Home

Do you think swg will continue to fail?

starbuck1771

Guest DarthMaulUK

I havent played the game since I stopped after playing NGE and was stunned at just how rushed it was. After seeing all my friends vanish, I didnt bother to renew. The one thing that REALLY bugs me is SOE's lack of communication to its fan base.

Almost every single summit you see that very question raised and the traditional 'we must do better to communicate with fans' answer is rolled out.

I for one can't stand what happened and it didnt improve the game at all. The game didnt need yet another new combat system, it needed content. Content keeps people coming back but when you have a dev team who have the creative mind of a gold fish, it isnt hard to see why Galaxies is in the state it is.

As for the million subscribers - thats over a 3 year period who actually signed up during that time and doesnt mean theres that many playing now. Remember those old adverts ' join hundreds of thousands' - now its just 'thousands'.

The game needs to be different to other MMO's and the only thing making it unique, it destroyed with NGE. There certainly is a market for a Star Wars MMO - but it has to be well thought out in advance.

DMUK

Im hoping that things will pick up with the new trade system. I also think that a condensing of the servers are in order, most the servers i played on were vacant :(

The fun from what i read so much about was the interaction with members of guilds and the time spent in teh taverns and the reliance on each different profession for the world to work out.

I believe there will be more interaction with Entertainers, Crafters, and Guilds with the next chapter.

My only concern is that my marks will be too buffed for me to stand any chance of fighting. :( It's bs enough now that jedi can force run away and reset the fight 1 million times and hide in a pvp zone..

Archived