first romance subplots were kinda just being a flirt, until the very end.

It's like getting drunk at a bar and then telling someone you think they're hot, then when you become sober, you both say that you love eachother.

:p

It is more than whether Jedis can give into their emotions or not. Frankly, it will boil down to who develops the game. Obsidian is incredibly talented, but they do not enjoy writing romances and it reflects in their in game romances. Chris Avellone has said he likes "hatemances" and loathes writing the somewhat happy ending sorts.

Yeah, Obisidian entertainment didn't seem the like the romance subplot, only the guys all hating on each other. I really didn't enjoy the game, particularly on peragasus when you had to fend off sith troopers with the gun on the ship, and it was in the manual, but you only had to do it once.

:lsduel:

• 5 months later...

There is nothing like a romance thread to get everyone worked up. I for one hope that if we get KotOR 3 there had better be romaces in it otherwise I very much doubt I'll bother. I still replay KotOR but I just can't bring myself to put up with KotOR 2 because there isn't any romace at all (and what there is, is questionable at best) I have beaten the game once howver and well it was lacking. But that's nother thing all togeather.

We have Davied Gandier to thank for the Bastila and Carth romaces as he wrote both of them. Also I saw Juhani mnetioned. Yes Bioware had intended for her to be romaced by a female PC but from what I'm managed to peice together over the years just prior to the game going gold LA said no pull it so that's what Bioware had to do and in rather a hurry. So that's why there is still some of Juhnai's romace in the game but it's rather random if it fires or not.

And ever wonder why KotOR 2 suffered so badly where the 'romances' were concerned (and I use the term very loosely) I'll tell you or rather I'll let Chris Avellone who was K2's kead desinger tell you. The following was taken from a post of his on the Neverwinter Nights 2 boards.

Quote:

I wished I believed in romance more than Bioware. I just can't write it unless one of the pair gets impaled on a pike, set on fire, or betrays the other and then impales them on a pike or sets them on fire. Generally, I prefer unrequited, melancholy, quiet suffering whenever possible, which really doesn't go over well with a lot of the role-players out there.

And yes Neverwinter Nights 2 suffers just as badly as what K2 dose if not more so.

haha dead topic, much? :p

Personally I think that the whole romance thing should be optional; it's not everyone's cup of tea, and while I would like to see something a little deeper than shown in previous installments that's clearly not the general consensus that everyone shares.

I personally think there should be some romance in the game, well, actually, better defined than it was in TSL, much like in KOTOR. There was definite romance in that one. And don't forget Juhani. No matter what sex you were, she was another of Revan's interests. But if you were female, Carth was interested in you. If you were male, then Bastila. That ideal should be brought back into the game for K3.

I honestly can say I liked how Carth/Female Revan's plot was done. It was very sincere and it didn't rely on sexual innuendo to keep others interested.

To me, it had a real feeling to it, TSL was just sexual tension and off-screen hinting, it had a promise that went nowhere which left the ending with a bitter feeling.

With Carth, I felt Revan and him really did love eachother. Not only was there the cute flirting toward the beginning, but the teasing turned into something deeper, and it felt like a real romance story.

Carth would go anywhere with Revan and do anything for her, and she the same! His confession to her was so heart-warming and sweet. I loved it.

Hmm, I had a point...

Basically, I hope they elaborate on what they did in Kotor 1 and 2, yet let us fully explore the relationship, the little things are what make it.

And ever wonder why KotOR 2 suffered so badly where the 'romances' were concerned (and I use the term very loosely) I'll tell you or rather I'll let Chris Avellone who was K2's kead desinger tell you. The following was taken from a post of his on the Neverwinter Nights 2 boards.

Romance in NWN2 was so bloody terrible because:

1. There was something with Bishop and his godawful voice acting but it went somewhere off in fairy land

2. Casavir decided to suddenly fall for you out of the blue. You could tell it was pretty rushed and all they could manage to cook up was the very un-sentimental confession.

Kotor 2 had a little more in that department, only a little though hehe :p

Archived