Home

Darth Nihilus VS Darth Sion

Rockstar

Do you want this cutscene re-implemented?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this cutscene re-implemented?

• HECK YES! We need it
    • Would say yes - if it fit a bit better
    • Don't care
    • HECK NO!

Hi everybody.

Who here would like to see this cutscene placed into the restored game? http://youtube.com/watch?v=2_4r6GjgWDI

I have attached the script below at the bottom of my post

Please read my post before voting :)

Team Gizka have refused to implement it into the game for thier own reasons but after their project is out im sure there would be somebody here who could release a patch ontop of the TSLRP to include it! :)

A good place to position it would be straight after the council reunion on Dantooine, and the last Jedi Council Member has fallen. Darth Sion tells Darth Nihilus that the Jedi Order has been destroyed. This can be explained both ways:

LS: The sith would surely of sensed the union Jedi Masters and would have likely sensed the death of them. The 'Jedi Order' at this point IS destroyed. The exile was... well ... exiled! He is only ever really considered a Jedi as such by the Exchange (who really only use it as a label to take him down by).

DS: With all the Jedi Masters dead, and the last Jedi, Atris and the exile, turned to the darkside there are no more Jedi... Darth Sion could have sensed the shear growth in the darkside inside the exile from murdering his former master. The order is gone and now there are only the Sith.

As for explaining Nihilus having a past encounter with Kreia, In Sion's opening battle with Kreia he says that she is "difficult to kill". This gives the impression that her apprentices have made attempts on her life before. If i remember correct, Sion looked suprised that she was still alive.

I know that i'm stretching making this scene make sense but even the star wars movies have plot holes in and out and this game has plothole ANYWAY (even though this scene makes sense when placed here). The original placement of this scene was meant to be after Sion had thought to had killed the exile in an explosion but in the cutscene he says "the jedi order is destroyed" hense we can ignore this and the coolest thing about TSL is the mysterious atmosphere of it! :D

Perhaps other board members could brainstorm any other reasons of including this cutscene that i may have overlooked :)

SCRIPT

(Sion approaches Nihilus on his ship)

Sion:

- The Jedi Order is finished. I did what you, with all your power, you could not do

- There is more. Darth Traya lives. You did not kill her, as you presumed

- Our alliance is finished. I have no need of you

(Sion turns his back and walks away before pausing and replying to Darth Nihilus)

- I have never needed you

(Sion is drained and falls to the floor. He stands no chance against Nihilus. Sion's body is then rekindled with dark force energy resurrecting him again and forcing him to walk away in defeat (a battle that could not be won on either front!)

This cutscene shows how Nihilus drains his enemies before we encounter him, actually making it look like a twist when the exile gets drained and harms Nihilus. It shows that ONLY the exile could have killed him when Sion could not even kill him. This would largely create the build up to Darth Nihilus that everybody has complained the game was lacking (currently we saw ONE DIALOGUE BASED cutscene then we killed him later on...)

In my opinion having this scene in the game far outweighs reasons for not having it in there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't watched the YouTube video yet (but I will in a couple of minutes) but the script and the way that you explain it sounds like it should definitely be implemented in a mod and it was too bad that it was left out.

EDIT:

On now having actually seen the video, I am very disappointed that they took out the force crush/lightning aspects of Nihilus' power. I though that was pretty cool.

Anyone notice this Thread? Anyway, I've seen that video and it shouldn't be put back into TSL. It is a fan made video and Nihilus' power is too unrealistic there, since he casts two dark side Force powers at the same time. So no! If anything, I would like to be able to understand what Nihilus is saying.

umm if that's your only reason why it shouldn't be in there i really don't see why you are objectinging. I don't see it as him casting two powers at once in that scene. I don't think he is really force crushing him! it's just animating Sion being drained :)

That scene was MEANT to make Darth Nihilus look powerful! The fact is that he could defeat any Jedi or Sith and it was because the exile was a wound in the force that meant that the exile was the only one who could defeat him :) Please don't object to this scene being included just because you like Darth Sion more than Darth Nihilus because they were both good characters and had different strengths. One could destroy anything and the other could survive anything. Darth Sion walks away but it was a stalemate anyway!!!

I'm glad it made Nihilus look more powerful, since he didn't have much about him and I don't mind him as much as I used to. He will even be in my Saga, with Sion. I have to agree with you Rockstar. This scene would have to be after the Jedi Council is defeated or if Sion didn't know about them, after the Exile's supposed death.

I'd prefer it to be restored, but Team Gizka have given good reasons why they are not going to.

The problem with the scene is that Sion assumes the Exile to be the last jedi (which is why he is hunting him.) It was supposed to take place after the exile is presumed dead by both companions and enemies, including Sion, after the Genoharadan set a trap for him on Nar Shaddaa. The plot was changed in the final version of the game, however, and it is now optional when you decide to play Nar Shaddaa. That creates a potential plot conflict with how Sion turns up at various other points in the game, such as Korriban. I do believe that is the reason why Team Gizka decided against it.

But yes, it's cool.

@Topside: How can you argue Nihilus looks too powerful?!? This is the guy whom we know for a fact is supposed to eat planets full of jedi for lunch!! How can such a being possibly be made to look too powerful??? :confused:

Does anybody have the knowledge (or know somebody who does) of how to include this cutscene to join to the end of the events on Dantooine. This way we can include it as we like :)

ofcoarse we have to wait for the TSLRP for this anyway

I'm glad to see im not alone in wanting this cutscene included

The scene is top-notch. They should have put that in there instead of that god-awful scene, where Sion declares his love for the female exile (and several times, too - yuck!).

Even though Nihilus uses his power on the exile, this is a much better demonstration of his unfathomable power, which enhances the mystery surrounding him without taking away from his unsettling character. We also get to see Sion for zombie-like being that he really is.

HOW may i ask does it make Darth Sion look weak???? He defeated your MASTER in a single attack... Sion was already beefed up as a strong enemy. He simply could not defeat Nihilus because nobody BUT the exile could.

Anyway, to address the issue more constructively, does anybody here know how to create a patch to reimplement this cutscene where we think it should be? if you can you are a legend lol

HOW may i ask does it make Darth Sion look weak???? He defeated your MASTER in a single attack... Sion was already beefed up as a strong enemy. He simply could not defeat Nihilus because nobody BUT the exile could.

How would it Sion look weak? If anything, I would think it would make him look powerful. Nihilus blasts him with his drain, but boom, Sion gets right back up like nothing happened. That scene gives us a much better look at how powerful each of them truly is.

Eh, I interpet it as if Sion got "pwned" and is now broken under Nihlius, since Nihlius just talked to Sion, and all Sion did was walk away, without taunting him...suggesting that Nihlius has defeated Sion. After all, Sion fell down and had to struggle to get up...that is far more different than when you battled Sion. I still think it makes him feel a bit weak.

And, to me, Sion defeated Kreia because Kreia wanted Sion to defeat her, to prove the force bond of The Exile, and therefore, be able to manlipuate The Exile further for her own secret plans.

Eh, I interpet it as if Sion got "pwned" and is now broken under Nihlius, since Nihlius just talked to Sion, and all Sion did was walk away, without taunting him...suggesting that Nihlius has defeated Sion. After all, Sion fell down and had to struggle to get up...that is far more different than when you battled Sion. I still think it makes him feel a bit weak.

And, to me, Sion defeated Kreia because Kreia wanted Sion to defeat her, to prove the force bond of The Exile, and therefore, be able to manlipuate The Exile further for her own secret plans.

..you don't deliberately maim yourself by losing a limb to prove a point.

You are probably a diehard Sion fan and believe this makes him look weaker.

Trust me my friend, i am a huge fan of BOTH sithlords. The fact remains that anybody who knows what is happening knew that NOBODY could defeat Nihilus as he drained everything to death that got close to him. Sion's skill with a lightsaber was probably greater as he actually needed to use it far more often than Nihilus ever did, however Sion was THE ONLY one who got up after being drained because the force regathered in his broken body to revive him again... HOW does this not make him look powerful??? he walked away from a devourer of worlds!

This scene shows just how powerful this wicked alliance is ... you may think it made Nihilus look the stronger but Nihilus' insatiable hunger would have led him to drain Sion to death. He didn't JUST let him walk away. He knew he could not kill Darth Sion. The battle is a stalemate and i think that anybody who knows enough about the game to DL the TSLRP knows how both of these wicked Sithlords are both infinately powerful in their own way. This scene also shows how proudly powerful Sion is by chosing to end the alliance with Nihilus. "I NEVER needed you"... saying this line to a devourer of worlds? This is pride and power of only a true warrior.

This scene only magnifies both of these Sithlords abilities and creates a buildup for Darth Nihilus (who we don't even know drains his opponents ... we just see him try it and get hurt, if we saw it happen to Sion with no negative consequence we may have got the twist without thinking twice).

This scene rocks and i hope that somebody .. ANYBODY can restore it to the end of Tatooine in a patch :) :)

I actually like Nihilus far more than Sion, but I don't think this scene depicts Sion as having submitted to Nihilus.

They're at a stalemate, as far as I can tell - Nihilus can't kill Sion, because Sion can't die, but on the other hand, Sion has no power that match Nihilus'. So to continue their conflict is pointless, because it would also have the same outcome, and Sion just accepts it and leaves (seeing as how they're on Nihilus' ship).

^ couldn't have said it better :) Think about it. if Nihilus had boarded Sion and made an attempt on his life then HE would have left. Don't knock this scene because of the coarse it takes ;)

It also shows Darth Sion's corrupt nature in turning on his ally :D

..you don't deliberately maim yourself by losing a limb to prove a point.

You are probably a diehard Sion fan and believe this makes him look weaker.

No, actually diehard Kreia fan. And Kreia is...er...mentally unstable, of course she would maim herself to prove a point. :)

But if lots of people see that Sion is made more powerful by this cutscene, so be it. Anything to make this game better is fine by me!

I do ask that this get tacked onto the end of the Lonna Vash mod, having Sion boast about the killing of Vash and not of the Exile, seems to be the most logically way.

I do ask that this get tacked onto the end of the Lonna Vash mod, having Sion boast about the killing of Vash and not of the Exile, seems to be the most logically way.

That does make sense, actually, except perhaps that Vash sacrifices herself to save the exile, and Sion knows that, meaning that he knows the exile is alive. That presents a problem, since he perceives the exile as a jedi, and he turns on Nihilus only because he presumes all the jedi to be dead.

I actually like Nihilus far more than Sion, but I don't think this scene depicts Sion as having submitted to Nihilus.

They're at a stalemate, as far as I can tell - Nihilus can't kill Sion, because Sion can't die, but on the other hand, Sion has no power that match Nihilus'. So to continue their conflict is pointless, because it would also have the same outcome, and Sion just accepts it and leaves (seeing as how they're on Nihilus' ship).

Nicely said. It would be meaningless since it would be a match to see when Nihilus would run out of juice, and it would be a long long time indeed. Would be nice if Nihilus actually use that awsome power during the game though.

And yes it woudl be really hard to fit that into the current game story.

Archived